14 (43.8%)
Sony PSP
13 (40.6%)
both
3 (9.4%)
neither
2 (6.3%)

Total Members Voted: 27

Author Topic: So.. DS or PSP?  (Read 17930 times)

Offline Noose

• Budding Addict
  • : D
    • The Gutter
So.. DS or PSP?
« on: May 19, 2004, 11:59:48 PM »
In case no one knows, E3 was last week. Nintendo unveiled a new handheld, suprisingly not the new Gameboy, called the DS. Dual screens, which so-far, the bottom screen is being used mostly for maps, but could be used for a lot more in the future.
And Sony enters the handheld arena, with previously unveiled PSP. It's big..
DS:

PSP:

So far, I'm liking the DS more. The best thing the PSP has going for it is the new MGS game, which looks to part part Action, part card game...

EDIT: Sorry, the second pic is kind of big, but it's a good pic for showing the actual size of it.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2004, 12:05:35 AM by Beeverpaste »

Offline metroid

• Slightly Buzzed
  • "Decay is inherent in all compounded things"
Re:So.. DS or PSP?
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2004, 04:58:44 AM »
Just a quick thought before im late for my calculus class: the DS is way to freakin big but i saw an e3 vid and it can do some awesome stuff. dunno about the dual screens thing nintendo is doing im just going to wait and see how that turns out.

I am working full time now and prolly wont be around much for the next 6 months.

Offline Niros

• Slightly Buzzed
  • Willie the pimp
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2004, 10:02:13 PM »
have to wait to get my hands on them but so far I think the DS is better the PSP is just huge
NIROS the vampirc prison butt boy from the plantet zarg

Offline Seifer

• Budding Addict
  • Nissan 300zx..
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2004, 11:59:55 PM »
Psp is better, it will be the walkman of the century as they say.. Can play music, and will be able to play dvd's.

Edit: Oh and the disc's sony will be using for the psp are very small and will be able to hold up to 1.4gb of space.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2004, 12:01:06 AM by Seifer »

Offline Noose

• Budding Addict
  • : D
    • The Gutter
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2004, 12:14:09 AM »
Well, I think the hands in that pic are small. It doesn't loot too big, I guess.

Offline metroid

• Slightly Buzzed
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2004, 08:33:19 AM »
il just keep my gameboy i got back in '89  :P

I am working full time now and prolly wont be around much for the next 6 months.

Offline Transcending Kanzaki

• Urumi Kanzaki's Monkey
  • Budding Addict
  • Urumi Kanzaki is the greatest! ^.^
    • Beyond the pixrs
« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2004, 09:49:48 AM »
PSP.  

I think I might get it..one day.

Offline metroid

• Slightly Buzzed
« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2004, 10:20:24 AM »
I would like to know how much these are going to cost too. Im expecting the PSP to be quite a bit.

Offline Final Saiyyan

• Addict
  • barges can own
« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2004, 12:43:49 PM »
DS all the way.

'cause its nintendo , can play near gamecube quality games, and its nintendo , and you can carry it.

oh and its supposed to be released in fall , at a price of $150 which is more than fair.

check www.gamespot.com for E3's video demonstration of it which is unbelievable , (its touch screen)

(cant be bothered to give a direct link)
« Last Edit: May 21, 2004, 12:44:45 PM by Final Saiyyan »

-
To me, clowns aren't funny. In fact, they're kind of scary. I've wondered where this started and I think it goes back to the time I went to the circus, and a clown killed my dad. - Jack Handy

Offline clash

• Addict
  • You got beef?!
    • My Pulitzer Prize winning blog
« Reply #9 on: May 21, 2004, 02:16:29 PM »
DS all the way.

'cause its nintendo , can play near gamecube quality games, and its nintendo , and you can carry it.

not even close. the DS's graphics capabilities are so far under the Nintendo 64. PSP is pretty much PS2 quality, and in some aspects it even surpasses it. as for Metal Gear Acid being the only big game, that's also not true. right now there is a huge launch lineup for the PSP, with games like the aforementioned Metal Gear Acid, Gran Turismo 4, Ape Escape, and Hot Shots golf, just to name a few big name ones. Gran Turismo will definitely be the biggest game out of the launch. the graphics are as good as the PS2 versions, which is incredible for a handheld. GT4 will be the game most people will buy a PSP for. that said, you probably know which system i like over the other, however, that doesn't mean i don't like the DS, oh no. i will definitely buy both systems as they both will be awesome.

2PAC IS STILL ALIVE!!1124213132!!! FOTOGRAFIC PRUF!!LOL!2 http://www.xanga.com/home.aspx?user=FOOL_STREET_21

Offline Final Saiyyan

• Addict
  • barges can own
« Reply #10 on: May 21, 2004, 02:39:14 PM »
wha???

are you kidding ?, have you seen the trailer? , it does surpass the N64 at least it did a few hours ago when i watched it , c'mon , 'mario 64 x 4' has 64 graphics and it has multiplayer with 4 characters  on screen.

just look at the screenshots for metriod hunters thats at least N64 quality. plus the screen is real busy.

not that the psp's not good or anything theyre both great but i like nintendo games better.

ive seen the psp screen shots and yeah they are near ps2 graphics, but the screenshots for the DS are supposed to be demos according to E3 so ill wait till a magazine compares them both, but i really would hate to miss the zelda games on the DS better graphics or not..
« Last Edit: May 21, 2004, 03:30:39 PM by Final Saiyyan »

-
To me, clowns aren't funny. In fact, they're kind of scary. I've wondered where this started and I think it goes back to the time I went to the circus, and a clown killed my dad. - Jack Handy

Offline clash

• Addict
  • You got beef?!
    • My Pulitzer Prize winning blog
« Reply #11 on: May 22, 2004, 08:51:19 AM »

yeah, pretty much N64 quality, but slightly worse. though the graphics will improve by the systems launch, however, there is a huge gap between the N64 and Gamecube.

2PAC IS STILL ALIVE!!1124213132!!! FOTOGRAFIC PRUF!!LOL!2 http://www.xanga.com/home.aspx?user=FOOL_STREET_21

Offline Final Saiyyan

• Addict
  • barges can own
« Reply #12 on: May 22, 2004, 08:54:14 AM »
well metroid hunters looked better, it was wierd the lighting effects an all looked amazing, but the weapons and texture of the walls and scenery seemed to be neglected, like i said in another thread, i watched nintendos E3 talk for an hour and I feel a bit brainwashed, its a great feeling...

-

Offline Transcending Kanzaki

• Urumi Kanzaki's Monkey
  • Budding Addict
  • Urumi Kanzaki is the greatest! ^.^
    • Beyond the pixrs
« Reply #13 on: May 22, 2004, 10:57:36 AM »
GT on the PSP may be the only reason why I would get the PSP.

Offline Final Saiyyan

• Addict
  • barges can own
« Reply #14 on: May 22, 2004, 02:13:53 PM »
what about metal gear?

Does the PSP have the wireless multiplayer and internet play thing? (Wi-Fi), some nintendo guy said not only can you play multiplayer from a hundred feet but from across the world, i hang on to their every word now...
« Last Edit: May 22, 2004, 02:14:27 PM by Final Saiyyan »

-

anything