Author Topic: PlayStation Portable  (Read 6641 times)

Offline PastThe12thFret

• T3H KIN6 0F KR|_|NK!!1
  • Budding Addict
  • I'm Ben. Stop asking who Ben is.
Re: PlayStation Portable
« Reply #30 on: March 10, 2005, 05:52:06 PM »
i'm not a fanboy, in fact for a while i was gonna get an xbox in addition to my ps2.  and i didn't mean that gamecube had no online support, but their online support was a joke.  sure, phantasy star online 3 was exclusive to gamecube, but can you name another that was?  i don't think so.  in fact, i think i read a stat somewhere that said the total of online ready games for gamecube was somewhere between 10-15.

Offline Vukasa

• Clean
« Reply #31 on: March 18, 2005, 11:28:50 AM »
ugggh... this whole mess has gotten out of hand....
Looks like itll take a gamer like me to pull you guys out of this fight.

Well.... ive always been a nintendo fan in the past.. i mean they are the ones who really brought consol gaming alive, but unlike the total fanboy, and full on cursing phsyco we know (final saiyanman or w/e) said, Nintendo has defininately not been making "good" decisions lately. The most fatal decision they did make is not to create any games that have online capabilities that you dont have to jack up the lan connection to use. They big guy at Nintendo even said it wouldn't be needed because thats not what people wanted. What a kidder eh? I mean what the hell was he thinking. I dont want to play games online testing my skills on countless, hapless victoms; I just wanna fight the A.I.s.

Anyway im from Tennessee and Im not japanese and i still hate the look and feel of the CLUNKY ds. The touch is fun... for kids.. 10- of course. It actually manages to take the need for any skill what-so-ever from metroid, which already doesnt really require dodging. So I havent played with the PSP yet but i think the controls will at least beat w/e ds can come up with.

Yes, Ds will soon be online capatable but since Nintendo hasnt done anythin like this before dont expect anything.... special.

well, ill have to finish this later. class is about to end...

P.S. The PSP actually had time put into it and the ds looks like it was rushed just a bit to make some money before everyone got the obviously better system.

i think youll get the idea and ill get more hate..... replys, im looking at you Bain and Sayianman or w/e.
To accomplish your ultimate goal is to find true happiness.

Offline Final Saiyyan

• Addict
  • barges can own
« Reply #32 on: March 18, 2005, 12:14:53 PM »
four abbreviated words...

LMAO

no seriously whether the humour was intentional or not, that one was side splitting. the total fanboy bit, and i think you ment to say 'psycho' , my bladder has gone.

no its not Final Saiyanman or "w/e" actually its Final Saiyyan, now how can i take your article seriously if you can't even research a name by pressing the 'back' button?

i have sony headphones, therefore the fact that i am a total nintendo fanboy is void, i love my headphones.

skoot off to class  young man, and after school is over, file out and get a good cranium deflation, its interesting you've said "it'll take a gamer like me to pull you guys out of this fight".
Tell me , how do you define the term "gamer"? could it be someone with an inflated ego who pops up to take some random stabs in a video game section of a forum?

So basically, the full on mispelling *psycho* Vukasa thinks he is the Video Game Jesus and by spouting off his opinions he will end conflict, sorry you kind of just re-routed it.

But don't fret my child, im not all bad, i do agree with some of your points,  however nintendo will most likely not suffer a huge loss since they still have much going for them, i think they're biggest concern is bringing out high quality games to make full use of the other new hardware in this system, e.g. there has been complaints about not making use of the graphical capabilities.

your profile says 15, how would you know how fun it is if the entertainment barrier stops abruptly as soons as youths reach 11? and can you speak for all -10 year olds when you say this? Who knows some may prefer smoking.

Metroid does actually require a fair bit of dodging however you have to press start first of all, plus you dont use the screen for dodging, when out of morph ball mode you use the d-pad to dodge, but you knew this already of course.

no shit??? heres me thinking they had wireless back on the game and watch, i've truly been enlightened today.

im not expecting anything special, im expecting an wifi connection.

" a system i haven't yet played is quite obviously the better system" - Vacaska

No my friend you are not looking at me, you are on a message board.

Don't get the wrong idea, water under the bridge, i love you all, this isn't hate just a reply, but i love "bain" more,*ben's cute*so don't get any wrong ideas there either, i find everyone interesting and unique.

« Last Edit: March 18, 2005, 02:42:27 PM by Final Saiyyan »

-
To me, clowns aren't funny. In fact, they're kind of scary. I've wondered where this started and I think it goes back to the time I went to the circus, and a clown killed my dad. - Jack Handy

Offline clash

• Addict
  • You got beef?!
    • My Pulitzer Prize winning blog
« Reply #33 on: March 20, 2005, 05:31:51 PM »
i got to handle a few PSPs and some games today at work. i was very tempted to buy a few and sell them on Ebay before the US release date, but doing so would have probably gotten me fired. i might buy one or two after the release date and sell them anyway, it might be a good way to make a profit, that is, if there is a PSP shortage early on.

2PAC IS STILL ALIVE!!1124213132!!! FOTOGRAFIC PRUF!!LOL!2 http://www.xanga.com/home.aspx?user=FOOL_STREET_21

Offline Vukasa

• Clean
« Reply #34 on: March 21, 2005, 11:30:11 AM »
ahahaha i guess you took it pretty harsh huh, the psycho thing i mean. You really shouldn't do that, usually it means its true. well believe it or not I'm not here to make enemies and i like you too, since you at least hit on some.. interesting points. I am proud of my knowledge of all that is gaming though, and while gaming I'm very competitive, so don't get me wrong. My thoughts still stand that PSP will provide much more power and entertainment and DS will not have anything spectacular in 8 years coming our way. Also i say again metroid on the DS requires no skill while taking damage, dodging attacks, or rolling around. So Mr. Old-is-better what have you to say to that, hmm...?

P.S. im already expecting a i never said old is better comment... so skip it
To accomplish your ultimate goal is to find true happiness.

Offline Final Saiyyan

• Addict
  • barges can own
« Reply #35 on: March 21, 2005, 12:26:54 PM »
Clash: what game(s) did you get to try out?

Vukasa:

well, no , for most of that i only referred to the word psycho when i was ridiculing your poor spelling, there is a small difference between going 'psycho' and having a field day with someones arguements.

it doesn't usually take skill to take damage, and why were you rolling around?

your  new-found  psychic ability fails you twice sir, your psp 'power' does not  last half as long as the ds and..

Brace yourself, and dont try shocks like this one at home..

old is better

like i said a while back nintendo cannot match sony's graphical output or speed, ram .etc so they will be working their asses off to create awesome gameplay.

really modern games are good , but when games like majoras mask/ FF7 seem appealing even against the fine tuned graphics and poly-count of some of todays games you know they're missing something.

now don't piss yourself just yet readers im not saying gameplay sucks these days, theres a lot of fun titles out there , but when you can even compare some of these older games you start to see graphics aren't everything, some developers seem to be forgetting to improve their gameplay just as much.

theres too much pressure on developers to get these really beautiful games out that sometimes gameplay can be neglected,  this may not be true for some games but i've noticed it with some sequels' to games i thought were awesome.

Retro titles seem to be doing rather well, and im not too suprised.

P.S. discard that crystal ball

« Last Edit: March 21, 2005, 12:28:21 PM by Final Saiyyan »

-
To me, clowns aren't funny. In fact, they're kind of scary. I've wondered where this started and I think it goes back to the time I went to the circus, and a clown killed my dad. - Jack Handy

Offline clash

• Addict
  • You got beef?!
    • My Pulitzer Prize winning blog
« Reply #36 on: March 21, 2005, 02:39:41 PM »
the only games i saw there were Tony Hawk's Underground 2 and Need for Speed Underground 2, which don't really excite me too much. the Tony Hawk games are getting old, and i've never played the Underground series (though the regular NFS's kick ass), but it's just one of those types of games that i'm not gonna go out of my way to play.

like i said a while back nintendo cannot match sony's graphical output or speed, ram .etc so they will be working their asses off to create awesome gameplay.

working their asses off....i dunno about that. Nintendo tends not to compete directly with it's competitors, but rather try to innovate things so much that their game is better. more often than not it ends up lacking some things. this is Nintendo's biggest flaw: they're way too stubborn. example: not going online. Nintendo claims that people don't want online games. last time i checked, that wasn't true. when Polyphony Digital announced that Gran Turismo 4 was not going to have online features, almost everyone who planned on getting the game was very dissapointed. if people did not want online, as Nintendo tells us, then Polyphony's announcement would have been met with indifference.

that being said, i don't hate Nintendo, in fact, the SNES is my favorite console of all time, but in order for them survive these next console wars, they're gonna need to change their strategy. right now it's all about innovation from them. we don't necessarily need innovation, rather a refinement of what we currently have.

2PAC IS STILL ALIVE!!1124213132!!! FOTOGRAFIC PRUF!!LOL!2 http://www.xanga.com/home.aspx?user=FOOL_STREET_21

Offline Final Saiyyan

• Addict
  • barges can own
« Reply #37 on: March 22, 2005, 08:41:38 AM »
  i seen some vids for nfs2, it looked awesome.

well, according to a rant article from the game developers conference, developers were overworked, working a 70+ hour week, i would imagine this is the case in nintendo because of the new hardware they are working with, miyamoto couldn't even make the conference because of the workload.

i've never seen that claim yet, but i do know that nintendo is having talks with gamespy, so.. online play might be only a month or so away, providing they release some titles we can use, so despite that claim, they seem to be aiming to please those who want online anyway.

i support their innovation though, really we are years away from reaching a point were graphics are going to become almost unperfectable, games these days look real, take the new splinter cell or RE 4 for example.(minus the zombies)

so .. nintendos early innovation might not be such a bad thing, we're gonna need other ways to interact with future games, E3 should be revealing lots of stuff like that.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2005, 08:46:22 AM by Final Saiyyan »

-