Author Topic: PlayStation Portable  (Read 5962 times)

Offline PastThe12thFret

• T3H KIN6 0F KR|_|NK!!1
  • Budding Addict
  • I'm Ben. Stop asking who Ben is.
PlayStation Portable
« on: February 23, 2005, 04:12:38 PM »
can't wait until this comes out in the US (march 24).  i'm definitely getting one.  anybody else?

Waya475

Re: PlayStation Portable
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2005, 04:17:53 PM »
Too expensive, no games really calling me.  I'll wait it out.

Offline PastThe12thFret

• T3H KIN6 0F KR|_|NK!!1
  • Budding Addict
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2005, 04:58:58 PM »
rockstar's making a GTA for PSP that's gonna take place in liberty city.  supposedly it's gonna be on-par with PS2 titles, meaning that it'll be fully 3D, probably like GTA III or VC...i don't see it being close to as extensive as SA on one UMD disc, that'd be impossible

Offline Blue

• Clean
  • Sorry, I got lost on a path known as life.~Kakashi
    • Alex's Xanga Journal
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2005, 05:03:21 PM »
The PSP looks ultra fragile, and the DS doesn't. I plan on getting both, but I guess I should be more careful with the PSP.

Offline PastThe12thFret

• T3H KIN6 0F KR|_|NK!!1
  • Budding Addict
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2005, 05:06:37 PM »
no, the DS looks clunky and crappy, and the PSP looks sleek and sexy.

Offline Aoshi101

• Straight Jackets are the way of life
  • Anime ni Yamitsuki Staff
  • I'll work this team like dogs!
    • Honoo Shinobi Shrine
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2005, 06:42:38 PM »
DS sucks badly. Yeah the dual screen is very innovative but the PSP looks alot better. Does anyone know anygames (besides GTA) that is coming out for it?

Temp sig set from a long time ago, only until I get around to making a new one. Been ages.

Offline clash

• Addict
  • You got beef?!
    • My Pulitzer Prize winning blog
« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2005, 06:51:14 PM »
i'll evetually get a PSP, but probably after the first time the price goes down. my reasons are, for one, it will be cheaper (obviously), and two, by that time, the PSP model should be free of any defects. the Japanese launch model had very many problems, and i'm sure most of them are being fixed for the US release, a few will probably remain. never buy the first model of a Sony system.

2PAC IS STILL ALIVE!!1124213132!!! FOTOGRAFIC PRUF!!LOL!2 http://www.xanga.com/home.aspx?user=FOOL_STREET_21

Offline PastThe12thFret

• T3H KIN6 0F KR|_|NK!!1
  • Budding Addict
« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2005, 07:53:03 PM »
oh, well damn...you're right phil.  the same thing happened with ps2s. -_-  oh well, i might still get it.

Offline :Lost:

• Guardian Angel
  • Slightly Buzzed
« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2005, 08:28:55 PM »
The PSP looks like a pretty good system but I'm so poor, I couldn't afford it if the prices were down low and on sale. The only way I'll ever get such a thing is to sell all my game system.(Which will never happen) It looks way better then the DS of which sucks badly. But Clash is right. It would be best to wait out on it a bit.

Offline Blue

• Clean
  • Sorry, I got lost on a path known as life.~Kakashi
    • Alex's Xanga Journal
« Reply #9 on: February 24, 2005, 04:30:33 AM »
DS sucks badly. Yeah the dual screen is very innovative but the PSP looks alot better. Does anyone know anygames (besides GTA) that is coming out for it?

From what I hear, NBA Street, NFL Street, Need for Speed Underground, and a Tiger Woods PGA golf game are the first launched games for the PSP when it does come out. But as I see it, most games are just remakes to fit the PSP.

Offline Judau

• Still here...
  • Seriously Addicted
  • WOT
    • https://www.facebook.com/peter.sohl
« Reply #10 on: February 24, 2005, 07:30:03 AM »
oh, well damn...you're right phil.  the same thing happened with ps2s. -_-  oh well, i might still get it.

And PlayStation.

Yeah, I'm planning on doing the same thing as Phil, I did that with PSX when it first got dropped to $150 and it still works. I got a launch PS2 and I had to clean it about 8 times before it just stopped working. Now I have a new one and its modified though... so all is good.

I can't wait to get one though... some of the games look great.

Offline Final Saiyyan

• Addict
  • barges can own
« Reply #11 on: February 24, 2005, 09:53:56 AM »
the ds does not suck badly, and no thats not my opinion its fact.

FACT!

i wasn't turned on by either console, now matter how ,err ,''sexy'' its considered
ds is probably only clunkyテつ  for the japanese, as for the meaty paws of most westerners, its comfortable, and suprisingly, lightweight.テつ  :o

anyways, yeah the psp has got great graphics , but its line up is unappealing and unlike the ds it had nothing suprising to offer, "how aboutテつ  better graphics???11" you say? *yawn* that comes as standard with new consoles / handhelds, big deal.

sure the ds hasn't quite managed to top the psp's power, but the touch screen really adds to the gameplay, i couldnt imagine playing a handheld without it now, it would seem very......'backward'..0.0;;

(fps's + analog stick = suckage)

oh , and to clear up this vicious rumour about "THE DS'ES CONTROLLS R SEW SHITTIE< U CA'nt PLay METROD PROPearLE!!" balls, utter scrotom, the touch screen tops the analong stick , control is much , much easier.

its launch titles arent anything amazing, but they give a good taste of what the ds can really do.

this guy has the right idea;

http://ds.ign.com/articles/572/572189p1.html
« Last Edit: February 24, 2005, 10:00:14 AM by Final Saiyyan »

-
To me, clowns aren't funny. In fact, they're kind of scary. I've wondered where this started and I think it goes back to the time I went to the circus, and a clown killed my dad. - Jack Handy

Offline PastThe12thFret

• T3H KIN6 0F KR|_|NK!!1
  • Budding Addict
« Reply #12 on: February 24, 2005, 10:01:18 AM »
umm besides being able to play the most powerful games that DS can't handle, PSP can play movies, mp3s, and can display pictures.  all of these you can get straight off your computer via usb cable.

Offline Final Saiyyan

• Addict
  • barges can own
« Reply #13 on: February 24, 2005, 10:13:32 AM »
no shit??!?

wow, i've been a total 'tard, better haul my ass back to hong kong and get me a refund.

i thought i already stated that despite power, its rather uninteresting, look, if someone said to you two years ago, "hey, sony's making a new handheld , what do you think its gonna be like" i guarantee you a shit load would say, "er, yeah it'll be a gba-thing but with awesome graphics" thats the least people expect, the ds has managed to break away from the norm of slapping on better graphics and gave it something interestingテつ and new to work with.

i got a palm, its about 1/3 of the price of a psp, and it can play movies, mp3s, display pictures, play games, use bluetooth, has a touchscreen, gets updates everyday, has hundreds of thrid party developers making apps for it...blah blah blah,テつ dude thats a shit reason to fork over so much cash for a game console.
( and they come off usb cables from my comp too!! neat, huh??)

« Last Edit: February 24, 2005, 10:15:29 AM by Final Saiyyan »

-
To me, clowns aren't funny. In fact, they're kind of scary. I've wondered where this started and I think it goes back to the time I went to the circus, and a clown killed my dad. - Jack Handy

Offline PastThe12thFret

• T3H KIN6 0F KR|_|NK!!1
  • Budding Addict
« Reply #14 on: February 24, 2005, 10:23:40 AM »
well, all i can tell you is this.  look at ps2.  and look at gamecube.  sure, gamecube had some interesting games.  like 3 of them.  nintendo is full of good ideas but in the end they fail to harvest them totally.  i've played metroid for DS, and i just can't get used to the touchscreen.  idk, maybe i'm just an idiot, but all sony has done since psx is grown exponentially.  now that sony is in the handheld game along with their powerful hardware and innovative third party companies backing them, i see nintendo pulling a sega within the next 10 years and becoming a 3rd party developer for its main franchises like mario, zelda, and metroid.