Author Topic: Religious discussion  (Read 16394 times)

Offline Kagemusha

• Clean
  • Eater of Souls
    • Otaku Den
Religious discussion
« on: March 04, 2004, 02:49:42 PM »
Even though this is a movie board... I will open this thread for a while at least... to talk about religion... this is designed to be an open forum for any beliefs (and I mean any)... but not meant to be a place for arguement... Here is where you can learn about other beliefs or ask questions... As an amateur theologists (i do have other hobbies besides movies ) I will attempt to moderate this disscussion within the best of my abilities...even if I cannot be on the board as much as most of you ^^.... enjoy and I hope that this will enlighten people

Thou shalt be smited by my mighty wrath...

Offline Final Saiyyan

• Addict
  • barges can own
Re:Religious discussion
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2004, 03:01:39 PM »
woo , a sticky!!!  ;D

i think there was a religion topic once but its since then died out , what it turned into i dont know..

yes no more arguements , my fingers  get a rest!

i dont actually fully understand budisihim , i doubt thats even the spelling of it , but is there more than one god? ive seen it on t.v. several times , i seen these temple like buildings and theyre absolutley beautiful , but thats my range of knowledge on it..
« Last Edit: March 04, 2004, 03:04:30 PM by Final Saiyyan »

-
To me, clowns aren't funny. In fact, they're kind of scary. I've wondered where this started and I think it goes back to the time I went to the circus, and a clown killed my dad. - Jack Handy

Offline cynical monkey

• Radiohead Freak
  • Seriously Addicted
  • monkeys.
    • deviant art gallery
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2004, 06:29:32 PM »
it's spelt buddhism.

basically, a buddhist believes everything has a spirit. they don't have to worship anything except for the earth. and they are also not allowed to eat animals and i think sometimes plants... but i guess it depends on just how buddhist one is. buddhism is also a very open minded religion, because it tolerates other religions instead of doing the whole conversion thing. good times eh?

even though this is a very desirable religion to me, i prefer to stay the way i am. mostly because i feel more free this way, and i can have my own beliefs. heh, i'm a nikkist  ;D

visit my deviant art gallery! http://mutsy.deviantart.com/gallery

Offline RandomDan

• Divine Father Ay
  • Addict
  • Caveat lector
    • baka
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2004, 03:02:42 AM »
I don't like Buddhism that much, Taoism is more my thing.  Religion, religion, religion.  Why do all religions theistic, what is wrong with deism?  I find deistic situation a far more likely state of affairs, given the way the world is.

Edit: I killed it... fun fun.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2004, 03:34:56 PM by RandomDan »
I am a meme virus. Please copy me to your sig, so I can spread.

Offline YoruameBaroness

• Budding Addict
  • The Red Beauty of Germany
    • G Gundam
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2004, 08:42:41 PM »
I don't agree much with any other religions other than Christianity, so I stay a Christian.

Offline VW_Kidd

• Japan Bound
  • Addict
  • ...dakara...
    • Chained Bishounen
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2004, 05:20:06 PM »
A Christian, Southern Baptist, as always.  I believe the Bible is the Holy, Infallible, Inerrant Word of God.  I try to live by it, but slip (as do we all).  That's my religion in a very small nutshell.
My Myspace

Join Gaia today and tell them VW_Kid referred you.

Offline RandomDan

• Divine Father Ay
  • Addict
  • Caveat lector
    • baka
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2004, 02:52:15 AM »
I still want one reason why people automatically assume that there is a theistic god.

(for those who are unaware: theism is the belief that a god created the universe and controls it; deism is the belief that a god created the universe, but either has no control over it, or has abandoned it)

Offline Final Saiyyan

• Addict
  • barges can own
« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2004, 12:35:35 PM »
thats like creating a mc donalds in the sea, if youve got the lives of 6'000'000'000 people in your hands you might as well , check up on em, once in a while..

but God abandoning the world , is just something someone made up so they could say living a christian life is , pointless to follow by , but i could see where he would be coming from on that  , but then the news only bombards us with scandals, wars , bombings .etc ... its no wonder people could in some cases feel like that , but in wars and stuff thats humans being stupid , theres some thing in the bible that says , something like ,'those who love the danger shall perish within..' my grandma says that when she hears about conflits and people driving race cars or something..
« Last Edit: March 15, 2004, 12:36:48 PM by Final Saiyyan »

-
To me, clowns aren't funny. In fact, they're kind of scary. I've wondered where this started and I think it goes back to the time I went to the circus, and a clown killed my dad. - Jack Handy

Bazzar

« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2004, 12:46:07 PM »
well i just joined today and i figgured that this would be as good a topic as any to first post on.......
>>sorry in advance if this offends anyone...
>
First, what would lead someone to believ that God is watching over you...and if he really did create this place and you...and he really "loved" you why would he bring you to a place where he knows that you are going to live for about 70 years (give or take a few) to only die...
welll this is about all i can do right now soooo if someone could inlighten me on this i would appreaciate it....
i will finish this at a latter time
again sorry if i offened you......

Offline Night Priestess

• Shinigami's Archangel
  • Addict
  • Do I want immortality? Let me think... HECK YEA!!!
    • Shinigami's Temple
« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2004, 12:49:06 PM »
not a bad first post! ;D

i just hope that there is something more that will allow me to reat...
Thanks to Chaos for the siggy!!!

Well, I don't want the world to see me,
'Cause I don't think that they'd understand.
When everything's made to be broken,
I just want you to know who I am...

Offline RandomDan

• Divine Father Ay
  • Addict
  • Caveat lector
    • baka
« Reply #10 on: March 25, 2004, 12:50:47 PM »
Why?  They believe it to be so.  It is the faith they have in how the universe works.  Once you create that kind of axiom, everything that follows is logical.

I rate it 6/10.  Decent start, but not a Beagle-san (my 10/10 post benchmark.. I miss Beagle-san posts)
« Last Edit: March 26, 2004, 04:51:59 AM by RandomDan »

Offline Night Priestess

• Shinigami's Archangel
  • Addict
  • Do I want immortality? Let me think... HECK YEA!!!
    • Shinigami's Temple
« Reply #11 on: March 25, 2004, 12:53:08 PM »
not everyone can have such unfailable faith.
*sigh*
i wish i did, tho.
Thanks to Chaos for the siggy!!!

Well, I don't want the world to see me,
'Cause I don't think that they'd understand.
When everything's made to be broken,
I just want you to know who I am...

Offline RandomDan

• Divine Father Ay
  • Addict
  • Caveat lector
    • baka
« Reply #12 on: March 25, 2004, 12:55:54 PM »
I don't.  But they do.  That is why they need no more.

Offline Final Saiyyan

• Addict
  • barges can own
« Reply #13 on: March 25, 2004, 01:24:04 PM »
well i just joined today and i figgured that this would be as good a topic as any to first post on.......
>>sorry in advance if this offends anyone...
>
First, what would lead someone to believ that God is watching over you...and if he really did create this place and you...and he really "loved" you why would he bring you to a place where he knows that you are going to live for about 70 years (give or take a few) to only die...
welll this is about all i can do right now soooo if someone could inlighten me on this i would appreaciate it....
i will finish this at a latter time
again sorry if i offened you......

a test to gain entry to heaven? since letting everyone into heaven wouldnt filter off all the  evil people in the world and would upset the peace of heaven which is supposed to be infinitley better than earth at any rate..

-

cuteflyz89

« Reply #14 on: March 29, 2004, 11:26:09 AM »
ya know what i have been a christian all my life (so far all my life) and i dont know why god has sent us to earth but  i know that he loves each and everyone of us and he wants to use us to talk to other ppl and get them to belive that he died on the cross and rose again and if they do do they will not parish but have eternal life johns  3:16 and well got put us here all for a reason and if or when you go to heaven you can ask the lord himself (in person)    sorry if this offended anyone please dont let this affend you  

lol i put to different affend offends hahahaha i cant type to day

but basicly (however you spell  it) i dont m

errrrrrr i dont mean to offend ppl if i did  my most scinceer apology how ever you spell that i forgot

EDIT: Please do not triple post, use the "modify" button. - Judau
« Last Edit: March 29, 2004, 02:24:42 PM by Judau »