Author Topic: Eclipse or Twinturbo..  (Read 11660 times)

Offline Seifer

• Budding Addict
  • Nissan 300zx..
Eclipse or Twinturbo..
« on: July 01, 2004, 01:26:30 AM »
Well im currently deciding on what i want to try to save up for and buy.. Well i really need a car (currently i have a permit not license but no car at all except my parents shitty old Oldsmobile Cutlass which id rather not use) So.. Im either thinking of buying..

1) Nissan 300zx Twinturbo (Preferably 92'-95')

or a...

2) Mitsubishi Eclipse (Preferably 98 )

Theres a few things.. Im having a hard time finding either of those cars near me.. Or even in Arizona being sold.. It would be appreciated if you guys know anyone in Arizona willing to sell a Eclipse or a 300zx.. Or help me and just searching the internet with the time you have.. Im trying to but at the same time im working and just everything else happening in my life so thanks if anyone helps.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2004, 01:26:41 AM by Seifer »

Offline zeta

• Empress Of California
  • Addict
  • I'm alive!
Re:Eclipse or Twinturbo..
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2004, 10:16:50 AM »
'95 Mercury Cougar, they're spacious even with a couple hundred left wing books pamphlets and a picnic table in the trunk.
Hello!

Offline Judau

• Still here...
  • Seriously Addicted
  • WOT
    • https://www.facebook.com/peter.sohl
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2004, 08:55:28 PM »
Well, I honestly have not researched the 300zx too much, the only Nissan I would really ever want is a Skyline... which is out of the question. BUT... Eclipses on the other hand, I have been researching for over a year. I am actually in the process of buying one now, once the DMV in New Jersey finishes their shit, I'll have it... so like in a week and a half? Now, '98? Any reason why you can't also look for '97s and '99s? They are almost exactly the same. '95s and '96 are damn close, but they have a different front bumper... the engines and the rest of the bodies are all almost identicle. Are you looking for an RS, GS (nicer wheels), GS-T (turbo), or GSX (twin-turbo, AWD)? I'm getting just an RS... originally out of the question, but I got it for $5,200 with only 51k miles on it, and it already has a blitz body kit, cool air intake, and upgraded exahust... so the wheels get changed and it'll be nice... considering my parents did not even let me look at the turbos. -_-

So yeah, just making sure you checked AutoTrader.com... its easily the best place to search. I'll do a search for a random Phoenix zip (not sure where you live, but its pretty central, so I'll just see what I get...). Alright, within 200 miles of 85045, any cost, for all 2nd-generation Eclipses ('95-'99), I got 35 listings... that sure is a whole lot less than I would get being more descriptive... so you're right, there are not many out there, huh? ^^;; Well, the price to miles ratio seems about the same... its just too bad they seem to be rarer there than up here in New England... ^^;; Have you thought about looking at 3000GTs or 3000GT VR-4s? They look more like a Ferrari than anything, but they are around the same price range as Eclipses... for a '93-'94 one anyway... I like Mitsubishi if you have not noticed. :P

Eh, hope some of this helps, the more input the more I might be able to help out. ^^;; Oh, this is mine by the way:

My '97 Eclipse RS

Yummy. ^_^

Oh, and when in doubt, just check google. ^^ I just found this, but again, not sure on your price range, location, color choice, etc...

http://www.autotradezone.com/inventory.aspx?id=54353

Mmm... nice, though I don't personally like white.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2004, 09:30:35 PM by Judau »

Offline Haruka loves you

• Beyonce's Slave
  • Addict
  • I <3 you.
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2004, 09:57:09 PM »
I am so not into cars..all I know is I want a yellow ferrari.

Offline Seifer

• Budding Addict
  • Nissan 300zx..
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2004, 12:47:59 AM »
Heh thats a very good price for it, Id consider buying it.. but Im not going to start paying for a car yet til after I visit in Illinois <July 20th-27th> as of you im looking for a price range from 6k-12k..  The price he's asking for that car is very decent. Oh and yea.. what i was saying was the truth.. There are like no Mitsubishi Eclipses out here :P

97',98',99' will do, im looking to putting on the body kit if theres not one already on it.. and paying my uncle to do all the work so yea.

Edit: This is the Eclipse one of the guys at my other forum had, but he sold it because it was an automatic, and he bought a 1999 Prelude..

« Last Edit: July 02, 2004, 12:51:28 AM by Seifer »

Offline Judau

• Still here...
  • Seriously Addicted
  • WOT
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2004, 03:15:38 AM »
Nice... yeah, I'm planning on modding mine a little to make it look a little nicer... probably won't be modding the engine too much though, they are quick enough for me stock. And yeah, if you were here, that price range would get you a real nice one pretty fast... I'll see if I can look more a little later...

Oh, and yeah, selling because its an automatic is a good choice. ^^;; I still need to sell my broken automatic '89 Camaro. >_<
« Last Edit: July 02, 2004, 03:33:14 AM by Judau »

Uzumaki

« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2004, 01:08:00 PM »
Between the Nissan and the Mitsubishi, I'd got for the Eclipse. Although my opinion may be a little biased since I love the Eclipse. :)

Offline Judau

• Still here...
  • Seriously Addicted
  • WOT
« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2004, 09:24:47 PM »
This is why I like yanime members, they know what's up. ;) I need to wait another week and a half... ugh.... -_- I hate driving a white, automatic Caravan... so much. Not to mention it only has an FM/AM radio... *shiver*

Offline Ruri

• Meega na la Kweesta!
  • Addict
  • Gao~
« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2004, 09:46:27 PM »
This is why I like yanime members, they know what's up. ;) I need to wait another week and a half... ugh.... -_- I hate driving a white, automatic Caravan... so much. Not to mention it only has an FM/AM radio... *shiver*

Oh shush you :P Just be happy that you're getting the car you've been drooling over for so long ;)

Besides, like you said, "I like big butts and you cannot lie..." ;);)

Offline zeta

• Empress Of California
  • Addict
  • I'm alive!
« Reply #9 on: July 03, 2004, 05:37:49 AM »

I'd toss in a cd player and a pimp subwoofer, PARTY VAN!  ::)
Hello!

Offline Judau

• Still here...
  • Seriously Addicted
  • WOT
« Reply #10 on: July 03, 2004, 07:22:28 AM »

I'd toss in a cd player and a pimp subwoofer, PARTY VAN!  ::)

Heh, except its not mine, its my parent's... and I don't want to spend jack shit on that van, only gas. Besides, I never knew I would be driving it this long... I was supposed to get my Camaro fixed a LONG time ago, and it would not have been a problem.

Offline zeta

• Empress Of California
  • Addict
  • I'm alive!
« Reply #11 on: July 03, 2004, 08:44:20 AM »
I really just wanter to use pimp as an adjective...
Hello!

Offline Judau

• Still here...
  • Seriously Addicted
  • WOT
« Reply #12 on: July 03, 2004, 11:14:09 AM »
I really just wanter to use pimp as an adjective...

I figured something along those lines. :P

Oh, and there seems to be a fair amount of nice Nissan 300zx's at that same zip code... this is everything below $12,000:

Nissan 300zx Search

Offline zeta

• Empress Of California
  • Addict
  • I'm alive!
« Reply #13 on: July 03, 2004, 12:06:23 PM »
I don't see why people want cars as status symbols, I actually tend to avoid them as transportation.
Hello!

Offline Judau

• Still here...
  • Seriously Addicted
  • WOT
« Reply #14 on: July 03, 2004, 01:19:55 PM »
Well, I know in my area, its IMPOSSIBLE to avoid, everything is too spaced out. Public transportation does not exist. Plus, driving is fun... and owning your own car can be fun as well... but it still depends on the person.

anything