Author Topic: Upcoming Model/MSIA Releases  (Read 45469 times)

Offline cccnnn

• tEh SlAvEdRiVeR
  • Addict
Re: Upcoming Model/MSIA Releases
« Reply #45 on: February 13, 2005, 07:25:18 PM »
TURN A PWNZ YOU !!!! VINTAGE GUNDAMS!!! MOUSTACHIO!!!

Offline Judau

• Still here...
  • Seriously Addicted
  • WOT
    • https://www.facebook.com/peter.sohl
« Reply #46 on: February 14, 2005, 09:18:48 PM »
How many models?  55 in total and more to come, after all GSD models have only just begun :P  I guess I can just post my collection here:

2 PG: Strike and Zero
10 MG: all of Seeds and Wings, Ez8, and the non hyper from G Gundam
3 1/60: V2, Stike, Strike Rouge, and Freedom
1/100:  all of seed (and destiny at the moment :P), most of wing and endless waltz, all of G, Nu (old version)
1/144: the endless watlz collection (my first models), and the METEOR from Seed

I'm sure I missed a few.  But I have to admit that I only started to paint my model within the past year so many of them are unpainted.  I'll go back to paint them eventually.  Like I said, I'm going to get the F91 and F90 Silhouette set soon, and maybe a few from Gundam X.  Then I'll have to work on my UC.  I only have 2 UC models.  I want the HI-NU if I can find it.  I wish bandai would make one though.  And I refuse to get any of the Turn-A.  I hate those things!

Ah, ok, nevermind. ^^;; I have a fair amount more, but you do have more than anyone I have met. You're talking about getting whole collections... do you really have that much cash laying around? O_o

Ah, and chalk another 4 down for my birthday, I have the GP-01fb PG, Strike PG, Turn A 1/100, and Mobile Sumo 1/100 on their way. :)

And have you not seen Turn A? I now do not understand when I heard so many people say how awful it was. It rules, its just not cliche Gundam.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2005, 09:19:29 PM by Judau »

Offline Kairu de Large

« Reply #47 on: February 14, 2005, 10:43:55 PM »
Crap, now I'm in 3rd place.. =| Ah well, all the more reason to start catching up. Last year I didn't do so well kits wise, I seemed to concentrate more on other Anime series for a while(got some really great figures out of it though, like the complete Hellsing set) but for '05 I'm off to a great start with Gundam kits and I hope the pace continues year round.

From what I saw of Turn A it seemed like such an excellent series, I liked how it stood out and wasn't too formulaic like some other series in the Gundam universe. And it's made by Tomino, that at least makes it worth a chance because the man is brilliant.

And here is some of my new wish list of kits that I really want, it's only MG and HGUC though because the whole thing is much too big. And Note, this is pretty much the order that I want them but it tends to change depending on my mood, also I've started watching ZZ Gundam via fan sub so it's liable to change due to that as well.

MG 1/100:
MSZ-006  Zeta Gundam
Gundam Ez-8
RX-178 Gundam MK II A.E.U.G
MS-09R Rick Dom
MS-07B-3 Gouf Custom
RX-93 Nu Gundam
ZZ Gundam
MSN-04 Sazabi
MSN-00100 Hyaku Shikki
Freedom Gundam
RGZ-91 Re-GZ
Ball Ver. Ka
Rick Dias(Red)
MS-14S Gelgoog Char Custom
Zeong
RX-79(G) Gundam Ground
MS-05 Zaku I Brack Trinity
RGM-79C GM Kai
Zaku II F2 Zeon Version
Wing Gundam Ver. Ka

HGUC 1/144:
RX-75 Guntank
YMS-15 Gyan
RX-178 Gundam MK II Titans
PMX-003 The O
MRX-009 Psycho Gundam
MSZ-006 Zeta Gundam
RMS-106 Hi-Zack
RMS-099 Rick Dias
RMS-108 Marasai
AMX-004 Quebeley
MS-14F Gelgoog Marine
MS-09F Dom Tropen
MS-14Fs Gelgoog Marine Cima Custom
MSM-07E Z'Gok E
MSM-03C Hygog
MS-09R-2 Rick Dom II
MS-14JG Gelgoog J
RGM-79D GM Cold District Type
RX-77D Guncannon Production Type
AMX-011S Zaku III Mashmer Custom
MSM-03 Gogg

Offline shinaku

• Slightly Buzzed
« Reply #48 on: February 15, 2005, 09:38:29 AM »
Judau: so how many do you have?  People I know are already giving me grief for buying a lot of models :P 

As for buying the F90, well I might get the entire collection, mostly the main ones.  But it's not that big of a set anyway, about 6 I think and they're not as expensive as the others.  They're about $15 each now. 

As for Turn-A, I'm watching it right now.  I'm around ep 15 or so, and not too thrilled about watching more.  It's an acquired taste I guess.  I mainly don't like the designs of the mech.  I don't like my Gundams round and with a mushtache!  My friend was making fun of it saying, [in bad french accent] "would you like zum french bread".  Plus so far, imo, the story just doesn't draw you in as other series.  But I'm watching, maybe my mind will change later.

oh I just read the other post, 80!?!?!  Yeah you'll probably always have more than me.  It took me years to get up to 55, so I don't I'll catch up anytime soon.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2005, 09:42:10 AM by shinaku »

Offline Judau

• Still here...
  • Seriously Addicted
  • WOT
« Reply #49 on: February 15, 2005, 08:43:23 PM »
Kyle, don't be stupid and get the Mk.II AEUG. :P Get the Super Gundam. Duh. ;)

Judau: so how many do you have?  People I know are already giving me grief for buying a lot of models :P 

As for buying the F90, well I might get the entire collection, mostly the main ones.  But it's not that big of a set anyway, about 6 I think and they're not as expensive as the others.  They're about $15 each now. 

As for Turn-A, I'm watching it right now.  I'm around ep 15 or so, and not too thrilled about watching more.  It's an acquired taste I guess.  I mainly don't like the designs of the mech.  I don't like my Gundams round and with a mushtache!  My friend was making fun of it saying, [in bad french accent] "would you like zum french bread".  Plus so far, imo, the story just doesn't draw you in as other series.  But I'm watching, maybe my mind will change later.

oh I just read the other post, 80!?!?!  Yeah you'll probably always have more than me.  It took me years to get up to 55, so I don't I'll catch up anytime soon.

I do have the F90II-L 1/100, it is a very nice kit, although F90 and F91 (as mentioned in the F91 movie) are quite a bit smaller, so they are right smack in between your basic 1/100 and 1/144. Although, Gundam Wing MS are smaller than UC as well... Zeta and CCA being the largest.

And yeah, after these 4 kits come in, I should be around 80. :) I've been buying kits for... 5 years I guess? Sometimes I would get tons in a short time, other times I would not get any for a while... I think my average number is about 5 or 6 per convention I go to as well, so that helps. ^^;;

When it comes to Turn A, I find it more interesting than other Gundam series (at least AU), as its a completely new base story... its more interesting that way. And I actually started liking the designs more and more, considering you figure after so many years since the other Gundam series, the designs have to change... they can't just look that close to being the same for that long... I guess you can call the Turn A more "refined", as its simpler than others.

Offline Kairu de Large

« Reply #50 on: February 15, 2005, 08:57:46 PM »
Kyle, don't be stupid and get the Mk.II AEUG. :P Get the Super Gundam. Duh. ;)

Shit, I didn't even think of that since I was using HLJ to refresh my memory on what MG kits they made and I didn't remember seeing it there. I'll get that instead then.  :P

Offline Zellgadus

• needs anger management
  • Slightly Buzzed
  • Look me up at #White_base and #Zg-fansubs at Rizon
« Reply #51 on: February 18, 2005, 07:17:01 AM »
Three days ago I received my package from HLJ and I'm so happy I have my gouf custom there just waiting to be started on!!

Since now I am rich (well I can buy models) I was wondering if you could tell me wich PF or MG I could buy. I know you,ve posted almost all the gundams here in this thread already but there are just too many and I just can't start to see them all. So if you have a good choice then tell me!

~It is in the Human conciousness to fight. Therefore Life is like an endless waltz. The three beats of War, Peace and revolution will repeat endlessly in the Opera of Life~

Offline shinaku

• Slightly Buzzed
« Reply #52 on: February 18, 2005, 03:48:26 PM »
Well I'm assuming by PF, you mean a perfect grade...PG.  If you're looking for MG or PG, the recent ones in the past year or so are nice.  It depends which series you like.  I'm a SEED man myself, so I would recommend from that series.  MG Freedom is really nice imo.  The PG Strike is good too.  I still need to put the arms on mine and seal it :P  My two choices for MG has to be Freedom and Wing Zero Custom...you might as well get the Wing Zero Ka while you're at it.  I'm currently looking for a good deal on the MG Zeta and ZZ.  I only have 2 PG (Strike and Zero) so I don't much beyond that.  So whatever it is, it's all about preference...just buy the ones you like.

Offline Kairu de Large

« Reply #53 on: February 18, 2005, 05:58:50 PM »
I really know nothing about MG and PG kits, but I have a site that may be of help. It's going out of business(i think) and everything is on clearence(even brand new kits that were just released) for up to 50% off, I took advantage and got the MG RX-79(G) Gundam($20), HGUC The O($16), and HGUC Rick Dias($8).

A few things were out of stock but they have a lot of good stuff still, anyway here's the link to the Gundam section:
http://www.hoaoutlet.com/contents/en-us/d913.html

Offline Judau

• Still here...
  • Seriously Addicted
  • WOT
« Reply #54 on: February 18, 2005, 09:39:01 PM »
Shiznits... time to go shopping! @_@

Ok, I was thinking of getting the Hi-zack MG, but its a little too much... the thing is with most of the MG sale, is that their normal price was overpriced, so now its normal. I can get it later for that price. But most of the others were 50% off, which was awesome. So I could not hold back, as I did just get a paycheck. << Just a few... although Laura and my parents might kill me anyway, this will be well worth it. Here's what I came out with... attempting to be conservative:

Bearga Girosu (F91) 1/100
Denanzon (F91) 1/100
Gundam F91 Kai (Silouette F91) 1/100
Mobile Flat (Turn A) 1/144
V2 Gundam (V) 1/100
V Gundam (V) 1/100
Neon green Gundam Marker
Akatuki Custom (Nadesico)

All for $70 (Shipping included)... all of them were $11 or less... :) Add 6 more Gundam kits to my list... plus my first Nadesico kit (and they are really tough to find too! Booyakasha!).

Oh, and I doubt they are going out of business.... maybe they just want to sell off their kits for some reason? Nothing is on sale besides some of the model kits... all of the Gundam and the few Initial D, at least. But I looked around and nothing else was. <<

Too bad the MG Zaku II F2 was sold out. :( $20....... ;_;
« Last Edit: February 18, 2005, 11:49:12 PM by Judau »

Offline Kairu de Large

« Reply #55 on: February 19, 2005, 11:44:41 AM »
hehe, wow what a great haul, glad I was able to help someone. I was also pretty upset about the Zaku II F2 being out of stock, not the mention the friggin MK II being out of stock(20 bucks dammit). But the RX-79(G) Gundam was quite a catch so I'm not complaining, and I'm also excited about The O and Rick Dias.....*_* I also would have liked the prototype Bawoo but it was out of stock(they had the green one though) and the Guntank(5 bucks for christ sake ;_;). I hope that those kits don't go anywhere because I'd like to save up again and buy a lot more since I wasn't that prepared money wise this time. But I finally hit the 20 mark in Gundam models so I'm slowly catching up which is good. I did also notice some kits still overpriced even when discounted, like the MG Ex-S Gundam for example which was $90 I think.

I don't know if I'll get any HGUC next time though, for most of them I'm holding out for the MG version and it'd be a waste to get the 1/144 version instead. I will probably stock up on some F91 kits and maybe I'll get the 1/100 Turn A Gundam because that was pretty damn cheap as well.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2005, 11:45:16 AM by Kairu de Large »

Offline shinaku

• Slightly Buzzed
« Reply #56 on: February 19, 2005, 11:52:14 AM »
Yup, that was a lot of money spent....$104.75.  Pretty much bought all the V Gundams and F90/91.  I hope my order went through ok, since I kept getting errors messages...I better not get a bill for $500!  Now I just need F91S models.  Too bad they didn't have any GSD kits...the 1/60 Impulse would have been nice.

DAMN IT!! I forgot the F91 Kai...I took it out of the cart and forgot to put it back in!!! It was only $12!! :(  I hope the price will stay the same for a while...it's not worth it to buy 1 kit and pay $8 for shipping...
« Last Edit: February 19, 2005, 12:11:16 PM by shinaku »

Offline Kairu de Large

« Reply #57 on: February 19, 2005, 06:29:26 PM »
Yeah I had that same problem of getting an error a few times when I sent the order, I hope I didn't get charged for those.. ._.

Anyway, time to serve the actual purpose of this sticky thead(not that I minded the discussion), upcoming kits news.  :)

From Gunota Headlines:
"Future Gunpla releases?
Following are the list of future gunpla kits circulating in the Japanese BBS.

April
1/100 Blaze ZAKU Phantom 2730 yen
1/100 Sword Impulse 2415 yen
1/144 Slash ZAKU Phantom 525 yen
1/144 Destiny (name not confirmed) 525 yen
1/144 HG Abyss 1575 yen
1/144 HGUC Gundam Mk-II + Flying Armor 2100 yen

May
1/100 Blast Impulse 2415 yen
1/100 Gunner ZAKU Warrior (normal type) 2415 yen
1/100 Gaia 2415 yen
1/144 Freedom II (name not confirmed) 525 yen
1/144 HG Blaze ZAKU Phantom 1890 yen
1/100 MG Guncannon ver Project Pegasus 3360yen
1/60 PG Aile Grasper 5250 yen

Future release
HGUC Hizack (EF color)
HGUC Hizack + Mega Bazooka Launcher

Edit: Just to make it explicit, this list should probably be taken with a grain of salt for the moment. "
« Last Edit: February 19, 2005, 06:32:26 PM by Kairu de Large »

Offline shinaku

• Slightly Buzzed
« Reply #58 on: February 19, 2005, 11:05:29 PM »
Yeah, saw that not too long ago.  It'll be a while until we get the full GSD set.  But at least this list more or less confirms that Kira will get an upgraded Freedom probably :)  And I can't wait to see the "Destiny" !!!

Offline Judau

• Still here...
  • Seriously Addicted
  • WOT
« Reply #59 on: February 20, 2005, 05:16:24 AM »
Nice, looks like we all made out pretty well.... and I was getting issues with the website too... but not after I put the credit card number in, so I am not worried. ^^;; And yeah, a lot of the MGs were still a little over... I got my Ex-S for like $75. That's cool about more Destiny kits coming out, although I'll get very few... I have not even gotten any SEED yet (besides the Strike MG and PG). << But I am planning... ;)