Author Topic: The End MGS3  (Read 2102 times)

Offline Spike Spiegel

• Addict
The End MGS3
« on: February 23, 2005, 08:54:20 AM »
im having a hard time taking out The End on the PS2 game Metal Gear Solid 3: snake eater. if you have any hints or tips then give me a post.

Filippo Inzaghi is da man. Also, Italy is da man. AC Milan is also da man just as equally.

Offline Spike Spiegel

• Addict
Re: The End MGS3
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2005, 08:55:09 AM »
oops im signed on as my friend, wish hed sign off next time....

Filippo Inzaghi is da man. Also, Italy is da man. AC Milan is also da man just as equally.

Offline Vukasa

• Clean
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2005, 11:30:47 AM »
last spike spiegell comment was me.
my friend didnt log off in the library..
its me who needs the help.. on MGS3
To accomplish your ultimate goal is to find true happiness.

Offline clash

• Addict
  • You got beef?!
    • My Pulitzer Prize winning blog
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2005, 03:00:28 PM »
thermal goggles are your best bet. if you happen to shoot him once with the sniper rifle, you can shoot him i think 2 more times before he runs away if you're quick. also, if you want to not fight him at all, (though you'll be missing on of the coolest fights) save your game while fighting The End and turn it off, which puts the game into "sleep" mode. load the game up in a few days  and The End will have died from old age.

2PAC IS STILL ALIVE!!1124213132!!! FOTOGRAFIC PRUF!!LOL!2 http://www.xanga.com/home.aspx?user=FOOL_STREET_21

Offline PastThe12thFret

• T3H KIN6 0F KR|_|NK!!1
  • Budding Addict
  • I'm Ben. Stop asking who Ben is.
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2005, 04:10:53 PM »
LOL i never knew that...another way to do it is let him shoot you, then go to the cure screen and cure the dart thing.  then go to the map and it'll show you where he is.  you can sneak up behind him this way but you have to be careful that he doesn't get suspicious of what you're doing and move.  when you sneak up on him blast the hell out of him with something powerful like the shotgun or the machine gun.

Offline clash

• Addict
  • You got beef?!
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2005, 06:52:51 PM »
if you do what PastThe12thFret said, try doing a CQC throw on him. i've heard it takes out like half of his health, though i've never tried it myself.

2PAC IS STILL ALIVE!!1124213132!!! FOTOGRAFIC PRUF!!LOL!2 http://www.xanga.com/home.aspx?user=FOOL_STREET_21

Offline PastThe12thFret

• T3H KIN6 0F KR|_|NK!!1
  • Budding Addict
« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2005, 07:54:35 PM »
yeah, i never tried that, i didn't think about it.  i just figured blasting somebody with a shotgun would hurt them more than throwing them, but MGS games tend to throw in stuff like that.

by the way, you can call me ben, phil. :P

Offline Vukasa

• Clean
« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2005, 12:24:24 PM »
Thx for the help. I dont think ill be waiting that long for him to die because i want to beat him this weekend. ill try the throw. thx again
To accomplish your ultimate goal is to find true happiness.

Offline clash

• Addict
  • You got beef?!
« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2005, 02:25:02 PM »
by the way, you can call me ben, phil. :P

holy crap, lol, i didn't know that it was you. man, since when do you have that screen name?

Offline PastThe12thFret

• T3H KIN6 0F KR|_|NK!!1
  • Budding Addict
« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2005, 08:17:42 PM »
for a while now.  i got it a little after i stopped posting at yanime last time.

Offline JaisBane

• Slightly Buzzed
  • Alpha <3 Penor
« Reply #10 on: March 01, 2005, 09:42:26 AM »
Actually, your best friend in this battle is the directional mic, you just run into an area, bust that out, spin around slowly, and if he's there you'll hear breathing.  You can also use the thermal goggles to find his footsteps, but when he's not moving his body temp lowers so you'll never see him on the thermal.  I beat him the first time by sneaking up on him and blasting him with the shotgun, but if you sneak up on him and hold him up, then he will give you the moss camouflage.  Also, if you beat him without killing him, he'll give you the tranq sniper rifle.  Shooting him with the tranq and the cqc'ing him will take down almost a full stamina bar.  You can also do weird things, like put fruit in an area and surround it with claymores and he'll blow himself up when he's low on stamina.  Just don't let him find an open patch of sunlight, he'll quickly regain any stamina he lost.  Also, once he gets away from you, don't try to sneak up on him immediately.  Let him get away a little, or else he has a tendency to sneak up on you and hold you up.  If he ever takes you out like that, then you'll be sent to the brig at the research installation.  Also, the waterfall in the second area makes it hard to find him with the mic, but you can do it if you're dilligent.  It only takes me about 10min to beat him on extreme, now.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2005, 09:43:53 AM by JaisBane »
I scoff at your pathetic signatures!