Author Topic: Kimi no Iru Machi  (Read 12879 times)

Offline Asian_InvAsian

• Slightly Buzzed
  • "Trying" is said with the intention to fail.
Re: Kimi no Iru Machi
« Reply #75 on: March 13, 2011, 12:24:59 AM »
Can someone introduce me to a good manga? Because truthfully I'm getting a bit tired discussing the downfall of Kimi no Iru Machi, it had potential in the beginning but as of now -- not really my cup of tea. I think this stems from the problem that the author made this too unnecessarily complicated for my liking and just ruined the storyline.
A flower represents a man's life, hopes and dreams...they all wither away and die.

Offline Aoshi101

• Straight Jackets are the way of life
  • Anime ni Yamitsuki Staff
  • I'll work this team like dogs!
    • Honoo Shinobi Shrine
« Reply #76 on: March 13, 2011, 12:15:50 PM »
I can't really recommend a whole lot, but one I just got done catching up on was Liar Game. Pretty fun, though it does get a bit repetative as the story progresses. It's an ongoing series so you'll just have to google around.

Temp sig set from a long time ago, only until I get around to making a new one. Been ages.

Offline Asian_InvAsian

• Slightly Buzzed
« Reply #77 on: June 14, 2011, 09:24:51 PM »
I'm really not liking the direction this manga is going at the moment. I've basically come to hate nearly everything about this manga - the characters, the plot, the whole "Seo Kouji Experience" bullshit that he's trying to feed me. But...<3 Asuka. I just finished reading Chapter 139 and if this was Ichigo 100%, then Haruto would have: a) Grown a pair and b) Sneaked out of his house and did a little midnight rendezvous to apologize to Asuka (Remember how Junpei did that with Nishino during their trip in Kyoto? God I love that scene.)
« Last Edit: June 15, 2011, 04:30:23 AM by Asian_InvAsian »
A flower represents a man's life, hopes and dreams...they all wither away and die.

Offline Aoshi101

• Honoo Shinobi Shrine
« Reply #78 on: June 15, 2011, 11:04:36 AM »
I disagree, because the one thing that makes Ichigo 100% so great is because it has its own unique experience. Every manga should be different in its own way. I actually like this whole thing going on with Asuka because Seo has been hinting at it for the longest time. I'm glad he finally got off his ass and made it happen. I never felt like Asuka was that great of a character because she just never felt like she was a long term answer. Both Asuka and Haruto, I feel, used each other after the death of Kazama. They were just kinda being a crutch for each other to deal with the loss, plus HAruto had extra baggage of losing Eba at the time.

Temp sig set from a long time ago, only until I get around to making a new one. Been ages.

Offline Asian_InvAsian

• Slightly Buzzed
« Reply #79 on: June 16, 2011, 02:12:23 AM »
It's cruel, but true. I don't think anyone can deny that that's the truth of this situation. And how it will turn out, I think all of us can guess. I'm still hating Haruto though...what I don't get is that Haruto himself said that he doesn't have any feelings for Eba anymore, but now he's got some sudden realisation that he still loves her? It shouldn't really be a surprise to anyone, but I just hated how Seo Kouji executed it. He's basically just blatantly disregarding Haruto and Asuka's relationship for the past one and a half years that occurred during the time skip. It makes me think what's the point in the first place? Make Haruto date some random girl that he "supposedly" doesn't even have feelings for just so that he can move on from his failed relationship with Eba and then dump Asuka even though she's been so nice to him. Sure, you can say that his true love was and always has been Eba, but I find that hard to stomach to be honest.

Offline Aoshi101

• Honoo Shinobi Shrine
« Reply #80 on: June 16, 2011, 09:23:36 PM »
Haruto was hurt by Eba really bad when she just up and left him, then only to find out she went back to Tokyo to date Kazama. Top it all off that he finds this out AFTER he became good friends with Kazama. What takes the cake even more is that Kazama asks Haruto to take care of Asuka, only then to die soon afterwards. Being a loyal friend, Haruto goes to Asuka's side while still reeling from his own losses. No time to really recover, which stagnates the relationship between Haruto and Asuka. It took Haruto a year and a half to even make it a step further in their relationship which says alot about where Haruto's heart really is and how long it took for both Haruto and Asuka to recover from just Kazama's death.

At this point all that happened to the wound of Eba leaving Haruto was a bandaid and a scab, but it never really went away. Then when Eba showed up again, its like ripping it all off and making it fresh again. Then Eba confesses to him and he comes to the realization that he still loves her, which does make sense considering how he never really had motivation to proceed in a relationship with Asuka.

It's not that Seo Kouji is deliberately ignoring Asuka; you can tell in the way he has written her character that she wasn't meant to last too awful long. However after the most recent chapter, I've stopped myself short in my theory of Asuka only because the way she was represented in this chapter could potentially mean she is going to fight for Haruto, which means she is stepping out of that supporting character role, into the "second girl". Think Ichigo 100%, just in Seo Kouji's writing.

All in all, most of what I said is pure speculation that I've come up with or have talked/read about in discussions on other boards with other people. We also have to keep in mind what Seo Kouji said about this manga when it was started. This manga is suppose to be for the fans who wanted the secondary character to win in Suzuka, but never did. If we take that in the literal sense, it could very well mean Seo Kouji is going to have Asuka as the final girl. However, Asuka (technically) isn't the second girl to appear in this manga, she is the third. Arguably, the second one is Nanami (I say arguably because its hard to determine whether it was Nanami or Eba who came first). If Eba is put in the spotlight as the second girl, then Seo could really have meant that Eba is going to be the final girl.

As you can see I have way too much time on my hands  ;D

Offline Asian_InvAsian

• Slightly Buzzed
« Reply #81 on: June 17, 2011, 12:56:31 AM »
This manga is suppose to be for the fans who wanted the secondary character to win in Suzuka, but never did.

Did he actually say that? Most authors are tight-lipped about spoilers so early onwards. And I find it a bit vague tbh, by "secondary character" did he mean that as:
1. In a literal sense, i.e Asuka.
2. Or the "secondary character" that is carried over from Suzuka. What I mean is, does he want someone who looks like Honoka (i.e Eba) to be the final girl this time?

Offline Aoshi101

• Honoo Shinobi Shrine
« Reply #82 on: June 17, 2011, 05:25:32 AM »
If we take that in the literal sense, it could very well mean Seo Kouji is going to have Asuka as the final girl. However, Asuka (technically) isn't the second girl to appear in this manga, she is the third. Arguably, the second one is Nanami (I say arguably because its hard to determine whether it was Nanami or Eba who came first). If Eba is put in the spotlight as the second girl, then Seo could really have meant that Eba is going to be the final girl.

Offline Asian_InvAsian

• Slightly Buzzed
« Reply #83 on: June 17, 2011, 06:53:43 PM »
Woops, silly me  ;D

Offline Aoshi101

• Honoo Shinobi Shrine
« Reply #84 on: June 17, 2011, 07:04:19 PM »
 ;) no issues here

I'm really curious where its gonna go from here though. Honestly I wish Nanami was the chosen girl.

Offline Asian_InvAsian

• Slightly Buzzed
« Reply #85 on: June 17, 2011, 07:59:29 PM »
I wouldn't have minded if it was in an omnibus format like Amagami SS. That way, no fans are left angry thinking "What if..." and each heroine gets her own arc. I think author's should use the omnibus format more often, I'm not sure why they don't...but generally I think it's because of the time restraint. If you think about it, it takes a long time to develop the characters and their relationship with each other. So to produce a good quality romance manga for each and every single heroine, I would say about 5-6 volumes for each heroine, wouldn't you agree?

anything