Author Topic: Post your Gundam Collection  (Read 37207 times)

Offline Kairu de Large

Re:Post your Gundam Collection
« Reply #45 on: August 27, 2004, 01:54:14 AM »
Here's my collection as of today..

Edit: Links
http://groups.msn.com/gundamstuffyo/shoebox.msnw?albumlist=2

I still have some things to fix on the Kampfer, and it'd be nice to find the missing piece. -_-; I just need to detail the Guncannon really(I'm very pleased with it), my detailing pen ran out so I need a new one. Oh and Peter, do you completely paint the entire model or just the necessary areas and add panel lines? I wasn't able to figure it out but it does look you you completely painted some of the more recent ones.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2004, 10:00:57 PM by Kairu de Large »

Offline Judau

• Still here...
  • Seriously Addicted
  • WOT
    • https://www.facebook.com/peter.sohl
« Reply #46 on: August 27, 2004, 04:09:58 PM »
Oh and Peter, do you completely paint the entire model or just the necessary areas and add panel lines? I wasn't able to figure it out but it does look you you completely painted some of the more recent ones.

I find just painting what needs to be painted is just fine considering the only Gundam kits I have were made since '95, so they are all molded pretty well. If the colors are off, sometimes I will paint them, or if the Gundam Wing 1/144 colors just suck enough, like on the Tallgeese II... I had to paint most of that. But in general, why waste the paint and time? Mine look great without it, so I don't feel the need to worry about painting the whole thing. Although, I was thinking about getting two MG RGM-79(G)s, one without paint, one with a bunch of dark green paint, to make a nice GM sniper. ^_^

Oh, and I can't see your images, they seem to be broken. >_<
« Last Edit: August 27, 2004, 04:11:54 PM by Judau »

Offline Kairu de Large

« Reply #47 on: August 27, 2004, 10:11:25 PM »
I mainly started to attempt painting the entire thing merely to see if I could get it to look like it does on the box. Plus the color that the Kampfer was molded in is god awful, it was Mountain Dew colored o_O. Once I know that I have to ability to paint good I may stop or take it further.

Anyway I put a new link, all the pictures are there.

Offline Judau

• Still here...
  • Seriously Addicted
  • WOT
« Reply #48 on: August 28, 2004, 05:27:26 AM »
Nice pics. ^^ I need that Gundam girl figure collection... at some point.

Offline im_biggy

• Clean
  • I'm The master of Cooking Manga...
Re: Post your Gundam Collection
« Reply #49 on: August 30, 2004, 11:14:18 PM »
anyone considering to get a PG GP03-Dendrobium?
i think with it being about a meter and a half in size, might look nice hanging from a ceiling...

Offline Judau

• Still here...
  • Seriously Addicted
  • WOT
« Reply #50 on: August 31, 2004, 03:36:12 AM »
anyone considering to get a PG GP03-Dendrobium?
i think with it being about a meter and a half in size, might look nice hanging from a ceiling...

It's not a PG, it's just a 1/144 HG. And yeah, I'll get it eventually, not sure where I am going to put it, but it is definitely not going to be hanging.

Offline patrhung

• Clean
« Reply #51 on: September 12, 2004, 12:05:59 PM »
aww crap i hav soo lil compaired to u guys  lol i dun even remember the sizes i just remember the grades and the names

mg sazabi
mg  nu gundam
mg god dundam
mg zeta
mg zeon
mg gp 01 fb
mg  fa zz gundam
mg  hi gog
mg  riick dom

hg  shining
hg god gundam
hg master gundam
hg nataku  custom or sumfin lik that
hg heavy arms custom
hg  wing zero  custon
hg tallgeese  or sumfin
hg deathscythe
hg gouf

gg nu gundam / v gundam
gg sazabi
gg dom
gg gp 01 fb
gg  zeon
gg  zeta
sd zz sumfin

and more that i forget abt lol its been four yrs since ive bought ne nu  ones sicne the cash flow has been very very low lol so i still hav a small asses collection lol  ;D

Offline Judau

• Still here...
  • Seriously Addicted
  • WOT
« Reply #52 on: September 12, 2004, 01:53:43 PM »
aww crap i hav soo lil compaired to u guys  lol i dun even remember the sizes i just remember the grades and the names

mg sazabi
mg  nu gundam
mg god dundam
mg zeta
mg zeon
mg gp 01 fb
mg  fa zz gundam
mg  hi gog
mg  riick dom

hg  shining
hg god gundam
hg master gundam
hg nataku  custom or sumfin lik that
hg heavy arms custom
hg  wing zero  custon
hg tallgeese  or sumfin
hg deathscythe
hg gouf

gg nu gundam / v gundam
gg sazabi
gg dom
gg gp 01 fb
gg  zeon
gg  zeta
sd zz sumfin

and more that i forget abt lol its been four yrs since ive bought ne nu  ones sicne the cash flow has been very very low lol so i still hav a small asses collection lol  ;D

That's not a bad collection... but you again... need to work on your spelling. As for sizes, all MGs are 1/100s. For HGs, if its the "larger size", its 1/100, smaller ones are 1/144, or even 1/550 if its a really big (like the Dendrobium has a 1/144 and a 1/550). What the heck do you mean by "GG"? That doesn't exist. You have not bought any kits in 4 years? That's a lie. ^^;; Most of those MGs came out in the last 4 years. You actually have a decent collection, but it really sounds like you have no clue what you are talking about.

Offline Kairu de Large

« Reply #53 on: September 13, 2004, 12:31:15 PM »
There is no such thing as a MG Hygog either, theres the HGUC and 1/144 kit which is over 10 years old. You have a nice collection but I think you may be just a little confused.

On a side note, my Strike Gundam beam rifle came today. It's pretty cool and shoots the darts far for something this cheap, although it's a lot smaller than I was expecting. But nonetheless it serves it's purpose as a nice little novelty item from Japan.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2004, 12:35:05 PM by Kairu de Large »

Offline Judau

• Still here...
  • Seriously Addicted
  • WOT
« Reply #54 on: September 13, 2004, 04:06:13 PM »
There is no such thing as a MG Hygog either, theres the HGUC and 1/144 kit which is over 10 years old. You have a nice collection but I think you may be just a little confused.

Oh yeah, I read that thinking he probably meant the Gogg... which just came out a few months ago. And is the LAST MG I would ever want to buy. << What a shitty MS. Heh, and the "MG Zeon"... at first I was just like "Whaa??" But then I noticed he just forgot the "g".

On a side note, my Strike Gundam beam rifle came today. It's pretty cool and shoots the darts far for something this cheap, although it's a lot smaller than I was expecting. But nonetheless it serves it's purpose as a nice little novelty item from Japan.

Heh, awesome. Sounds like a lot of fun. ^^;;

Offline JaisBane

• Slightly Buzzed
  • Alpha <3 Penor
« Reply #55 on: September 29, 2004, 07:23:56 PM »
I almost bought an HG GP03-Dendrobium at Otakon, and then I saw it was going for $190 and I said "Hells no charles de gaule, you can't have france back until I'm done with it," and I mysteriously wound up with an orange baseball hat with the character for turtle on the front, and I shouted out "Look at me Master Roshi, I'm a baseball player!!"
I scoff at your pathetic signatures!

Offline Judau

• Still here...
  • Seriously Addicted
  • WOT
« Reply #56 on: September 29, 2004, 08:02:26 PM »
O_O $190?! That's a great price, I would have gotten that in a second. Retail is 28,000 yen, so somewhere around $250-$260. I'll get it eventually, but it would be nice to get it for a little cheaper... another reason I should have just gone to Otakon this year. -_-

Offline JaisBane

• Slightly Buzzed
  • Alpha <3 Penor
« Reply #57 on: September 29, 2004, 08:27:17 PM »
Actually, the real reason I didn't get it was because  I left my credit card in my hotel room, and by the time I got back to the dealer's room with it, it was sold
I scoff at your pathetic signatures!

Offline Judau

• Still here...
  • Seriously Addicted
  • WOT
« Reply #58 on: September 30, 2004, 06:14:35 PM »
That makes a lot more sense. ^^;;

Offline Judau

• Still here...
  • Seriously Addicted
  • WOT
« Reply #59 on: January 03, 2005, 08:21:34 PM »
I finally got my first Gundam kit for a long, LONG time. Too long. Laura got me the Sazabi MG for Christmas.... can't wait to build it. ^________^

I don't know where I'm gonna put it. But that has never stopped me! <<