Author Topic: Post your Gundam Collection  (Read 37240 times)

Offline Zellgadus

• needs anger management
  • Slightly Buzzed
  • Look me up at #White_base and #Zg-fansubs at Rizon
Re: Post your Gundam Collection
« Reply #90 on: April 12, 2005, 07:45:45 AM »
Yeah I saw that, freaking amazing, having all the gundams you own posing like that. Your room is so full! I mean it seems like you have gundams all over the place. (Wich is exactly why I like it)

~It is in the Human conciousness to fight. Therefore Life is like an endless waltz. The three beats of War, Peace and revolution will repeat endlessly in the Opera of Life~

Offline Kairu de Large

« Reply #91 on: April 12, 2005, 09:08:58 AM »
I saw em too, very nice, I always like seeing your collection but then I remember you're my rival and I have to spend more money.  :P

I found the Gundam movie trilogy on ebay and bought it today, came out to $32 with shipping included...not bad considering it costs $70 at Suncoast.  :) Now I just need that Zeta box set, it's like $70 cheaper on ebay so I will definitely get it there.

Offline Judau

• Still here...
  • Seriously Addicted
  • WOT
    • https://www.facebook.com/peter.sohl
« Reply #92 on: April 12, 2005, 09:43:41 AM »
Yeah I saw that, freaking amazing, having all the gundams you own posing like that. Your room is so full! I mean it seems like you have gundams all over the place. (Wich is exactly why I like it)

Heh, yeah, when I say my room is full and I don't know where I will put my next model kit, I am deadly serious. I have no clue... :-\ Especially if I get another PG sometime soon... my god, talk about having to rearrange. >_<

I saw em too, very nice, I always like seeing your collection but then I remember you're my rival and I have to spend more money.  :P

Haha, keep up that spirit and even if you never catch up, you'll have one hell of a room yourself. ^_^ And an empty wallet. :(

I found the Gundam movie trilogy on ebay and bought it today, came out to $32 with shipping included...not bad considering it costs $70 at Suncoast.  :) Now I just need that Zeta box set, it's like $70 cheaper on ebay so I will definitely get it there.

Yeah, that must have been the same person I got it from... sounds like about the same price. :)

Offline Kairu de Large

« Reply #93 on: April 13, 2005, 12:45:37 AM »
Pete, if you have any wall space you should get shelves that you attach to the wall on hinges, I bought some at home depot and they are great. And my room has come a long way these past 3 years or so, here's hoping in another 3 years it will be even better.  :) I'm sure I will catch up or at least come close to you, I have to keep in mind you're older than me as well. If I don't it's fine though, I'm sure my collection will please me and visitors no matter the size, but I don't plan on stopping anytime soon.

And I'm excited about the Trilogy, I have been dieing to see them for so long, and the deal was so good I can relax when I watch them.  :) I've aslo been meaning to re watch 0079 in general, but I'm too lazy to watch 43 episodes, so this condensed form is perfect.

Offline Judau

• Still here...
  • Seriously Addicted
  • WOT
« Reply #94 on: April 13, 2005, 09:06:03 AM »
Pete, if you have any wall space you should get shelves that you attach to the wall on hinges, I bought some at home depot and they are great. And my room has come a long way these past 3 years or so, here's hoping in another 3 years it will be even better.  :) I'm sure I will catch up or at least come close to you, I have to keep in mind you're older than me as well. If I don't it's fine though, I'm sure my collection will please me and visitors no matter the size, but I don't plan on stopping anytime soon.

Yeah, I don't have any wall space though... I've already taken down any posters I did not care for, and I like having those 4 spots for wallscrolls (which is the nice thing about wallscrolls, you can take one down, roll it up, and put a different one up if you want... I actually have 6)... so I really have no room for shelves... plus, I would want fairly large ones so I could fit MGs on it comfortibly... I might just have to start packing up my Wing 1/144s or something... they take up so much room. :-\

And I'm excited about the Trilogy, I have been dieing to see them for so long, and the deal was so good I can relax when I watch them.  :) I've aslo been meaning to re watch 0079 in general, but I'm too lazy to watch 43 episodes, so this condensed form is perfect.

Yeah, I found them a very good translation, and they really feel like movies... not too rushed either. Only minor things were taken out completely, like the Gyan for instance...

Offline Kairu de Large

« Reply #95 on: April 19, 2005, 08:12:31 AM »

Yeah, I found them a very good translation, and they really feel like movies... not too rushed either. Only minor things were taken out completely, like the Gyan for instance...

Well they came, and much to my dismay, they are a bootleg..-_- Oh well, I'll just keep them, but I really wanted to stick to my pledge to buy the movies in domestic form only..

Anyway I have almost finished watching the first movie, and I gotta say I'm very impressed..also this is the first time I have ever seen 0079 with decent subtitles. I was kind of annoyed about them changing the sounds at first, but I got over it and it grew on me. But still, how could they? Thats like changing the sounds a Tie Fighter makes or the sounds a lightsaber makes, if they ever did that with Star Wars Lucas would be dead by morning. Still, it's strange that the sounds are top notch and then the animation and visuals are the exact opposite,

Offline Judau

• Still here...
  • Seriously Addicted
  • WOT
« Reply #96 on: May 02, 2005, 07:26:11 PM »
Too bad they were bootleg... :-\

Anyway, I went to Anime Boston this past weekend, so I got a bunch of new Gundam stuff... I got the HGUC 1/144 Psycho Gundam ($50), the FIX Figuration Hyakushiki (it had 58 friggin tie-wraps holding the pieces in... it took forever to get them all out @_@)($44), HCM Pro Hyakushiki, Psycho Gundam/Four keychain, and Laura got me the PG Strike for $139! :)

Offline Kairu de Large

« Reply #97 on: May 12, 2005, 11:50:12 AM »
You lucky sob, congrats!  :P Tell me how the Psycho Gundam is, thats high on my list of kits to get. And thats a great deal on the PG Strike, but will you have room for it?! @_@

Well I have long since watched the movies, and they were simply amazing and I preferred them to the series. The pace was perfect, the series had a lot of things that didn't have much purpose and things just dragged on too much. I'm really excited for the Zeta movies now, the only upset to seeing the movies is now I want more OYW kits...ack this always happens. X_X

Offline Ruri

• Meega na la Kweesta!
  • Addict
  • Gao~
« Reply #98 on: May 13, 2005, 03:31:20 PM »
I wish you guys would stop complimenting Peter on his collection. ;_;  He keeps buying more and more, and though I do add to his collection, it's the only way I can get near him. -_-; lol

Sort of like a baby and candy. :P

But yes, get a girlfriend that'll buy you model kits!! ;) You'll surely catch up with Peter.  I yell at him all the time to save up his money. ^_^ (Though, it's not like he ever listens. -_-; )

Peter's coming to visit this Sunday(night)-Wednesday, maybe he can visit you at work or something!  (That's if you're working in SunCoast) <_<;

Offline Kairu de Large

« Reply #99 on: May 13, 2005, 07:49:34 PM »
Well I still want to say nice things, but I can tone it down too I suppose.  :P I do have a girlfriend but I wouldn't really want her to spend that kind of money on me, if I had a job and could buy her stuff too then I'd be more ok with it...but I don't so..^^; Suncoast never gave me a call back, so at this point I'd say I didn't get the job...which is a bummer considering there aren't many other jobs around here I could begin to tolerate. But who knows, maybe by some chance I'll see you guys there. =P

Offline Judau

• Still here...
  • Seriously Addicted
  • WOT
« Reply #100 on: May 26, 2005, 03:47:37 PM »
Heh, good luck finding a job. :)

And I have not built anything since before Anime Boston, so I'll just make sure to post how the kits are when I get around to them... and who knows when that will be, I start working tomorrow. ^^;;

And I agree, the movies were fantastic. And from the looks of the trailers for the first Zeta movie, it looks like they are reanimating everything, so it should be fucking awesome. I can't wait. ^____^

Offline Kairu de Large

« Reply #101 on: May 26, 2005, 08:02:05 PM »
Thanks, I haven't found any yet though...^^

Good luck with your kits, especially(!) the PG Strike.  :) I actually just finished 2 kits, the 1/100 Force Impulse and my 1/144 Heavyarms Custom that I finally got around to painting(had it since christmas).

Offline Judau

• Still here...
  • Seriously Addicted
  • WOT
« Reply #102 on: May 26, 2005, 09:06:14 PM »
Good luck with your kits, especially(!) the PG Strike.  :) I actually just finished 2 kits, the 1/100 Force Impulse and my 1/144 Heavyarms Custom that I finally got around to painting(had it since christmas).

Yeah, that might take a while. ^^;; And I still need to get the 1/100 Heavyarms Custom... I have been wanting that and the 1/100 Gundam Natuku since I first started looking at kits years ago... I should just give up the $30-$35 next time I see them... even if it is over priced. Damn Endless Waltz kits, they are NOT worth that much. -_- I don't see them having MG quality.

Offline shinaku

• Slightly Buzzed
« Reply #103 on: June 09, 2005, 04:35:02 PM »
I figure I might as well post my GSD collection so far since I already uploaded the pics.テつ  So here they are (not the greatest picture taking skills but whatever):

Chaos Gundam
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y141/shinaku/DSC00525.jpg

Blaze Zaku Phantom
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y141/shinaku/DSC00524.jpg

Gunner Zaku Warrior, Lunamaria
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y141/shinaku/DSC00528.jpg

I have the Force Impulse, but I messed up on some spot and it really shows so I won't show that one.テつ  I'm building the Sword Impusle now and that should be easy to paint.テつ  And please do not point out the flaws of each model, I already know them, but I just don't feel like fixing them.

Offline Kairu de Large

« Reply #104 on: June 10, 2005, 08:40:40 AM »
They look fine to me, infact I enjoyed them quite a bit and they look really good. You're still much better than me and a lot of others I've seen, I look foward to seeing more of your work.テつ :) (Damn that Blaze Zaku Phantom is spiffy *_* *needs one...*)

While we are on the subject, here is the Heayyarms custom I mentioned a few times:
http://l445.myspace.com/00120/54/44/120784445_l.jpg
Forgive the crappy picture(camera phone) and crappy model itself.テつ :P Sadly enough this is the best I ever did...>>

What kind of paints do you use?
« Last Edit: June 10, 2005, 08:44:45 AM by Kairu de Large »