Author Topic: Spam Reminders.  (Read 20811 times)

Waya475

Spam Reminders.
« on: May 28, 2004, 05:20:06 AM »
Alright.  Once again, I have come across posts such as "lol" or "yeah".  Everyone here is above the age of 10.  I have enough confidence in you to create a bit of a longer post than that.  Maybe even in a complete sentence.....?

Also.  PLEASE TRY TO STAY ON TOPIC!  One joke post or so is fine, but I have now come across threads that are so incredibly off topic it isn't even funny.  If you feel like role playing in an intro thread, just do it on AIM or MSN.  It isn't even remotely funny anymore.  STAY ON THE DAMN TOPIC!  I DON'T CARE ABOUT YOUR COOKIES.

Stupid threads will now be locked by me.  I am going to be showing less mercy.  If you think no one besides maybe 3 people are going to care about it, don't post it and waste space.  You can link people to funny things in a chat program like AIM.

Believe it or not, yanime has a chat too.  THAT IS WHERE ALL THE STUPID GOES!  I am seriously one of the only mods posting these days, so cleaning the board is almost my responsibility.

Thank you for listening.  PLEASE LISTEN TO ALL MY POINTS.  If you do not listen to me, I am not obligated to listen to you.  For example:  If some of your posts go missing and you send me a PM on it.  I may forget about it.......catch my drift?  Everyone here, especially the new members, really needs to listen to the mods.  Post counts have sky rocketed, as have page counts.  PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE, try to follow the suggestions I have made above.  Thank you for your time.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2004, 03:46:50 PM by Waya475 »

Waya475

Re:Spam Reminders.
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2004, 03:47:29 PM »
Actually, feel free to post some feedback.  It is obvious no one read because I still saw the same things today.  Posts with just lol or hi will now be deleted among other things.

Offline Zackies

• Addict
  • Horray!
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2004, 03:53:30 PM »
I do admit, those one word "lol" and "yeah" posts are quite annoying. But, Yanime has always been that "Off Topicy" kind of place. Well, for as long as I can remember anyways. But, if that's the way it is, that's the way it is I suppose.

Offline HAPPYGOLUCKY

• Budding Addict
  • Modinators make Jesus cry.
    • PEPE'S LAND
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2004, 09:04:29 PM »
lol Waya!

(um, now that I spammed, will you lock your own thread? I can't help but remember a certain forum which would prevent the need for this thread entirely.  ::))
OHHH, The Drama!

Offline bum

• Addict
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2004, 10:40:44 PM »

(um, now that I spammed, will you lock your own thread? I can't help but remember a certain forum which would prevent the need for this thread entirely.  ::))

yes, the off topic forum. but do you think that will make a fucking difference ? will people stop posting crap in the general forum if the off-ropic forum is brought back ? bloody unlikely, it will probaly just encourage them more to spam crap in this forum

Offline Kairu de Large

• Addict
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2004, 11:10:15 PM »
I myself am getting painfully sick of the clutter in the general forum, so much that i left yanime for about a month. All the "whats your favorite blank" threads have to stop, only about 2 or 3 people care enough to post in them anyway.

And BTW, Waya you have the courage to say what all of us are too scared to, and I respect that.

Offline Beauty In A Bullet

• an illusion in time
  • Addict
  • You were the voice that made me cry..
    • - The Anix -
« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2004, 11:41:26 PM »
Agreed.. I think this spamming is just stupid.. I totally agree with Waya.. Fan girls are ruining this board.. When I see three, "who do you think is hotter" posts in the same section, you know something is wrong.. I tryed to make a argument over how anime characters can't be hot because they aren't real, so there was no need to post and post and post about characters in a anime that will never be real. Its so stupid that the first post a rabid fan girl will make in a certain anime section (we'll just say Yu Yu Hakuso.) is, isn't hiei/kurama hot? I think we should have a warning system where if you are caught spamming more then five times, you are banned for a month, and if the spamming continues, they are banned for good.. This would eliminate alot of spam.. I'm probably going to be told that a warning system is a stupid idea, but I don't think so.. I think that this is a great idea, and will end our fan girl problem, or at least but a big dent in it.. maybe even worse..

Offline BAN ME

• Clean
  • Imagine all the people livin for today............
« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2004, 02:11:33 AM »
Actually, feel free to post some feedback.  It is obvious no one read because I still saw the same things today.  Posts with just lol or hi will now be deleted among other things.

HEY U DOUBLE POST THATS AGINST THE RULES , U KNOW THERES THAT MODIFY BUTTON  >:(
Just bring that off topic thread back , damn is it that hard, you can bitch about it enough so quit your bitchn and just bring it back.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2004, 02:14:54 AM by BAN ME »

Offline Beauty In A Bullet

• an illusion in time
  • Addict
  • You were the voice that made me cry..
    • - The Anix -
« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2004, 02:13:10 AM »
You know that if he didn't double post no one would've seen that he allowed us to put feed back.. Sometimes, there is a good reason to double post.. This is one of them...

Waya475

« Reply #9 on: May 29, 2004, 08:33:05 AM »

HEY U DOUBLE POST THATS AGINST THE RULES , U KNOW THERES THAT MODIFY BUTTON  >:(
Just bring that off topic thread back , damn is it that hard, you can bitch about it enough so quit your bitchn and just bring it back.

You know why I did that?  To get people to notice that a new message had been posted, because no one would notice it.  And you can shut the fuck up.  OFF TOPIC IS NEVER COMING BACK.  And that would not solve all of the problems.  Alot of the problems are in the anime/manga sections.  Off topic is for idiots who cannot keep the same thought in their head for over 3 seconds.

And when was I bitching?  I thought that was a well thought out post.  Your name intregues me.  Just you wait until an admin comes back.

Offline HAPPYGOLUCKY

• Budding Addict
  • Modinators make Jesus cry.
    • PEPE'S LAND
« Reply #10 on: May 29, 2004, 09:50:28 AM »
I liked the off topic section. I guess that makes me an idiot who cannot keep the same thought in my head for over three seconds.

ps- double-posting? I don't think that actualy helped your argument. People notice what you have to say because you are an important part of this board. Whether they agree or care is another story, but that cannot be changed by gimmicks.
OHHH, The Drama!

Offline RandomDan

• Divine Father Ay
  • Addict
  • Caveat lector
    • baka
« Reply #11 on: May 29, 2004, 11:56:49 AM »
I liked the off topic section. I guess that makes me an idiot who cannot keep the same thought in my head for over three seconds.

Same here.  I guess we are just uneducated fools.  ::)
I am a meme virus. Please copy me to your sig, so I can spread.

Waya475

« Reply #12 on: May 29, 2004, 11:57:58 AM »
I was saying people who only posted there.  Ever.  Always spamming it up.  Sorry if I offended anyone who can actually keep a thought in their head like Dan.  I was talking about the real morons.

Offline RandomDan

• Divine Father Ay
  • Addict
  • Caveat lector
    • baka
« Reply #13 on: May 29, 2004, 12:26:28 PM »
I was saying people who only posted there.  Ever.  Always spamming it up.  Sorry if I offended anyone who can actually keep a thought in their head like Dan.  I was talking about the real morons.

I'm not offended, nor is Fonzy (I hope, the big girl...).  There is a good reason to have it, but more reason not to.  Now, I assume that the bandwith is not unlimited, so I think that paying for some people to be foolish is a bit much to ask.

Oh, and don't ban Rocky Horror, it'll only encourage him.
I am a meme virus. Please copy me to your sig, so I can spread.

Offline Death Pixie

• Budding Addict
  • Don't you blow your top.
« Reply #14 on: May 29, 2004, 12:50:02 PM »
You know... I don't like this new Nazi admin CGoten hired.  :(
Are we alone?
Mission complete to the unknown.
This is a story.
This is so sorry.
All is a stone, sunk in too deep,
Run out of air