Author Topic: Upcoming Model/MSIA Releases  (Read 45266 times)

Offline Judau

• Still here...
  • Seriously Addicted
  • WOT
    • https://www.facebook.com/peter.sohl
Re: Upcoming Model/MSIA Releases
« Reply #30 on: February 07, 2005, 09:59:18 PM »
Awesome, congrats. I don't have ANY Zaku MGs or GM MGs... haha. I need some, I made a list of the MGs I want... there are like 5 Zakus on it. <<

I don't know what kind of order you would want to go in... when I started, I hadn't even seen any Gundam besides Wing and 08th MS Team... yet my first 4 (all at Otakon 2002) were the RX-78-2 1.5, RX-78 NT-1 Alex, RX-79(G) Ez-8, and RX-78 GP-01... obviously going for all of the leading figures of each series (I did my homework pre-convention)... then I after I got most of the "main Gundams", I branched out... then after watching the series, I branched out even more to my favorites... and now more like just anything I like. Maybe try and make a hierarchy of the MS you like most... *shrug*

Here's my list for MGs (I made a full list of everything I want...)

Actually, I'll just put up the whole list, this is for Model/MSiA stuff... its long. @_@

Perfect Grade:

1/60 PG Strike Gundam - 14,000
1/60 PG RX-78-2 - 12,000
1/60 PG Zaku II (S or F) - 12,000

Master Grade:

1/100 MG Zaku II R (Shin Matsunaga/Johnny Ridden) - 2,800
1/100 MG Zaku II R (Black Trinity) - 3,000
1/100 MG Zaku II - 2,500
1/100 MG Zaku II F2 (Zeon and/or EFSF) - 3,000
1/100 MG Zaku I (Ramba Ral) - 2,500
1/100 MG GP-01fb - 3,000
1/100 MG Mk.II Titans - 2,800
1/100 MG GM Custom (0083) - 3,000
1/100 MG GM (0079) - 2,500
1/100 MG GM Ground - 3,000
1/100 MG FAZZ (original) - 6,000
1/100 MG Nu Gundam - 5,000
1/100 MG Re-GZ - 4,000
1/100 MG Guncannon - 3,000
1/100 MG Zeta Plus C1 - 3,000
1/100 MG Zeong - 6,000
1/100 MG RX-78-5 - 2,800
1/100 MG Char's Z'Gok
1/100 MG Rick-Dias - 3,500
1/100 MG Hi-Zack - 3,000
1/100 MG Freedom - 3,800
1/100 MG Ball Ver.Ka - 2,000

Gundam F91:

1/60 Gundam F91

Gundam SEED:

1/100 HG Aegis Gundam - 2,200
1/100 HG Buster Gundam - 2,000
1/100 HG Justice Gundam - 2,200
1/100 HG Blitz Gundam - 2,000
1/100 HG Duel Gundam - ???
1/100 HG Gundam Astray Red Frame - 2,000
1/100 HG Gundam Astray Blue Frame - ???
1/144 HG Meteor Unit + Freedom - 8,000
1/100 HG Providence Gundam - 2,500

Gundam SEED Destiny:

1/100 HG Chaos Gundam - 2,300

High Grade Universal Century:

1/144 HG Zaku III Production Type - 1,500
1/144 HG Zaku III Mashmer Custom - 1,500
1/144 HG Gyan - 800
1/144 HG Bawoo (red) - 1,200
1/144 HG V Operation Set - 2,600
1/144 HG Dom Tropen (Sand Brown) - 1,600
1/144 HG GP-03D Dendrobium - 28,000
1/144 HG The-O - 2,400
1/144 HG Z'Gok E - 1,200
1/144 HG Zeta Gundam - 1,600
1/144 HG Guncannon Production Type - 1,000
1/144 HG Gelgoog J - 1,200
1/144 HG Psycho Gundam - 5,000
1/144 HG GM Command Space Type - 800
1/144 HG Marasai - 1,400
1/144 HG Mk.II - ???

Gundam Wing:

1/100 HG Tallgeese III - 2,500
1/100 HG Nataku - 1,800
1/100 HG Heavy Arms Custom - 2,000
1/100 HG Sandrock Custom - 2,000
1/144 Tallgeese - 600

Haro Cap:

Zeta Gundam Edition (1 box, 6 pieces)

Gundam X:

1/100 HG Airmaster Burst - 1,500
1/100 HG Leopard D - 1,500
1/100 HG Double X - 1,800

Victory Gundam:

1/100 V2 Gundam - 1,500
1/100 V-Dash Gundam - 1,800

Turn 'A' Gundam:

1/100 Turn 'A' Gundam - ????
1/100 Mobile Sumo (Gold) - ????

HCM Pro:

Mk.II Titans - 1,500
Mk.II AEUG - 1,500?
RicK-Dias Red - 1,600
Hyakushiki - ????
RX-78-2 - 1,500

Zeonography:

3001a (Johnny Ridden's Zaku II) - 3,680
3005b (Zaku II F2 Green) - 3,680

FIX Figuration:

0012 (Gundam Mk.II Titans) - 3,680
0016b (Cross Bone Gundam X-2) - 3,680
0019 (Super Gundam + FAMk.II) - 4,500
0021b (Gundam F91 + F90-II) - 3,980
0022 (ZZ Gundam + FAZZ) - 3,680
0023 (Hyakushiki/Kai/FAKai) - 4,500
0024 (Zeta Gundam) - 4,500

Oh my friggin' God, that's gonna take me forever. Besides the fact that Bandai releases more all the time. >_<
« Last Edit: February 07, 2005, 10:01:20 PM by Judau »

Offline Kairu de Large

« Reply #31 on: February 07, 2005, 10:13:10 PM »
hehe, wow, and whats sad is thats less than a quarter of my list...>_> I guess I'm going to start with leading Gundams of each series in the order I like most, which would be the Zeta Gundam. Despite that I hear the MG Zeta has weak joints due to the transformation feature, it doesn't stop me, I just love that suit too much. ^^; I also have my eye on the MG Freedom *drools*, it looks so nice especially with that stand it comes with to make mid-air poses.

I think it's possible to get all that stuff, just stop feeding and clothing yourself and you'll be fine. Just focus all of your income on Gundam  :P

Offline Judau

• Still here...
  • Seriously Addicted
  • WOT
« Reply #32 on: February 07, 2005, 10:46:25 PM »
Haha, if I focus anymore of my income on Gundam, I think Laura and my parents will kill me.

And yeah, my list could be longer, but those are the ones I want a lot. << Kind of like a list to have when going to a convention, so I don't buy stuff on a whim that I don't really want as much. ^^;; Besides, I do have a lot already.

And yeah, the Zeta does have some weak joints, especially the wings because they are heavy... and the arms. but I somehow got it to hold the Hyper Mega Launcher... Also, the shield always has a tendancy to flip around. >_< But in my opinion, its kit everyone needs. As MGs go... I have the Zeta, Super Gundam, Hyakushiki, and ZZ right next to each other. Oh, and they are all sandwiched between the Mk.II PG and Zeta PG. Talk about a good combo. :)
« Last Edit: February 07, 2005, 10:47:02 PM by Judau »

Offline Kairu de Large

« Reply #33 on: February 08, 2005, 12:10:59 AM »
I've seen a picture of that display before I think, it looked really nice. One day I hope to have a display for every series, for now all I have is my 1/100 God Gundam and 1/100 Aile Strike Gundam posed on my computer desk(along with Cloud, Sephiroth, and those Asuka and Rei garage kit figures). For some reason I normally don't like to pose 1/144 kits, they strike me more as statues(especially since when posed there are too many visable polycaps and such) so I have them in standing positions. But I think next I'll get the Zeta Gundam, Ez8, MK II A.E.U.G, Dom, and the RX-78-2 Ver OYW when it comes out.

And I found the yen prices for the ones you didn't know, these are the prices HLJ lists so if they aren't official then forgive me:
1/100 HG Duel Gundam - 2,200
1/100 HG Gundam Astray Blue Frame - 2,500
1/144 HG Mk.II - 1,000
1/100 Turn 'A' Gundam - didn't have these
1/100 Mobile Sumo (Gold) - didn't have these
Hyakushiki - 1,710 
« Last Edit: February 08, 2005, 06:14:27 PM by Kairu de Large »

Offline Zellgadus

• needs anger management
  • Slightly Buzzed
  • Look me up at #White_base and #Zg-fansubs at Rizon
« Reply #34 on: February 08, 2005, 10:15:55 AM »
I went to see all those kits but a lot of them weren't on HLJ. I was wondering were I could get them for a fair price. As you might not know I am a Gundam fan I don't do these kits just because I love model kits but also because I love the series and all. But I was wondering were I could get them for a fair price. I mean I ordered a couple of things from HLJ not too long ago but some people tell me that I'll have to pay some major Bucks at the customs is that true any links to some great gundam/macross kits to order?

~It is in the Human conciousness to fight. Therefore Life is like an endless waltz. The three beats of War, Peace and revolution will repeat endlessly in the Opera of Life~

Offline Kairu de Large

« Reply #35 on: February 08, 2005, 12:47:20 PM »
Well I know a lot of people who shop here http://www.gundamstoreandmore.com/gundam.html and have good things to say about, but I myself I have never purchased anything there. www.discountanimedvd.com also has a pretty good selection with decent prices. But if it were me, I'd just search ebay as you can find very good deals and they pretty much have everything.

Edit: Btw Pete, the first link I listed has the 1/100 Turn A and Mobile Sumo in stock.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2005, 06:16:15 PM by Kairu de Large »

Offline Judau

• Still here...
  • Seriously Addicted
  • WOT
« Reply #36 on: February 08, 2005, 09:31:48 PM »
Well I know a lot of people who shop here http://www.gundamstoreandmore.com/gundam.html and have good things to say about, but I myself I have never purchased anything there. www.discountanimedvd.com also has a pretty good selection with decent prices. But if it were me, I'd just search ebay as you can find very good deals and they pretty much have everything.

Edit: Btw Pete, the first link I listed has the 1/100 Turn A and Mobile Sumo in stock.

Yeah, I actually found that site just recently looking for those two kits, so I knew that. :) But thanks anyway.

And I use HLJ or http://matrixcollectibles.site.yahoo.com/

All of those models are on HLJ by the way, just search by "Category", use the pull down menu and there is a search for just Gundam items... just hit that and its all organized by series and types of kits/figures.

As for prices, Ebay is your best bet for super cheap items, although it could be unsafe... and they often get you on shipping. But in general, if you are shopping from sites online, you will NOT get prices like HLJ. Its dirt cheap since its direct from Japan (retail prices). The only reason it gets a little more expensive is the shipping costs. But if you buy say... 3-6 items, it will be about the same shipping you would pay normally from anywhere else. Get like 1 item, and you'll be paying about $15 for maybe a $18 kit... which is stupid.

At a hobby store near me, all Gundam kits are literally at LEAST twice as expensive as stores online. I have been wanting to ask them how they could sell a GP-01 MG for $75 for quite some time, but I never get around to it.

And prices at conventions are much like at Image Anime (the second site I listed)... so that's a good bet. Plus, the shipping is cheap and I get my orders in less than 2 days due to it being so close. HLJ is more like 7-10 days.

So anyway "bargain" prices on Gundam kits is impossible. Just look for the smallest bullet and bite it.

Offline Kairu de Large

« Reply #37 on: February 09, 2005, 01:44:12 PM »
I have that same problem with the hobby shop I go to, sometimes something as cheap as a HG 1/144 can be up to 40 dollars...eesh. On occasion I find something like a HGUC or Seed 1/144 at a great price, but thats rare. I've actually been meaning to talk to the guy about it, because honestly....he shouldn't be selling MG's for practically PG prices.. -_-; I'm gonna start going hobby shop hunting on the island, I'll have to find at least one decent one.

Ever since gundamshop.com closed I haven't had many alternatives for buying models, and these days the shipping on ebay is ridiculous(sometimes as high as $20 for just an MSIA). And it's not easy convincing my mom to buy from new online stores, at least she was familiar with Gundamshop and they had that Sale page which was really nice. I've been to Image Anime before and was contemplating on whether or not to shop there, but since you say it's good I'll give it a shot. And since it's located in NYC, the shipping speed is bound to be good considering I live an hour away from it. Maybe I'll buy the MK II, since it's pretty cheap and on my list.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2005, 02:28:00 PM by Kairu de Large »

Offline Judau

• Still here...
  • Seriously Addicted
  • WOT
« Reply #38 on: February 09, 2005, 09:43:21 PM »
Yeah, I have ordered a good 6 times from Image Anime and they have been fantastic. I don't know of any on LI, I think the closest place Laura knows of (to my  knowledge) is Elizabeth St. in the NYC Chinatown (which is awesome).... but not a hobby shop, just lots of anime stores with good prices. She's not too into it though, so I doubt she ever went actually looking for hobby stores. But that is just the Massapequa area...

Offline Kairu de Large

« Reply #39 on: February 09, 2005, 10:24:04 PM »
The hobby shop I go to is in bay shore, which is pretty far from my house but it's the only one i'm aware of. I think I remember you talking about the one in Chinatown, you bought the SD Kamile and Zeta Gundam there if my memory serves me correctly. I might be going into the city soon, perhaps I'll go searching for Gundam kits. But I'll definitely be buying an MG kit from Image Anime when I have the money.

I also found another site with decent prices but they vary from kit to kit(one good be an excellent price, and another could be over priced), and the shipping is pretty good. Ever heard of this one?

http://www.operationgundam.com/default.asp
« Last Edit: February 09, 2005, 10:30:39 PM by Kairu de Large »

Offline shinaku

• Slightly Buzzed
« Reply #40 on: February 10, 2005, 05:42:04 PM »
Yes, Image Anime is where I usually buy all my stuff from.  Gundam Store and More is a little cheaper sometimes, plus they usually have more of the old stuff.  I'm going to buy the F90 collection from them as soon as I finish putting together the other stuff I have now.  I still haven't finish the PG Strike yet...just been too lazy I guess.  I need to expand my display shelf but I ran out of wall space!  Looks like the other models will have to get a little cozy with each other.

Offline Zellgadus

• needs anger management
  • Slightly Buzzed
  • Look me up at #White_base and #Zg-fansubs at Rizon
« Reply #41 on: February 11, 2005, 07:13:55 AM »
Thanks a lot for all those links. I probably will get a perfect grade soon but I do not know wich one I should. Anyways do you guys know about CUSTOMS prices I mean you know the border thing. Some people have told me I'll have to pay a price when my package reaches the customs.... And really I don't know how much it will be...

~It is in the Human conciousness to fight. Therefore Life is like an endless waltz. The three beats of War, Peace and revolution will repeat endlessly in the Opera of Life~

Offline Judau

• Still here...
  • Seriously Addicted
  • WOT
« Reply #42 on: February 11, 2005, 07:47:51 AM »
The hobby shop I go to is in bay shore, which is pretty far from my house but it's the only one i'm aware of. I think I remember you talking about the one in Chinatown, you bought the SD Kamile and Zeta Gundam there if my memory serves me correctly. I might be going into the city soon, perhaps I'll go searching for Gundam kits. But I'll definitely be buying an MG kit from Image Anime when I have the money.

I also found another site with decent prices but they vary from kit to kit(one good be an excellent price, and another could be over priced), and the shipping is pretty good. Ever heard of this one?

http://www.operationgundam.com/default.asp

I don't remember the site, but chances are I have been there before... and I wish I had better directions on how to get to the anime place on Elizabeth St... but Chinatown is pretty confusing, and both times I had either Laura or Rufus to take me. ^^;; And yeah, I did get the Kamille/Zeta SD there... and the first time I went I got the Wing Ver.Ka.

Oh, here we go... http://members.aol.com/Lampbane/geekspeak/directory-nyc.html

Scroll down to "Elizabeth Street Mall". That's it. :)

Yes, Image Anime is where I usually buy all my stuff from.  Gundam Store and More is a little cheaper sometimes, plus they usually have more of the old stuff.  I'm going to buy the F90 collection from them as soon as I finish putting together the other stuff I have now.  I still haven't finish the PG Strike yet...just been too lazy I guess.  I need to expand my display shelf but I ran out of wall space!  Looks like the other models will have to get a little cozy with each other.

So how many do you have? Sounds like you have more than me, which would definitely be a first. I just completely ran out of space as well, I'm going to have to put the PG GP-01fb coming downstairs on top of the TV cabinet cause I have no room for it. ^^;;

Anyways do you guys know about CUSTOMS prices I mean you know the border thing. Some people have told me I'll have to pay a price when my package reaches the customs.... And really I don't know how much it will be...

With HLJ, that is included with the shipping.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2005, 07:57:45 AM by Judau »

Offline Kairu de Large

« Reply #43 on: February 11, 2005, 02:40:32 PM »
Thanks Peter, I'll try to convince my mom to go into china town.  :)
« Last Edit: February 11, 2005, 02:41:12 PM by Kairu de Large »

Offline shinaku

• Slightly Buzzed
« Reply #44 on: February 11, 2005, 03:41:09 PM »
How many models?  55 in total and more to come, after all GSD models have only just begun :P  I guess I can just post my collection here:

2 PG: Strike and Zero
10 MG: all of Seeds and Wings, Ez8, and the non hyper from G Gundam
3 1/60: V2, Stike, Strike Rouge, and Freedom
1/100:  all of seed (and destiny at the moment :P), most of wing and endless waltz, all of G, Nu (old version)
1/144: the endless watlz collection (my first models), and the METEOR from Seed

I'm sure I missed a few.  But I have to admit that I only started to paint my model within the past year so many of them are unpainted.  I'll go back to paint them eventually.  Like I said, I'm going to get the F91 and F90 Silhouette set soon, and maybe a few from Gundam X.  Then I'll have to work on my UC.  I only have 2 UC models.  I want the HI-NU if I can find it.  I wish bandai would make one though.  And I refuse to get any of the Turn-A.  I hate those things!

anything