Author Topic: About the Ichigo release poll  (Read 6117 times)

Offline Hellena Quarterbell

• Clean
  • Dreams builds foundation of human culture!
Re:About the Ichigo release poll
« Reply #15 on: July 29, 2004, 12:05:20 AM »
Lets make clear here ...
LQ means Low Quality....
HQ means High Quality ....

1 chapters per weeks means you need to wait for 9 weeks for a Low Quality scanlations....

for God sake man.... i desperately said that it was a low quality .... and if there exist a high quality worth to wait one for 8 weeks(2month) one.....
It isn't an optioanal .... It's too obvious we choose a High Quality scanlation

Offline Motoko-chan

• Anime ni Yamitsuki Staff
    • Motoko's Pagoda
« Reply #16 on: July 29, 2004, 05:56:45 PM »
You wouldn't really have to wait either, it would work out that the project would be about a volume behind (as we could release one HQ chapter a week, from the previous volume). Unless there are major issues in our production chain, we could still release one chapter a week either way. The real question is if the readers mind being behind a volume, and getting really good quality edits, or if the readers are willing to sacrifice quality (and jump scans can be really bad) for the sake of having the "latest" chapter.
Motoko-chan
Anime ni Yamitsuki Leader

"Time is irrelevant to memory. How important that moment was to a person... I think that's all that matters." - Shiori (Kanon)

Personal Links:
AnimeNeko Network | Static-Subs | Otenba | Lililicious

Offline ChildOfTheElements

• Clean
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #17 on: July 30, 2004, 04:53:36 AM »
Lets make clear here ...
LQ means Low Quality....
HQ means High Quality ....

1 chapters per weeks means you need to wait for 9 weeks for a Low Quality scanlations....

Umm ... No what it means is that over 9 weeks we will get 9 chapters of low quality scans.  The way you say it makes it sound like we get the 9 chapters after the 9 weeks which is off.
for God sake man.... i desperately said that it was a low quality .... and if there exist a high quality worth to wait one for 8 weeks(2month) one.....
It isn't an optioanal .... It's too obvious we choose a High Quality scanlation

Listen, 8 weeks and 2 months aren't synomisis in this case ... 1 chapter a week for the 9 chapters in a volume plus the one week the aurthor gets off comes out to 10 weeks, and if you factor in the fact that it will take 2-3 weeks for Yanime to finish the volume that means 12-13 weeks for the first volume then 10 weeks for each additional volume. That's much more significant than the difference between the low quality scans that are used in the chinese translations and the high quality scans of Japanese volumes. It's no wonder why more people want a weekly release instead.

Offline AlphaUltima

• Ichitard #95127
  • Slightly Buzzed
  • Momusutard
« Reply #18 on: July 30, 2004, 01:32:32 PM »
i think if some group were to do ichigo by the jump scans, they'd have done them by now.  i mean, yanime has always been behind.  this fictional group is as plausable as the red scare, witch hunts, or the terror color alert system.  i think the staff has already decided on the tanks and just leave the poll up to give the leechers the impression they actually have a voice.:P

Offline Cgoten

• Hmm....
  • Addict
  • Hmm....
    • Yanime
« Reply #19 on: August 01, 2004, 10:46:37 AM »
this fictional group is as plausable as the red scare, witch hunts, or the terror color alert system.

lol.

Well, I'm gonna take the poll down once I finally update the site again. I haven't updated in so long due to translators being on vacation and me playing FFXI too much. =(

Offline Motoko-chan

• Anime ni Yamitsuki Staff
    • Motoko's Pagoda
« Reply #20 on: August 01, 2004, 10:33:12 PM »
Woah, let me get the dynamic newsfeed in first...
Motoko-chan
Anime ni Yamitsuki Leader

"Time is irrelevant to memory. How important that moment was to a person... I think that's all that matters." - Shiori (Kanon)

Personal Links:
AnimeNeko Network | Static-Subs | Otenba | Lililicious

anything