Author Topic: Post your Gundam Collection  (Read 37267 times)

Offline Kairu de Large

Re: Post your Gundam Collection
« Reply #60 on: January 04, 2005, 11:12:24 PM »
Nice, I'll be getting that when I'm not poor.  :P

My cousin had a 1/144 Heavyarms Custom rotting in his basement unopened so he gave it to me for my birthday. I'm not sure when I'll build it since I think I'm gonna try to paint all of it, and once I factor in my laziness that comes out to be a long time.  :P

I was going to buy more kits with the money my family gave me for my birthday, but I spent all of it on my own ps2 because i was sick of fighting with my sister over the one in the living room. Plus I get to play right by the computer I got for christmas/birthday. ^^;
« Last Edit: January 04, 2005, 11:16:11 PM by Kairu de Large »

Offline Judau

• Still here...
  • Seriously Addicted
  • WOT
    • https://www.facebook.com/peter.sohl
« Reply #61 on: January 05, 2005, 11:40:50 AM »
Heh, cool. When you paint it, just make sure to have that light blue color that is on its chest pieces... the stickers suck.

Offline Kairu de Large

« Reply #62 on: January 05, 2005, 05:49:12 PM »
Heh, cool. When you paint it, just make sure to have that light blue color that is on its chest pieces... the stickers suck.

Luckily I have that color already, but I still need a lot of the darker colors and the hobby shop isn't close to my house so that could be a while.

Offline Judau

• Still here...
  • Seriously Addicted
  • WOT
« Reply #63 on: January 19, 2005, 06:19:15 PM »
Laura also got me the PG GP-01fb for my birthday... just waiting for it to come in the mail. Gotta love a girlfriend who can be your Gundam kit income until I get my sorry ass back in a job. ^^;;

Now to find room for the GP-01fb and Sazabi....

DOH. >_<

Offline Kairu de Large

« Reply #64 on: February 10, 2005, 05:45:20 PM »
Well today I went to a hobby shop, and although it was a bit over priced..I just couldn't resist with it right in my hands like that. And I absolutly hate waiting for things to ship, so the extra money was worth it in my eyes. Anyway, I bought the MG RX-78-2 Ver. 1.5 and I'm so happy with it that I don't even have buyer's remorse for the higher price.

Pete I do have a question though, I know you have this kit and I was wondering what you did for the eyes as it is a clear white piece of plastic and I really want to avoid using the sticker eyes.  Do I just paint over them with a Gundam marker or is another method needed? Also the Beam javelin is clear white plastic as apposed to pink, but I'm not as concerned about that. Any help will be greatly appreciated. I think I'll start this tomorrow, and with another MG on the way I have quite a bit of work on my hands...

Offline Judau

• Still here...
  • Seriously Addicted
  • WOT
« Reply #65 on: February 11, 2005, 07:41:28 AM »
Ah, cool, I love that kit, it was one of my first. :)

All MGs have that clear eye piece, I just paint with black around the "bumps" for the eyes first, once that dries (10 minutes with a Gundam Marker is more than enough), I use the neon green color (or actually, yellow in this case) and carefully just paint those raised bumps that are the eyes. If you make a mistake doing that part, no biggy, just wait for it to dry again and use a touch of black to make the shape of the eyes right. The stickers look stupid, I had them on my Wing 1/144's for a while, then went around and spent hours upon hours painting them all once I got a little better at building kits... they are much better now. ^^;;

And for the pink beam javelin, I just painted the outside of that pink... :-\ It looks decent, but I don't have it posed with it... its in my huge ziplock bag of Gundam model accesories. ^^;; Its full... I'll need a new one soon. << Anyway, good luck with it, it is a great kit. :)

Offline Kairu de Large

« Reply #66 on: February 11, 2005, 02:38:28 PM »
I did that as well with all my kits when I got a little more experienced, I carefully took their heads apart and painted the eyes. So I guess it's just business as usual, I was just wondering if I had to do something different since it was clear plastic which I've never encountered before(except my 1/100 God Gundam but the plastic was already clear green).  I may not bother with the beam javelin, since I doubt I'll pose with it and I don't have any pink paint.

I'm going to start building it as soon as my sisters tutor leaves at 7, then I'll probably pull an all nighter (if need be) working on it. And thanks, it looks great from the box and it will be so cool next to Char's Zaku II when it ships... ^^;

Edit:I finished it! It looks so good, and I didn't even do panel lines yet. I had a few problems at first but I figured it out, and the painting of the eyes turned out good. I also painted the little amuro to the best of my ability(well not really, but the best i could with present materials). But I'm sold with the MG series, I'm sticking to them from now on...it kicks my HGUC Gundam's ass! ^^ I can't wait to build Char's Zaku, I never had so much fun building a kit before and never has the finished product satisfied me as much as this one.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2005, 03:48:19 PM by Kairu de Large »

Offline Judau

• Still here...
  • Seriously Addicted
  • WOT
« Reply #67 on: February 14, 2005, 09:09:20 PM »
Well there ya go. Took you long enough. ^_^

And sounds good, once you finish both, give us pictures. :)

Oh, and so it turns out my awesome girlfriend is not only getting me the GP-01fb PG for my birthday, but also the Strike PG. ^^;; I'm a lucky bastard! :D

Plus, my best friend is getting me the Turn 'A' 1/100 and Mobile Sumo 1/100 from Turn 'A' Gundam. So 4 more... I guess that puts me near 80. :)
« Last Edit: February 14, 2005, 09:31:49 PM by Judau »

Offline Kairu de Large

« Reply #68 on: February 14, 2005, 10:22:37 PM »
The wait was worth it, I don't think I can ever go back to cheap kits. The Zaku II just came today and much to my dismay it is an American kit, I hope overall quality isn't effected because I'd hate to think I was missung out. But the real metal springs in the power cables and positionable mono eye look just too cool so I'm not too worried.  :)

My mom has been really cool this month with kits, she got me the MG MS-06S Zaku II for valentines day and when I was dissapointed for not having enough money at the hobby shop she insisted I buy the RX-78 and gave me some extra money. I was starting to feel a little bad about over paying a bit, but I remembered that so far most of the Gundam stuff I have gotten was really cheap so it balances out. I just ordered 3 fine point black markers and a pink paint marker(for the monoeye) so I should be set for a while. I'm not going to build the Zaku until the markers come, because it would be asanine to build it only to then take the head apart a few days later to paint the eye. I think the markers should get here by the weekend, which is when I would prefer to build it anyway.

I'll post some pictures once both are completed and detailed.

And thats one amazing birthday, 2 PG models! You truly are one lucky bastard... :P Same goes for you, take some new pictures when they are done..I still haven't even seen most of your old kits.(Most curious being your A1 Zeta Gundam)
« Last Edit: February 14, 2005, 10:23:29 PM by Kairu de Large »

Offline Judau

• Still here...
  • Seriously Addicted
  • WOT
« Reply #69 on: February 15, 2005, 08:25:28 PM »
Yeah, maybe once I get my dad a new USB cable for his camera (he's stubborn on where it stays) I'll take pictures of all of my kits... heh. I like the A1, but sadly I have no room for it out in my room anymore, so its one of the many MGs hiding in my closet. :(

Offline Kairu de Large

« Reply #70 on: February 15, 2005, 09:25:40 PM »
I'm going to have to buy some shelves to nail to my wall, I have no spare space for any future kits since my room is small. I like the A1, but I think I'll get the C1 since I like how it looks and it has a cool weapon. I might still buy the A1 at some point though, as the Zeta Gundam is my favorite design.  :)

Offline Judau

• Still here...
  • Seriously Addicted
  • WOT
« Reply #71 on: February 15, 2005, 10:02:29 PM »
I honestly liked the A1's design more... so I got that first. I also still need the C1 and Re-GZ... I should probably get both pretty soon (maybe I'll get the Re-GZ from Anime Boston or something, I've thought about getting it at the last like... 4 conventions). The Ex-S MG has the same weapon as the C1. :P Its pretty big, but not as big as the Zeta MG's. ^_____^

Offline Kairu de Large

« Reply #72 on: February 16, 2005, 12:07:01 AM »
Originally I did want to get the A1 first,  but for some reason I picked C1(probably the color scheme), either way I'm not getting any of them for a while and I'm sure my mind will change hundreds of times by then. And the Re-GZ is pretty high on my list, it's one of the first mobile suits I really liked from the start of my Gundam obsession(CCA was the first UC DVD I bought).

I do have a question though, how do you put on dry transfers? I found one site explaining how but it was overly elaborate and it seems like it's supposed to be much more simple than that. But anyway, i was wondering how you do it because your advice is always helpful and easy to do.

Offline Judau

• Still here...
  • Seriously Addicted
  • WOT
« Reply #73 on: February 16, 2005, 07:43:59 AM »
Heh, dry transfers look awesome if you don't screw it up... basically, take off the thin paper on the back of the sheet. Then cut out what you want (I usually do this with an xacto knife on a magazine). Just be careful when you do this not to put too much pressure on the transfer, it can press on to the magazine when you do that... actually, I just thought, you could probably do it with the paper still on. That would probably help. ^^;;

Anyway, you take the one you want on just the clear plastic and place it on the kit. Make sure it is straight and where you want it, then increase your grip so its not going to move anywhere. Use your fingernail and just scratch the outside of the transfer like you would a scratch off lottery ticket. Make sure to get ALL of it and don't move it, if you don't, it will get fucked up. Start with a nice flat surface like on the shoulders or the shield, which both have decals. There are always some dry transfer places that are harder to get to though, and you might run into some issues, but it takes practice. I now rarely screw one up, but I did on the Sazabi's shield last week... but I hid my mistake with yellow paint, so it looks alright. Also, my first MG (the Ez-8), has a "battle damaged" 08 on its shield becaust it was my first dry transfer.... lol.

I like them more than wet transfers because they are less messy, even though with a wet transfer, you can move it around to get it right, dry transfers are more risky. And they both pwn clear stickers, which I hate. Although, even some MGs come with certain stickers that have to be put on.... and for instance, I always like to put on the little sticker that has a square and the pilots name... made to go near the cockpit.... I just like it. <<

Anyway, you'll get it, just start off with an easy spot that maybe is even "expendable".

Offline Ruri

• Meega na la Kweesta!
  • Addict
  • Gao~
« Reply #74 on: February 16, 2005, 03:21:36 PM »
Oh, and so it turns out my awesome girlfriend is not only getting me the GP-01fb PG for my birthday, but also the Strike PG. ^^;; I'm a lucky bastard! :D

Plus, my best friend is getting me the Turn 'A' 1/100 and Mobile Sumo 1/100 from Turn 'A' Gundam. So 4 more... I guess that puts me near 80. :)

Yea, you lucky fuckin' bastard. :P
Too bad they haven't come in yet.  Must be eating away at you.