Author Topic: Post your Gundam Collection  (Read 37303 times)

Offline Kairu de Large

Re:Post your Gundam Collection
« Reply #30 on: August 10, 2004, 08:59:46 AM »
I've seen that Camile of ebay in the past, very cool. My mom is taking my sister shopping in the city for school, I think I'll tag along and make her take me to china town.

Well target has moved all Gundam products into clearence, so I thought I'd stock up on some while they are cheap. I got 1/144 Freedom Gundam, i thought it was a 1/100 kit since it's original price was 18 bucks(O_O for a HG??) and the slapped a Skill Level 4 sticker on it. But luckily I only payed 8, which is cheaper than I would have gotten had it been an import. I also got the Arch Enemy series RX-78-2(very nice) and for reasons I don't know I got the God Gundam with Fuunsaiki(which is pretty bad to say the least).

I also found a HGUC Guncannon for $13 in a Hobby shop and along with that I invested in Testors paints, I felt the Gundam markers just weren't doing their job anymore. I'm finally building the 1/144 Kampfer I bought months ago and it's my first attemp at completely painting a Gundam model. So far it looks great and I can't wait to see how it is when I'm finished.

Oh and before I forget I got the Buster Gundam MSIA, finally found one in a target further away from the one I frequent. I have a feeling it's the last new domestic MSIA I'll ever find.

Offline Judau

• Still here...
  • Seriously Addicted
  • WOT
    • https://www.facebook.com/peter.sohl
« Reply #31 on: August 10, 2004, 05:34:28 PM »
I also got the Arch Enemy series RX-78-2(very nice)

Awesome, I really want that... so beautiful. ^_^

and for reasons I don't know I got the God Gunam with Fuunsaiki(which is pretty bad to say the least).

Haha... god, I'll never buy that. ^^;;

Make sure you try to take some updated pictures once you finish the Kampfer 1/144, I cannot wait to see it. ^^

And yeah... domestic MSiAs... does it really matter if you find them or not? They are crap. Haha...

Offline Kairu de Large

« Reply #32 on: August 11, 2004, 08:30:32 PM »

hehe, that it is. I really like the transforming core fighter, but sadly using the core block is the only way to assmeble the body to the legs so it can't be displayed seperate from the Gundam.

The Kampfer is actually coming out alot better than I thought it would, I might have pics by the weekend.

Well domestic releases are convenient and much more common and cheaper(unfortunately in quality as well) on ebay. I can never afford imports, the shipping is too much usually. I'm pretty much done with the MSIA, I got a huge set on ebay and it had most of the ones I wanted. I'm moving back to models, I have a lot more free time now. I still can't afford 1/100 kits however, but I'm fine with HG's for now.

Offline Judau

• Still here...
  • Seriously Addicted
  • WOT
« Reply #33 on: August 11, 2004, 08:45:00 PM »

hehe, that it is. I really like the transforming core fighter, but sadly using the core block is the only way to assmeble the body to the legs so it can't be displayed seperate from the Gundam.

Yeah, it would have been a wise choice to throw in a non-transformable Core Fighter like the MG has... :-\ Oh well...

Well domestic releases are convenient and much more common and cheaper(unfortunately in quality as well) on ebay. I can never afford imports, the shipping is too much usually. I'm pretty much done with the MSIA, I got a huge set on ebay and it had most of the ones I wanted. I'm moving back to models, I have a lot more free time now. I still can't afford 1/100 kits however, but I'm fine with HG's for now.

Yeah, the domestic releases do suck... I almost got the SD Nuel Ziel today from Toys R Us for 6 bucks... I decided against it because I would trust the import to be better quality. Also, if you are looking to get kits on Ebay, you might as well get the imports... the prices are actually pretty decent on ebay. I got my ZZ Gundam MG for about $35 and my GP-02a MG for about $30 (those are WITH shipping). Pretty sweet...

Anyway, I am going to the Jersey shore tomorrow, so I might end up getting a few MSiAs for the hell of it while I am down there... not sure though.

Offline Kairu de Large

« Reply #34 on: August 14, 2004, 08:49:00 AM »
Yeah, you had to assemble the Core Fighter though, and it was an injection system(just like regular kits). It's really detailed tho, clear cockpit with a little Amuro inside.

I almost got the SD Neue Ziel a couple of times myself, but always would rather save my money for something else. Although my friend has it and it's not bad at all, pretty detailed. I don't care whether a model is imported or domestic really, if I see a nice one in a store near me I'll get it since it will be cheaper(no shipping) and so I don't have to wait for it to come in the mail. For now I'm still just buying HG's, maybe I'll stock up on a few 1/100's with my birthday money.

May I recomend the Rick Dias(black) and Hyakushiki with Mega Bazooka Launcher that were just released. The Dom ver. 2 doesn't look bad either.  ;)
« Last Edit: August 14, 2004, 08:51:59 AM by Kairu de Large »

Offline Judau

• Still here...
  • Seriously Addicted
  • WOT
« Reply #35 on: August 15, 2004, 09:35:31 PM »
May I recomend the Rick Dias(black) and Hyakushiki with Mega Bazooka Launcher that were just released. The Dom ver. 2 doesn't look bad either.  ;)

Yeah, I really want the black MG Rick Dias... and I just saw pics of the Hyakushiki with the Launcher a few weeks ago... I drooled for a while, maybe worth getting... even though I have the MG and SD. Have not seen the Dom ver.2 yet, though.

And here are the latest pics of my room, you can see the RX-78-4 MG, Aile Strike MG, GP-03D SD, Kampfer MG, Gelgoog MG, Z'Gok MG, Ex-S MG, Wing Ver.Ka MG, Mk.II PG, the Camille/Zeta Gundam figure, and other good stuff. ^_^

Offline Brain of GTO

• Butthole Eliminator
  • Slightly Buzzed
  • So Fast, So Numb
    • Page of Insignificant Stuff
« Reply #36 on: August 24, 2004, 01:03:23 PM »
 :o *bows to Judau*

Man, I wish I had some Gundam. I've seen all of Gundam Wing, including Endless Waltz. Plus I saw part one of the Mobile Suit Gundam trilogy. I should start a collection one of these days. Great pics of your room, Judau.
I spend half my life figuring what comes next

http://brainofgto.proboards46.com

Offline Judau

• Still here...
  • Seriously Addicted
  • WOT
« Reply #37 on: August 24, 2004, 06:55:48 PM »
Yeah, and that does not even include my other closet, that has two FULL shelves of Gundam. ^^;;

Offline Kairu de Large

« Reply #38 on: August 24, 2004, 09:47:58 PM »
Yes judau's collection is truly a sight to behold. ^^;; Speaking of which I remember you having pictures uploaded somewhere, do you still have them?

I finished the Kampfer which I'm really disapointed with, someone lost a shoulder piece during the construction and I'm just not very pleased with how it looks. The Guncannon is pretty good though, after I sand it down and give it another coat and panel lines I'll post pictures. I think I'll wait a while for Freedom, besides I need flat paint instead of enamel. Enamel is very glossy and looks good on UC suits because it gives it a more old school look but I'd prefer flat for Freedom.

Offline Judau

• Still here...
  • Seriously Addicted
  • WOT
« Reply #39 on: August 25, 2004, 03:24:38 AM »
Yes judau's collection is truly a sight to behold. ^^;; Speaking of which I remember you having pictures uploaded somewhere, do you still have them?

Well besides those, I have pictures of my Freshman and Sophmore dorms and some old pictures of my room that are outdated since I moved a bunch of things around and built a lot more kits. ^^;;

Offline Kairu de Large

« Reply #40 on: August 25, 2004, 04:05:03 PM »
Oh I see lol, well do those still exist on the internet somewhere?  :P

Offline Judau

• Still here...
  • Seriously Addicted
  • WOT
« Reply #41 on: August 26, 2004, 12:34:51 PM »

Offline Brain of GTO

• Butthole Eliminator
  • Slightly Buzzed
  • So Fast, So Numb
    • Page of Insignificant Stuff
« Reply #42 on: August 26, 2004, 01:10:13 PM »
Yep, you have a great collection overall and not just the Gundams. I want that Lain figure in front of your TV. GIVE IT TO ME NOW! Just kidding.
I spend half my life figuring what comes next

http://brainofgto.proboards46.com

Offline Kairu de Large

« Reply #43 on: August 26, 2004, 05:35:38 PM »
Those are the ones I remember, good stuff, Thanks. I might have pictures of my entire collection soon, mine is coming along pretty nicely.

Offline Judau

• Still here...
  • Seriously Addicted
  • WOT
« Reply #44 on: August 26, 2004, 06:50:02 PM »
Those are the ones I remember, good stuff, Thanks. I might have pictures of my entire collection soon, mine is coming along pretty nicely.

Nice, I can't wait to see more.

And yeah, I have ton of stuff... no, you cannot have my Lain. :P I need the one in her pjs too... ^_^ put that on the other side. And yeah, I have so much stuff that cannot even be fit in to the pictures. For instance basically only my Boba Fett, Jango Fett, and other bounty hunter type stuff could be shown from my Star Wars collection... I have over 40 original line firgures, over 200 newer figures, a ton of vehicles both new and old, and tons of micro machines, books, Action Fleet... damn, I have so many. I just wish I had more space. ^^;;

anything