Author Topic: Upcoming Model/MSIA Releases  (Read 45341 times)

Offline Kairu de Large

Re: Upcoming Model/MSIA Releases
« Reply #120 on: November 30, 2005, 11:37:10 AM »
Lol, Sorry I didn't say much, but like Judau said what could I say?  :P It's the most horrible kit I have ever seen, but I suppose I can still give a little writeup...
- Assembly: Some serious work is required to get this thing together, some parts were kind of warped and wouldn't fit togther. Alot of sanding and puttying was needed to fix it, also had a lot of flash that had to be cut off. It's assebled in a way where you can use glue but still have it move. It sort of used a primative form of the poly cap system but it doesn't work well at all. This of course brings you to....

-Articulation: Literally, almost none. The arms are supposed to move at the torso, they don't. The head was supposed to be able to move, it can't. The legs are really loose, he usually falls foward a bit because the upper body is so heavy. They are also completely straight and can't be posed to make them not be, it looks silly. It's essentially a crappy looking statue.

Other than that all that can be said is that painting was a pain,  and no matter what I really couldn't be satisfied with it. I wouldn't have sold it  though, it wouldn't have been worth it as the original one doesn't sell for much and this is something anyone can get if they wanted by just buying the magazine(it was only $8). If I had kept it in the box and then if I thought to sell it far in the future, maybe it would have been worth something but doing that is just not me. Besides, I also wanted this kit for myself, not because I like it really but just to have it. So yeah, that was basically my "It sucked" in many words review. ^^; I'll still take a pic to show you though.

And yes I would be very interested in seeing that, stuff like that amuses me, so I'll give you a pm.  :)

Offline Judau

• Still here...
  • Seriously Addicted
  • WOT
    • https://www.facebook.com/peter.sohl
« Reply #121 on: November 30, 2005, 04:24:17 PM »
Oh man, I cannot wait for a picture, Kyle. It sounds Godly.

Offline Zellgadus

• needs anger management
  • Slightly Buzzed
  • Look me up at #White_base and #Zg-fansubs at Rizon
« Reply #122 on: November 30, 2005, 06:35:08 PM »
That picture will be awesome. By the by any of you interested in what I said about Japan's modellers episodes about Gundam Kit building and painting? They show some nice tricks/tips/cheap ways to adjust a crappy kit into something amazing. Sometimes they don't even paint them. Just to show that you probably won't have to buy something to do what they do. Give me some feedback on this please.

~It is in the Human conciousness to fight. Therefore Life is like an endless waltz. The three beats of War, Peace and revolution will repeat endlessly in the Opera of Life~

Offline Judau

• Still here...
  • Seriously Addicted
  • WOT
« Reply #123 on: November 30, 2005, 07:47:45 PM »
Kyle already said he'd send you a PM. If you have MSN, I'll take 'em... my AIM never works right when it comes to transfering...

Offline Kairu de Large

« Reply #124 on: November 30, 2005, 08:06:34 PM »
Oh man, I cannot wait for a picture, Kyle. It sounds Godly.

Oh it will be more amazing than anything you can possibly imagine Pete, brace yourselves guys, as I'll have it up by tomorrow.

And yeah, I sent you a PM just now, I didn't have a chance to send one before.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2005, 08:08:10 PM by Kairu de Large »

Offline shinaku

• Slightly Buzzed
« Reply #125 on: January 13, 2006, 06:16:43 PM »
Well I just got my Strike Freedom Lighting today.  I just flipped through the manual, and damn the inside wiring of this thing looks like it's going to be a pain.  So many wires, metal plates, and bulbs.  It's bad enough that I usually semi-put parts together, take them apart, paint them, and finally put them together; now I'll have to mess with the wires too.  But looking at the pictures of the finished results, this thing is going to be cool.  I think the lights turn on when you plug in the stand (that's where the batteries are), but I don't see an on/off switch.  I hope I don't have to keep taking out the batteries (3 AA/AAA...I can't tell from the pics).  Anyway, since I don't have the time to really do it, hopefully I can get it done in a month :(

Offline Judau

• Still here...
  • Seriously Addicted
  • WOT
« Reply #126 on: January 25, 2006, 01:32:21 PM »
Alright, I've been in a Gundam mood lately, so I've been keeping up on a lot of the releases recently... I've gotta say, I cannot wait to get the 2.0 versions of the Mk.II and Zeta, they both look awesome... and just seeing the new Zeta on a stand much like the one that comes with the Strike MG... wow, totally badass. Not sure where I will put it, but it looks awesome.

Also, a bunch of new HCM Pros have been released, including again... finally, the Zeta Gundam (which transforms, of course).

While it was released a while ago, did I ever mention how cool the MG Acguy looked? Probably my favorite amphibious suit besides the Z'Gok, it looks totally awesome... although it seems pricey since it's smaller than most other MGs that price.

And since I have been watching G and Wing again lately... I do have to say I wish they wouldstart to broaden the MG scope again... Even for those who hated G Gundam, I think everyone would have to agree that the G MGs were a nice treat and they even helped push newer kits like the 2.0 Zeta kits... I would like more of those. Also, maybe the rest of the Wing Ver.Kas (or even the Endless Waltz crew) would be awesome. Maybe the Turn A and Mobile Sumo... maybe even cross more into non-animated Gundam besides Sentinel and do an MG Crossbone. I just think it's time for some more wide ranged MGs, since they have done so many great UC suits (and by all means, I would love to see more Zeta baddies)... oh, not to mention they are getting behind on SEED Destiny... I'd prefer not to buy the 1/100s and just stick to the MGs, but I am getting sick of waiting for the MGs that will obviously eventually come.

Offline Judau

• Still here...
  • Seriously Addicted
  • WOT
« Reply #127 on: March 15, 2006, 06:30:55 AM »
Ooooo.... the Zeonography of the Z'Gok and Char's Z'Gok are out... so incredibly nice. I think I'll need to get those at some point. Eventually.

Offline Kairu de Large

« Reply #128 on: March 18, 2006, 10:26:27 PM »
Ooooo.... the Zeonography of the Z'Gok and Char's Z'Gok are out... so incredibly nice. I think I'll need to get those at some point. Eventually.

Yeah and you can make them into an Agg.  :P I'll probably get them as well of other Gundam goods, I got a job now.

Btw, I finally got pics of my 80's RX-78:
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y14/Kairu_Deikun/3_18_20061_41AM_0003.jpg
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y14/Kairu_Deikun/3_18_20061_41AM_0002.jpg
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y14/Kairu_Deikun/3_18_20061_41AM_0004.jpg
« Last Edit: March 18, 2006, 10:27:02 PM by Kairu de Large »

Offline Judau

• Still here...
  • Seriously Addicted
  • WOT
« Reply #129 on: April 07, 2006, 12:09:15 AM »

Offline Kairu de Large

« Reply #130 on: April 07, 2006, 01:12:53 PM »
Yeah I agree, it has it's charm and it was an interesting challenge but I'll take a HG over it anyday. And I'm working at a Kay Bee, too bad they don't really make Gundam stuff here anymore....I'd use my employee discount.  :P

Offline Kairu de Large

« Reply #131 on: April 19, 2006, 07:48:56 PM »
"Gunpla rumors
According to Plamoya-san's Useless Diary, following are rumors of future Gunpla releases after June.
Below are considered somewhat reliable:
HGUC Zudah (from MS IGLOO)
HGUC Zaku I (color variation)
MG Gundam F91

These are rumors:
HGUC Nu Gundam
HGUC ZZ Gundam
MG Guntank

Again take this with grain of salt."

Could that get any better?  :o

Offline Dragoon

• One Winged Angel
  • Clean
  • Semper Fidelus
« Reply #132 on: April 22, 2006, 09:51:41 PM »
Screw all other models I've only spent money on strike freedom and wing zero custom

Offline Judau

• Still here...
  • Seriously Addicted
  • WOT
« Reply #133 on: April 28, 2006, 04:48:42 AM »
HGUC Zudah (from MS IGLOO)
MG Gundam F91
MG Guntank

Mmmmmm.... Yummy. Although, I still need the MG Guncannon too...

Screw all other models I've only spent money on strike freedom and wing zero custom

You sir, need panel lines.

Offline Kairu de Large

« Reply #134 on: April 29, 2006, 11:19:54 PM »
I still need the MG Everything....I still never built the MGs or PG I bought last fall.... ^^;;

And yeah you really do need panel lines..go to GundamStoreAndMore and pick up some gundam markers.  :P