Author Topic: Post your Gundam Collection  (Read 37357 times)

Offline shinaku

• Slightly Buzzed
Re: Post your Gundam Collection
« Reply #105 on: June 10, 2005, 05:53:42 PM »
You're more daring than I am painting the 144's.テつ  I tried that and gave up.テつ  I don't have the patient nor the single bristle brush to paint those things.テつ  As for paints, I use Taimya and Model Master acrylics.テつ  Of course any part that I can use the spray can on, I do.テつ  When painting with the acrylics, I use "airbrush" in the sense of that I don't have an airbrush.テつ  I just use the attachment and snap it on to the can of compressed air.テつ  That's why I get those textures on my models rather than the smooth even coating.テつ  But with some trial and error with the clear coats, I can usually hide that pertty well :)テつ  Oh and thanks for the compliment, I thought my skills were somewhat lacking :)テつ  I'll post the Sword Impulse when it's done...next week probably.

Oh, while I'm posting my stuff, might as well show you guys my PG Strike :P  I love this thing...what a pain to paint though...all those parts.

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y141/shinaku/DSC00521.jpg
« Last Edit: June 10, 2005, 05:56:17 PM by shinaku »

Offline Kairu de Large

« Reply #106 on: June 13, 2005, 11:17:33 AM »
I use a Tamiya acrylics and Testors enamels/acrylics, and I of course try to use sprays whenever possible(I'm quite lazy). I don't usually paint Gundams, only the small details with the Gundam markers, but if I just plain don't like the colors it's molded in at all I'll paint the whole thing. Painting them all the time is a waste of paint IMO, I need to save them for like Star Wars models that really need it(I'm poor). Besides, I think they usually look pretty nice just as they are. But I have always thought about buying one of those "airbrushes", perhaps I will look into it further if they work well for you.

And thanks but my 1/144s really aren't that good.  :P But your PG Strike is really nice! You must really have some guts painting a Perfect Grade kit..^^;

Offline Judau

• Still here...
  • Seriously Addicted
  • WOT
    • https://www.facebook.com/peter.sohl
« Reply #107 on: June 15, 2005, 01:33:48 PM »
Nice work, both of you. ^_^ Its been a while since I built a kit... I have to get to my PG Strike and HGUC Psycho soon... and you guys know my philosophy on painting... unless it really needs it, don't. Panel lines are a must, though. And most of my kits look fine to me, so its just not needed in my opinion. Although you can see a difference, so I do respect anyone who paints everything regardless... :)

Offline shinaku

• Slightly Buzzed
« Reply #108 on: June 18, 2005, 03:58:34 PM »
As propmised, here's Sword Impulse:
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y141/shinaku/DSC00538.jpg

And here's Impulse that I was hesitated to show, but I might as well:
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y141/shinaku/DSC00543.jpg

And them together :)
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y141/shinaku/DSC00545.jpg

It's going to be awhile till the next one comes out, Destiny and S Freedom are next I think. 

Offline Bishoujomae

• Clean
  • What!?
« Reply #109 on: June 27, 2005, 09:19:52 AM »
they are to be released in Japan this mid July from what I've heard (I think they're goin to release HG models first tho haven't heard anything on a MG yet or any other models)

Offline shinaku

• Slightly Buzzed
« Reply #110 on: July 29, 2005, 07:52:58 AM »
Just got my 1/100 Destiny and 1/60 Impulse a few days ago.  I just started to build the Destiny, and I'm glad to see that they're making the HG more complex with each new release.  The weird thing about the Destiny model is that it came with 2 leg joints.  One straight and one skewed and bent.  That's fine and all since you can do more poses, but you would probably have to take apart the hips to change it.  Kinda wish they just made the joints movable instead.  Also it's cool that it came with a stand, but where are those energy wings?!  It just doesn't look the same without those bright pink wings coming out...guess I'll have to make my own.  Still it's a very cool model. 

Now about the 1/60 Impulse.  Looks like a good kit.  Pretty much just HG version of a PG Strike.  They have some of the same details (well obviously not THAT great since it's not a PG) like the shoulders.  Though I don't know why they made the light blue parts see through.  I'll have pictures of them when I finish.  And next month, S Freedom :)

Offline shinaku

• Slightly Buzzed
« Reply #111 on: August 14, 2005, 05:08:45 PM »
Behold my Destiny!! :Pテつ  So after a week of delays and messing up (I spent way too much on paint for this guy), here he is, the cool MS with a bastard pilot.

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y141/shinaku/DSC00566.jpg

Next I'll build the 1/60 Impulse.テつ  Hopefully I'll finish that before S Freedom comes out.

Offline Kairu de Large

« Reply #112 on: August 16, 2005, 05:21:47 PM »
Very nice work, you can probably make the energy wings out of clear styrene sheets and clear paint. I look foward to seeing the 1/60 Impulse.  :)

I'm starting several Gunpla projects soon myself, amazon had more models on clearence and I struck gold this time! ^^ Expect lots of pictures.

Offline shinaku

• Slightly Buzzed
« Reply #113 on: August 16, 2005, 05:40:56 PM »
Yes I heard about the sale on Amazon.  I was tempted, but I decided that I should just stick with current series.  I'm just about out of space on my wall.  As for the 1/60, well that got pushed back simply because I just bought Strike Freedom today, and I'll always pick Freedom over Impulse :P  So hopefully, I'll have clear weather so I can paint that quickly, or that I get my airbrush soon.

Chaos

« Reply #114 on: August 22, 2005, 09:53:15 AM »
i have like 10 gundam models but am to lazy to picture them. i have like 8 corner shelves. they help.

Offline Kairu de Large

« Reply #115 on: August 24, 2005, 02:38:48 AM »
i have like 10 gundam models but am to lazy to picture them. i have like 8 corner shelves. they help.

What ones?

I have pictures of my models up, as well as Star Wars models: http://photobucket.com/albums/y14/Kairu_Deikun/

Forgive me for the fact they all stink....^^;;

Offline shinaku

• Slightly Buzzed
« Reply #116 on: August 24, 2005, 11:45:03 AM »
ooh...shhhiiiiinnnnnyyyy Hyaku Shiki...I want one :P  Did you paint that one gold, or is that just the gold plated plastic?  Cuz I have to paint the gold parts on S Freedom and I'm not sure how "gold" it will look.  Btw S Freedom model isn't as posable as Destiny which kinda ticked me off.  Plus I think this was the worst packaged model I've ever had.  The runners were bent so some of the pieces doesn't fit perfectly so that'll cost me mort time to fix.  Why did my favorite MS had to be the badly packaged one?!  And did you know that the side rail guns are actually folded behind its hips?  I just thought that the rail guns had to be removed for the rifles to be mounted.  Anyway, I just need to do the legs and wings and then paint it.  It'll look very cool :)

Offline Kairu de Large

« Reply #117 on: August 24, 2005, 01:05:49 PM »
He came like that, both the HGUC and MG are like that, but the one that comes with the Hyper Mega Launcher isn't gold plated. He looks much nicer in real life, the flash of the camera made it look darker. It's a hassle to build though because you have to be careful not to damage it when cutting it out of the sprues, and you can't sand down the excess so it doesn't fit that well sometimes and the result is horrible seams.

And that sucks, the pictures I saw at Dalong made it look like it actually had gold plated parts.I have had several damaged kits, it does suck pretty bad but I actually found it fun working around the problems. Heh, if you wanna see kits that don't fit well, try some of the older Star Wars kits.. -_-;

Well Good luck with it, can't wait to see some pics.  ;)

I'm actually more interested in the 1/60 Strike Freedom, the LED parts look quite cool.  :)

Offline shinaku

• Slightly Buzzed
« Reply #118 on: August 24, 2005, 06:48:46 PM »
The Strike Freedom Flash edition, yeah that does sound cool.  I'll be getting that when it comes out later in the year.  Though I can imagine how annoying it would be to build with all those wires running through it. 

And the damage isn't that bad.  Most of the bent parts are just the long ones which after putting them together, they hold their shape pretty well.  Some sanding here and there, but not bad.  As for the "gold" parts, yeah, they're just plastic gold.  I'm not sure if I want to paint it with luster gold or if I should just mix the paints till I get the dull gold.  I'd imagine it would look odd if the entire model is semi gloss and somewhat dull, but then some of the joints are shining gold.  So I'll test it out first.  I should have it finish by this weekend.  Now how to pose this thing.  Should I do it:

a) The "Wing Zero Pose" that they did in the third ending sequence with its legs crossed and wings spread out
b) The "Die Shinn DIE!!" which is having all the guns and DRAGOONS out
c) The "Classic Action Pose" being just rifle/beam saber in hand
d) The "Intro Pose" the one they use for the op with him holding his docked rifles.

Ugh, why didn't I buy 4 models so I can do them all :P

Offline Judau

• Still here...
  • Seriously Addicted
  • WOT
    • https://www.facebook.com/peter.sohl
« Reply #119 on: August 29, 2005, 01:47:29 PM »
Just posting what I got at Otakon this year...

1/100 MG Freedom Gundam
1/100 Gundam Astray Red Frame
1/100 Gundam Leopard D
1/100 Heavyarms Custom
1/100 Tallgeese III
1/100 Gundam Aegis (only $12, HLJ gave me $10 off cause I wore my HLJ shirt ^_^)

HCM Pro Mk.II (AEUG)
Zeta Gundam pencil board
A Haro Keychain that lights up. << (Oh, and Laura got the remote control Haro, it's pretty nifty)

I think that's it... I was thinking of getting the PG Strike Skygrasper... but ended up not cause it was $65... a little too much at the time. ^^;;

Oh wow, and I just noticed they are releasing the PG Strike Rouge with Skygrasper:
http://www.hlj.com/product/BAN938257

They could have chosen about a million better candidates for PG treatment... but I guess it's just like the Mk.II and Zaku... they already have the mold.

Oh, and the Char's Zaku PG from Amazon with much thanks to Kyle...

anything