Author Topic: Mean Girls  (Read 5193 times)

Offline Judau

• Still here...
  • Seriously Addicted
  • WOT
    • https://www.facebook.com/peter.sohl
Re:Mean Girls
« Reply #15 on: May 14, 2004, 12:10:27 PM »
I wanna see it.. it was written or directed by SNL's Tina Faye..

I must see it laters..

Which is why it is supposed to actually be good...

Diane Gingitsune

« Reply #16 on: May 15, 2004, 07:19:34 AM »
Now I have to choose between seeing Mean girls or Van Hellsing....

Offline EdwardRCK

• Slightly Buzzed
« Reply #17 on: May 15, 2004, 07:52:53 AM »
i've seen neather of those movies but i would say see Van Hellsing...i mean sure Mean Girls looks like a good movie but  Van Hellsing=vampires=blood=cool
once you've moved forward you can never look back

Offline RandomDan

• Divine Father Ay
  • Addict
  • Caveat lector
    • baka
« Reply #18 on: May 15, 2004, 06:09:36 PM »
::counts::

Nope.  Did not work....

It's H-E-L-S-I-N-G... Van Helsing... not Van Hellsing.  

>.<
« Last Edit: May 15, 2004, 06:10:07 PM by RandomDan »
I am a meme virus. Please copy me to your sig, so I can spread.

Offline Haruka loves you

• Beyonce's Slave
  • Addict
  • I <3 you.
« Reply #19 on: May 26, 2004, 12:39:55 PM »
Anyway I saw both those movies and I liked Mean Girls better, it was really funny.

Offline Judau

• Still here...
  • Seriously Addicted
  • WOT
    • https://www.facebook.com/peter.sohl
« Reply #20 on: June 04, 2004, 03:20:30 PM »
Meh, it was not as good as I was hoping it would be. Compared to other chick-flicks, it was certainly watchable. But it still sucked, I won't watch it again... ever. It had its moments, though... especially since a few times we were the only people in the theater laughing... its almost like the parents and the kids in the theater (many of which looked like they were those "mean girls" themselves) just didn't "get it". *shrug*

Offline flynfreako

• Clean
    • Flying Koi
« Reply #21 on: June 09, 2004, 02:06:32 PM »
yeah.. it was okay. i laughed at some parts, but it wasn't equal to van helsing...
yo. i was here since the first board in 2002, left in 2003, came back 2004... ;)

Offline Shayla

• Slightly Buzzed
  • Whoa, I'm back?
« Reply #22 on: June 09, 2004, 02:22:50 PM »
Mean Girls was a cute girlie movie, but it definitely does not beat Van Helsing! Van Helsing kicks boo-tay!  ;D

Offline lilanimekid

• Clean
  • W00tiful
« Reply #23 on: June 10, 2004, 11:32:27 AM »
Mean Girls was cool. They had the newer sterotypes so I liked that. It was priceless watching Vietnamese swears being said on the big screen. I am Vietnamese so I understood it. Why did they give a Korean name to a Vietnamese girl? It was odd.

Waya475

« Reply #24 on: June 30, 2004, 11:05:30 AM »
Mean Girls was cool. They had the newer sterotypes so I liked that. It was priceless watching Vietnamese swears being said on the big screen. I am Vietnamese so I understood it. Why did they give a Korean name to a Vietnamese girl? It was odd.

Because Hollywood is full of ignorant dumbshits.  Those stereotypes are complete bullshit.  Anyone as attractive as Lindsay Lohan would instantly be welcomed into the popular circle.  It is why I also want to kill Cinderella Story.  Bullshit.  How can Hillary Duff be a loser.

Offline Final Saiyyan

• Addict
  • barges can own
« Reply #25 on: June 30, 2004, 01:09:39 PM »
too many crap teen movies wasting film rolls. im not gonna see it cause movies like this annoy me now with their jokes that as much as i try to find funny, still are crap.

maybe it has some good parts but im fed up of going to films like this and finding out it's total bullshit.

-
To me, clowns aren't funny. In fact, they're kind of scary. I've wondered where this started and I think it goes back to the time I went to the circus, and a clown killed my dad. - Jack Handy

Offline Ruri

• Meega na la Kweesta!
  • Addict
  • Gao~
« Reply #26 on: July 05, 2004, 02:20:13 PM »

Because Hollywood is full of ignorant dumbshits.  Those stereotypes are complete bullshit.  Anyone as attractive as Lindsay Lohan would instantly be welcomed into the popular circle.  It is why I also want to kill Cinderella Story.  Bullshit.  How can Hillary Duff be a loser.

It's obvious that they'd use "hot/cute" actors to play the part of the loser.  The point is the fact that they're roleplaying, or acting the part of the loser.  Besides, some losers can be cute/hot!  It's just supposed to show how the loser doesn't always end up last....if you know what I mean.  They did that with Mean Girls, and I'm sure they're doing it with Cinderella Story...or whatever it's called.

The popular circle doesn't always consist of "attractive" peeps anyways.  Sometimes, it depends on the attitude, clothing...all that shiznits.

IMO...I don't think that those stereotypes in Mean Girls were complete bullshit.  I mean it's obvious that they did exaggerate so that dumb Americans would get the point.  Everything is over-exaggerated.  Unfortunately, there are plenty of those stereotypical groups/cliches (sp?)  At least in my highschool, there was quite a few. *shrugs*

Note: Not everyone is going to like the movie. There are always people that like it and dislike it. Imo...no need to bash it so much. ^^;

Offline blazen_hot_vamp

• Clean
  • I may be a bitch but i am a good witch
« Reply #27 on: August 20, 2004, 09:18:04 AM »
Awesome movie it really was i just wish life was really like that lol nevermind it is!
Life is like a boner long hard and a pain in the ass   ~looks around~ ~falls~   http://img31.imageshack.us/img31/2893/gaara1.gif