Author Topic: Upcoming Model/MSIA Releases  (Read 45286 times)

Offline Kairu de Large

Re: Upcoming Model/MSIA Releases
« Reply #60 on: February 20, 2005, 04:35:46 PM »
heh, Now only Zellgadus has to buy a bunch of kits and that site will have made everyone happy.  :) The only Seed kits I have are the 1/100 Aile Strike Gundam and 1/144 Freedon Gundam, I have so much friggin work ahead of me... o_o But the 1/100 HG Seed kits are great, very detailed on their own and and excellent articulation. The 1/144 Seed kits on the other hand are...heh...nice looking statues if you paint them entirely.  :P But they are also only $4 so you can't really expect much more, thats practically first grade prices.

Oh and I finally finished MG Char's Zaku II, god was it ever nerve racking! o.O The pipes were the worst, especially on the head...you had to slide a metal spring over a rod of plastic then slide each individual little piece of plastic over it, then (without having any pieces fall off) push them in a tiny hole which was near impossible because you had no grip(the pieces kept moving). *sigh* Gave me such a migraine, but thank god it's over and done with. ._.

Aside from the agonizing build, the finished product looks nice...however I doubt I'm going to build another MG Zaku II kit for a long time after that experience. On the bright side I was happy to see that I'm getting better at dry transfers, and the painting of the tiny Char pilot figure and monoeye came out good too.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2005, 04:36:29 PM by Kairu de Large »

Offline Judau

• Still here...
  • Seriously Addicted
  • WOT
    • https://www.facebook.com/peter.sohl
« Reply #61 on: February 20, 2005, 10:26:55 PM »
Aside from the agonizing build, the finished product looks nice...however I doubt I'm going to build another MG Zaku II kit for a long time after that experience.

Well, I don't know... it might just be those old ones... My Sazabi and Gouf Custom both have those things and they contain no springs of any sort... they were not difficult. So chances are the newer Zaku IIs (like the F2s) are probably different.

Offline Kairu de Large

« Reply #62 on: February 20, 2005, 11:12:34 PM »
Yeah thats what I was thinking as well, it was only the second MG ever made after all. I was still pretty frustrated when I sent that message, because honestly it wasn't that horrible just annoying and I'm sure I'd be able to do it better a next time. But I think you are right, I remember a lot of people saying that the metal springs were too much detail(if that were possible) so maybe they scrapped it over time. But it's highly possible that other early Zaku II's like the Johnny Ridden and Shin Matsunaga customs have the metal springs, so when you get them let me know.

My only real dissapointment was that it had no internals to build(unless you count the head), but thats understandable since it was released almost 10 years ago.

Edit: heh, I just noticed my post count is 666 now, i r teh hardc0re!
« Last Edit: February 20, 2005, 11:16:50 PM by Kairu de Large »

Offline Zellgadus

• needs anger management
  • Slightly Buzzed
  • Look me up at #White_base and #Zg-fansubs at Rizon
« Reply #63 on: February 21, 2005, 08:11:33 AM »
That site is really great!!! Thanks a lot I'm sure to make an order once I get home. Since in school once I open the cart thingy it blocks the goddamn internet. Anyways. I just keep on wondering wich ones I should take aya !! Thanks anyways!

~It is in the Human conciousness to fight. Therefore Life is like an endless waltz. The three beats of War, Peace and revolution will repeat endlessly in the Opera of Life~

Offline Kairu de Large

« Reply #64 on: February 21, 2005, 11:03:34 AM »
No problem, always glad to help out the other Gundam forum members.  :) Hope you can buy some good kits.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2005, 11:04:05 AM by Kairu de Large »

Offline Zellgadus

• needs anger management
  • Slightly Buzzed
« Reply #65 on: February 21, 2005, 05:42:00 PM »
I was wondering if in that site the 1/60 Freedom model is any good. I mean it isn't an MG or PG but I wanted to know if the quality was any good.
Thanks!

~It is in the Human conciousness to fight. Therefore Life is like an endless waltz. The three beats of War, Peace and revolution will repeat endlessly in the Opera of Life~

Offline Judau

• Still here...
  • Seriously Addicted
  • WOT
« Reply #66 on: February 21, 2005, 09:30:10 PM »
I've heard the 1/60 SEED kits are pretty good... true they don't have the quality of an MG or PG, but the price reflects that. I assume the outside quality is plenty good, though. I would say give it a shot. I was going to get the 1/60 Strike w/Weapons System, but now that I'll have the PG, I have no reason to.

And the F91 Kai 1/100 was sold out and didn't say... so I did not get that. :( It was so cheap and badass too. ;_;

Offline Kairu de Large

« Reply #67 on: February 22, 2005, 12:58:10 AM »
And the F91 Kai 1/100 was sold out and didn't say... so I did not get that. :( It was so cheap and badass too. ;_;

Yeah that disappointed me as well, I was planning on getting that next time in the event that I did end up ordering from them a second time. It is true that is bad ass, and they don't have the fecking F91 either so that was going to be my alternative.... DAMMIT >.<.

But does that mean that you got your order already or just got that info from an e-mail or something of the sort? Because I didn't yet, I also still haven't gotten my gundam markers which is really starting to both frustrate and worry me.  :-\
« Last Edit: February 22, 2005, 12:58:30 AM by Kairu de Large »

Offline Judau

• Still here...
  • Seriously Addicted
  • WOT
« Reply #68 on: February 22, 2005, 03:32:05 AM »
It was just confirmation of shipping.

Offline shinaku

• Slightly Buzzed
« Reply #69 on: February 22, 2005, 12:59:09 PM »
Oh good...I don't feel as bad for not putting the Kai in the basket :P  But I also had an item sold out.  I didn't get the V2 Buster...so much for having all the gundams from that series.  I got the email confirmation yesterday so it should be here within a week.  Man I going to have back up building to do.  Oh and about the 1/60 Seed models.  I have them and they're quite good.  It's almost like an enhance 1/100.  The details are better and they have better articulations in the feet and hands.  I'm still holding on getting the 1/60 Impulse for fear that they might release another version like they did for Strike, eventhough it's unlikely since they would need to include three different torso.  But you never know...

Offline Judau

• Still here...
  • Seriously Addicted
  • WOT
« Reply #70 on: February 22, 2005, 07:11:42 PM »
I'm still holding on getting the 1/60 Impulse for fear that they might release another version like they did for Strike, eventhough it's unlikely since they would need to include three different torso.  But you never know...

Hey, look at the GP-01/GP-01fb... you never know.

Offline shinaku

• Slightly Buzzed
« Reply #71 on: February 24, 2005, 01:55:45 PM »
Hey I just got the stuff that I ordered!  Just in time too since I'm about to (finally) wrap up my PG Strike.  Though Chaos was next in line.  I didn't realize how different the older models were.  The ones from F90 is so simple.  And I've never seen one that had the torse like 80% complete already.  They shouldn't take more than 30 min to put together...but paiting will probably be a pain.  Oh the masking...*sigh*  And of all the models that I've done, I've never had more trouble than mixing the Seed blue color.  I don't know why.  I usually end up wasting a bit of paint.  I still have some left from the PG, but not enough to paint 4 models.  Looks like I'll be wasting a lot of cobalt blue.

Offline Kairu de Large

« Reply #72 on: February 24, 2005, 06:36:49 PM »
Mine came today too, they shipped pretty fast. Anyway I built The O and it's incredible for a HG! I swear that it's on par with MG kits(the ones on the simpler side anyway) and it's almost as tall, it took me quite a while to build as well. Plus there is really no need to paint anything at all other than small details(which you could even get away with over looking), even the mono-eye was pink plastic and it came with no decals. And since my whole family(minus me) is going to NJ for most of the weekend I'll probably build my MG kit and the others if I have enough free time.

heh, most kids would throw a party in that situation, but here I am spending my weekend alone building Gundam models...what a loser I am.. :P

Offline shinaku

• Slightly Buzzed
« Reply #73 on: February 24, 2005, 07:40:34 PM »
meh...once you're in college, parties are different.  Or you could just throw yourself a model building party and only invite yourself :P  Anyway, my F90 and V Gundam kits are no where near MG :(  They're hardly a match for the Seed HG.  I'm trying to decide that maybe I'll be too lazy to paint them.  I'll see.  But the V2 Assualt does look cool...even better when painted I'm sure.  I would to do these models pretty quick.  Things are getting backed up, plus I want to be able to build the new GSD models when they come out...OHHHhhhh so this is where all my money goes... :)

Offline Zellgadus

• needs anger management
  • Slightly Buzzed
« Reply #74 on: February 24, 2005, 08:44:56 PM »
I just finished Building painting my SD strike with all the weapons set and it's SOOO COOL"!!!

I made a few adjustments and well it's nicer than before.
The real problem with this model was the jet that delivers the guns and stuff. It was such a cheap ass thing. Anyways... It rocks..