Author Topic: A V P  (Read 2469 times)

Offline HAPPYGOLUCKY

• Budding Addict
  • Modinators make Jesus cry.
    • PEPE'S LAND
A V P
« on: June 16, 2004, 06:28:01 PM »
So, I finally saw a trailer for the upcoming Alien vs Predator movie. It almost seemed like a lotta hype. In my youth I was quite the fan of both comic series. I think it was Dark Horse that originally did them. I liked (some) of the movies also. I dunno -I would like to see the AVP concept come to the big screen as much as the next big fan. I just hope it doesn't end up being one of those totally strained and artificial plots designed just to paste the characters together in an eye-candy type environment. You know - like a crappy fanfic. God, this movie could so rock if it is done just right. What do y'all think?
OHHH, The Drama!

Offline Beauty In A Bullet

• an illusion in time
  • Addict
  • You were the voice that made me cry..
    • - The Anix -
Re:A V P
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2004, 07:19:20 PM »
Well this is by the same people who did Freddy Vs Jason, and that was great.. I loved that movie (and i'm glad they are making a sequel.). As long as they do it right, I don't see why this couldn't be great.. Movie legends fighting each other are always great.. I do think this one will be more "scary" then Freddy Vs Jason (it wasn't really that scary.). I don't know which (this movie or the sequel.), but I heard they had casted wrestler Chris "Chris Jericho" Irwin.. I don't know if its true, but thats what I heard.

Offline metroid

• Slightly Buzzed
  • "Decay is inherent in all compounded things"
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2004, 07:29:21 PM »
I just watched the trailor here:
http://www.apple.com/trailers/fox/avp/internet_trailer/ (need quicktime..bleh)

I think it looks good.

EDIT:
here is another one
http://www.avp-movie.com/trailers/new_trailer/
« Last Edit: June 16, 2004, 07:36:32 PM by metroid »

I am working full time now and prolly wont be around much for the next 6 months.

Ominae7154

« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2004, 05:47:11 PM »
I was actually surprised by the trailer. It looks like the people behind the movie paid attention this time lol. It looks really good, which is a WHOLE lot better then I expected. I'll wait and see how it turns out.

Offline Judau

• Still here...
  • Seriously Addicted
  • WOT
    • https://www.facebook.com/peter.sohl
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2004, 04:05:30 PM »
I can't wait... I love Freddy vs Jason, Predator, and Alien... and this tie-in has been a long time coming. It shall at the very least be entertaining like Freddy vs Jason... ^_^

Uzumaki

« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2004, 11:33:49 PM »
Ok I just saw it and here is the spoiler free review of it. There are two kinds of people that are going to see this movie, 1) They're looking for a movie thats gunna kick the crap out of the Alien and Predator series and are going to be dissapointed and 2) People that are just looking for a very nice action flick using some VERY nice CGI work, and sproting the two coolest sci-fi villians of all time, and are just looking for a movie that's just plain fun to watch... these people will enjoy the flick very much. I myself fit into the second group, so I of course liked the movie cus I didn't go into it expecting it to be revolutionary, I expected it to be a cool action movie, and thats exactly what it was. As long as you don't make this up do be more then it is, then you'll enjoy it as well.

Offline HAPPYGOLUCKY

• Budding Addict
  • Modinators make Jesus cry.
    • PEPE'S LAND
« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2004, 12:47:55 PM »
The movie reminded me of the comic series. I think it was Dark Horse. I liked the movie, just from an entertainment standpoint. I think purists and trekie-type people will probably be disappointed.
OHHH, The Drama!

Offline DR.LOVE

• Slightly Buzzed
  • I wanna love ya baby o'sow bad!
« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2004, 02:54:58 PM »
I never did like Freddy vs. Jason, but this one ( i hope) mave have got it this time.  I think ur right about it being a Dark Horse Ill check back on that, but i haven't seen it yet but i do want too, I just hope thier aint no super women in this one that saves the day like in all the recent horror movies has been.  You would be correct in think that A. V P. is a comic of Dark Horse.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2004, 08:26:53 PM by Toshiro Mifune »

Offline Judau

• Still here...
  • Seriously Addicted
  • WOT
    • https://www.facebook.com/peter.sohl
« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2004, 08:17:04 PM »
I never did like Freddy vs. Jason, but this one ( i hope) mave have got it this time.  I think ur right about it being a Dark Horse Ill check back on that, but i haven't seen it yet but i do want too, I just hope thier aint no super women in this one that saves the damn like in all the recent horror movies has been.  You would be correct in think that A. V P. is a comic of Dark Horse.

I have heard nothing saying its better than Freddy vs Jason, so I doubt it is. Freddy vs Jason ruled. :P

Edit: And it was rated R! *gasp*
« Last Edit: August 19, 2004, 08:17:20 PM by Judau »

Offline Final Saiyyan

• Addict
  • barges can own
« Reply #9 on: August 19, 2004, 08:23:20 PM »
looks okay, might go see it.

-
To me, clowns aren't funny. In fact, they're kind of scary. I've wondered where this started and I think it goes back to the time I went to the circus, and a clown killed my dad. - Jack Handy

Offline Sandalphon

• Clean
  • Liminality--It says it all
Re: A V P
« Reply #10 on: September 09, 2004, 11:31:27 PM »

it sucked IMHO , nothing of interest really happens in terms of the whole saga
« Last Edit: September 10, 2004, 12:13:58 PM by Sandalphon »

"Go back inside. Tell your colleagues to do the possible, then the impossible, and then the unthinkable, until he's out of danger. Because when you're finished, Doctor, that room will contain either four living men or four corpses. Do you understand?"

" You once said a person defines themselves by what they are willing to die for. I will die for a belief and you will die because you have none."

anything