Author Topic: Eclipse or Twinturbo..  (Read 11643 times)

Offline Seifer

• Budding Addict
  • Nissan 300zx..
Re:Eclipse or Twinturbo..
« Reply #15 on: July 03, 2004, 01:20:43 PM »
Hm.. nice..

Nissan 300zx Twinturbo

Bleh cept itss automatic ohs

but heres another one

Nissan 300zx Twinturbo #2
« Last Edit: July 03, 2004, 01:26:41 PM by Seifer »

Offline Judau

• Still here...
  • Seriously Addicted
  • WOT
    • https://www.facebook.com/peter.sohl
« Reply #16 on: July 03, 2004, 02:02:38 PM »
Yeah, that second one is nice... did you see the extra pics at http://foell.org/silver_z/ ? Nice indeed... Its in Utah though, are you far from there?

Offline Seifer

• Budding Addict
  • Nissan 300zx..
« Reply #17 on: July 03, 2004, 11:12:20 PM »
nah.. which sucks ;-/

Offline Judau

• Still here...
  • Seriously Addicted
  • WOT
« Reply #18 on: July 04, 2004, 06:37:13 AM »
nah.. which sucks ;-/

Well, search AutoTrader with your own zip code and see what you get... that was to some Phoenix zip code. You can also say you will look within 300 miles, 200 miles, 100 miles, 50 miles, etc... I would always do 200 because I wouldn't mind going say.... 150 miles for a car that look perfect. Ya know? That should get you stuff closer to home.

Offline Judau

• Still here...
  • Seriously Addicted
  • WOT
« Reply #19 on: July 12, 2004, 07:25:11 PM »
Well, I got my car on Saturday... a black '97 Mitsubishi Eclipse RS. Its fantastic, very fun to drive, the handling is great... I am going to have a lot of fun with it. I cleaned it all day Saturday (in and out) and replaced the CD player on Sunday with a new Pioneer one... ^_^ I'll be getting it registered tomorrow, I cannot wait to just be able to drive it around finally... I figured I would just reply here rather than start a new thread... so to anyone thinking about getting a 2nd gen Eclipse, go for it. Its a great buy, well worth it if it's in good shape. Even the RS is great, suprisingly... although I do have an Injen cool air intake, 5zigen exhaust, and a Blitz body kit on it... making it look, sound, and perform a little nicer than a stock RS. Anywho, I'll post pictures in a new thread in the Members forum when I get them if anyone cares. ^_^

Offline Seifer

• Budding Addict
  • Nissan 300zx..
« Reply #20 on: July 12, 2004, 11:04:34 PM »
Nice, ne wayz Im told not to just get an Eclipse.. If i get an Eclipse get a GSX or RS.. so yea

Offline Judau

• Still here...
  • Seriously Addicted
  • WOT
« Reply #21 on: July 13, 2004, 03:17:30 AM »
Nice, ne wayz Im told not to just get an Eclipse.. If i get an Eclipse get a GSX or RS.. so yea

O_o

Why not a GS or GS-T? O_o I can kind of understand not getting a GS-T, because then you are getting the turbo, but no limited slip differential or AWD added in that you get with the GSX... but there is nothing wrong with the GS, its the same as the RS but it looks a little nicer... and it has power windows and locks (which I might install on mine at some point).

Offline HAPPYGOLUCKY

• Budding Addict
  • Modinators make Jesus cry.
    • PEPE'S LAND
« Reply #22 on: July 13, 2004, 06:39:39 AM »
"My Maserati does 185
I lost my liscense and now I don't drive
I have a limo, I ride in the back
I lock the doors in case I'm attacked"

Hope that helps.
OHHH, The Drama!

Offline Judau

• Still here...
  • Seriously Addicted
  • WOT
« Reply #23 on: July 13, 2004, 06:40:44 PM »
Your help is always gladly accepted, Fonz... that's all I'll say for now. ;)

Offline Seifer

• Budding Addict
  • Nissan 300zx..
« Reply #24 on: July 28, 2004, 03:07:41 AM »
Well ive made a decision.. In a few weeks or maybe a month I will probably be getting a loan from my bank, then i will be buying this probably..

Nissan

Nissan#2

Edit: I might just get the 2nd one.. Considering its cheaper.. and its a 4 seater.. and not much of a HP difference.

Its pretty cheap.. and well im going to contact the dealer soon. But thats the car ill probably be buying.. Ive given it some time and well.. The eclipse.. to many of em In my opinion, I like to be a bit different. And i plan to have this car for quite ahwhile, and considering once i graduate(in 2 years) ill probably be moving back to Glenview, Illinois.. where there r just to many eclipses then here in arizona. Its automatic, but ill deal with it.. the Horsepower is still 280 so thats good.. and im not planning to really sup it up, once i got the loan paid off pretty well and i got my insurance going pretty well ill just get a paint job/new interior.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2004, 03:22:23 AM by Seifer »

Offline Judau

• Still here...
  • Seriously Addicted
  • WOT
« Reply #25 on: July 28, 2004, 07:00:35 AM »
Yeah, get the second one... its cheaper for about the same milage, its black, and its manual (BIG plus in my opinion <<). Go for it. ^_^ Better hope no one else buys it, though... if you can't get a loan for another month or so, you might just end up saying goodbye. But a few weeks... maybe. You should call the guy and talk to him about it, maybe give him a $500 deposit (so he KNOWS you will buy it) and a time limit  before he can sell it to someone else. Might be a good idea.

And on a side note, I ordered 17" wheels for my Eclipse, should be here at the end of the week. ^^ I know what you mean about Eclipses too... but I just like Mitsubishi, and since I can't have a Lancer, might as well stick with the Eclipse. :)

Offline Seifer

• Budding Addict
  • Nissan 300zx..
« Reply #26 on: July 28, 2004, 08:40:21 AM »
Yeah, get the second one... its cheaper for about the same milage, its black, and its manual (BIG plus in my opinion <<). Go for it. ^_^ Better hope no one else buys it, though... if you can't get a loan for another month or so, you might just end up saying goodbye. But a few weeks... maybe. You should call the guy and talk to him about it, maybe give him a $500 deposit (so he KNOWS you will buy it) and a time limit  before he can sell it to someone else. Might be a good idea.

And on a side note, I ordered 17" wheels for my Eclipse, should be here at the end of the week. ^^ I know what you mean about Eclipses too... but I just like Mitsubishi, and since I can't have a Lancer, might as well stick with the Eclipse. :)

Its pretty much cheaper because its a 1991 Nissan 300zx 2+2.. and the 2+2 means its basically 4 seater.. regular 300zx's arent 4 seaters. So thats good i do need seats, cause i prob will be driving people around. There are no twinturbos.. thats another reason why it's cheaper.. But 222 horsepower is decent.. and my insurance will be way less because I dont own a car that has turbos then :P

Offline Transcending Kanzaki

• Urumi Kanzaki's Monkey
  • Budding Addict
  • Urumi Kanzaki is the greatest! ^.^
    • Beyond the pixrs
« Reply #27 on: July 28, 2004, 09:04:49 AM »

Have you thought about looking at 3000GTs or 3000GT VR-4s? They look more like a Ferrari than anything, but they are around the same price range as Eclipses... for a '93-'94 one anyway... I like Mitsubishi if you have not noticed. :P

Mitsubishi 3000gt's break down easily.  Especially the automatic versions.  Their transmissions like to take the pisser.  Well I know the earlier versions do, but I don't know about the latest models.  

Personally I would opt for a mk 4 toyota supra.  If you area has cheaper insurance rates I would go for the twin turbo supra...if you could afford it.  Apparantly I am getting a 300ZX non turbo which is manual.  I am fine and dandy with it not being turbo because insurance in NJ is a killer and turbo sucks up more gas than a NA.  But then again, we are going to be replacing the engine with the new corvette V8 engine in it.  Fuel efficient AND 500, or so, horses.  Lovely with a slick bodykit and really nice paint job.  It has been painted a pearl white.  If you look at it at a different angle it looks purple.

Offline Judau

• Still here...
  • Seriously Addicted
  • WOT
« Reply #28 on: July 28, 2004, 10:40:23 AM »
Nice, Ted, sounds awesome. ^_^ And true, insurance would be more with the turbos, that's one of the reasons why my parents did not want me getting a turbo... :-\ Although, since I don't have one, my car has only somewhere around 140hp... so I might do something with the engine later, maybe not a turbo, but something to boost up the power a little. ^^;;

But, at the very least, it gets me where I need to go. ^_^

Offline Seifer

• Budding Addict
  • Nissan 300zx..
« Reply #29 on: July 28, 2004, 11:11:36 AM »
Nice, Ted, sounds awesome. ^_^ And true, insurance would be more with the turbos, that's one of the reasons why my parents did not want me getting a turbo... :-\ Although, since I don't have one, my car has only somewhere around 140hp... so I might do something with the engine later, maybe not a turbo, but something to boost up the power a little. ^^;;

But, at the very least, it gets me where I need to go. ^_^

Yea.. If i do get the car ill probably be driving out next year to illinois for a month.. Id rather not fly out because I wouldnt be able to get anywhere really without someone else driving me.. So yea..

anything