Author Topic: Recipes?  (Read 18287 times)

Offline Dragoon

• One Winged Angel
  • Clean
  • Semper Fidelus
Re: Recipes?
« Reply #30 on: March 06, 2006, 11:51:00 PM »
oh man my mom found the manga when i left it on my comp she made some of the ones on there.....................It was bad

Offline Floating_Sakura

• Clean
Re:Recipes?
« Reply #31 on: March 09, 2006, 09:10:08 AM »
WoW, i registered just for this thread... all the other ones seem too stupid for me to bother...

btw:
Regarding the "curry powder" and "indian curry powder":

keeping in mind that Curry is a manga made in Japan, there are probably different curry powders that are available to the Japanese consumers.  Althougn I am not an authority on this issue, I would suppose the Japanese have a "typical" curry powder used in Japanese curry (not too spicy, since spicy foods is not very well-accepted in Japanese cuisine).  The "Indian curry powder" would most likely be the original spice mix that Indians used, which would be considered VERY spicy by the Japanese.

With that said, i guess "curry powder" should be viewed as "mild curry powder" and indian curry powder would be "hot curry powder".

I think the japanese use roax?  Those brown curry bricks thingy sold in japanese supermarket...  or are those roax thing not raw enough for these recipes? o.o; (obviously i should never go near the kitchen and try anything with my knowledge)

Have you read Yakitate? One of the chapters show bread making with a rice cooker.  Not sure if that works too, anyone tried?

I know someone who tried it and he said it was delicious*~ ^_^ btw, anyone know which volume/chapters of yakitate that came from? me wanan try*~ ^^

Oh*~ and seeing that people actually use the recipes.. I guess I'll translate that as well from now on and take the pain off ccc's ass.. although he should probably still double check to make sure i have them right since I cook once a year when the moon turns blue.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2006, 09:12:37 AM by Floating_Sakura »

Offline cccnnn

• tEh SlAvEdRiVeR
  • Addict
« Reply #32 on: March 09, 2006, 01:24:54 PM »
curry > bread, kthx

Offline Floating_Sakura

• Clean
« Reply #33 on: March 09, 2006, 07:48:05 PM »
geez*~ stop being such an arse coco*~  >:(

Offline cccnnn

• tEh SlAvEdRiVeR
  • Addict
« Reply #34 on: March 14, 2006, 05:13:38 PM »
me > you, kthxbye

Offline Floating_Sakura

• Clean
« Reply #35 on: March 14, 2006, 05:20:38 PM »
I quit!!!!  >:(

Offline cccnnn

• tEh SlAvEdRiVeR
  • Addict
« Reply #36 on: March 27, 2006, 01:43:23 AM »
aww but I <3 <3 <3 u  :(

Offline Dragoon

• One Winged Angel
  • Clean
  • Semper Fidelus
« Reply #37 on: April 22, 2006, 09:47:46 PM »
word to the wise don't try green curry

Offline joeboxer5587

• Clean
  • ichigo pantsu lover!
    • Joeboxer.Zollonet.com
« Reply #38 on: June 07, 2006, 09:33:03 AM »
i had been reading the more recent volumes and saw the recipe for the 'aromatic' curry (the one they feed to the girl's mom.. cant recall names at the moment,, too many series and shows at once. :-P).

in any case, it has a recipe to make garam masala and curry powder there and to mix it up in a coffee grinder.  I went and checked the local grocery store,, and only one out of three stores had cardomom and it was already ground  (not to mention outrageously expensive compared to other spices).  Later, my friends and I went on an eating frenzy so to speak, and we went to the farmer's market just before closing,, and lo and behold,, I found just about every spice i needed there and it all very cheap (but all in large amounts as well. o_o').

The one thing I still havn't found is Cassia...   None of the stores I know of would have it in stock,,.  I did a bit of research online and found cassia to otherwise be called 'Bastard Cinnamon'.  I'm thinking I can just substitute real cinnamon in instead and it be close to the same thing., Once again, I'm not sure if I can find the cinnamon bark or not but I know i'll be able to find ground cinnamon.,.  does anyone have any conversion ratios of Cassia->Cinnamon,  and from Bark->Ground?
"Thank God for Marshamallows" --Me

Offline skintwisterman

• Clean
  • Sealed in a Radiant Larval Maelstrom
« Reply #39 on: November 20, 2006, 08:07:49 AM »
For those of us who live in the UK, it's a currymaker's paradise. While we're most used to the hotter curries-- and tend to associate 'curry' with 'hot and spicy'-- the second largest demographic in the UK, after caucasian, is asian, and curry stores are very common; we also have a large number of different shops that are dedicated entirely to asian foods.

An example of how easy it is to find things here is that I found Ghee at my local general store. Lucky me, ne?