Author Topic: *** SPOILERS *** Chapter 151 RAW discussion  (Read 8259 times)

Offline AmbiDextrose

• Budding Addict
Re: *** SPOILERS *** Chapter 151 RAW discussion
« Reply #30 on: April 07, 2005, 12:31:59 AM »
Like I said, they would have to have an exceptionally strong bond. Tsukasa would have to bear most of the emotional strain as she has to overcome more than three years of anxiety and uncertainty. Although things like e-mail, telephone calls, and videophones somewhat make up for the distance, nothing beats sitting next to the one you love- it's just the sense of security that you get knowing that they're nearby.

Very true, sitting next to the one you love has a great calming effect.

And on top of this, Tsukasa has to overcome the emotional strain in a foreign country in which she has to adjust to a new culture and language far away from the one she loves (i.e. she is physically alone). Plus, she has to put up with her studies which is given in a foreign language for at least a year. Those are major strains to a long distance relationship.

Well, we are assuming Tsukasa still plans to study abroad. I guess we'll see in the next chapter (or chapters) if this is the case or not.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2005, 12:39:47 AM by AmbiDextrose »

Offline Ariel

• Clean
  • Hi.
« Reply #31 on: April 07, 2005, 01:22:08 AM »
She went on a vacation to Paris with her family didn't she? I remember that being mentioned because that's when she decided to study there to become a patissier (I think).

Anyway, if she did vacation in Paris she should have some knowledge of the culture and language, but most likely not enough to stay for long periods of time. If Tsukasa and Junpei end up together, she could stay another year in Japan to spend time with him and perfect her French. It'd be a great way for them to become closer and not be completely unbelievable.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2005, 01:22:31 AM by ilal2ielli »

Offline Grahf

• Seeker of Power
  • Budding Addict
  • HNIC
« Reply #32 on: April 07, 2005, 06:04:07 AM »
hmm I haven't posted in awhile. wow I missed some good discussions. :(  aaaa weeelll

G-thugin it up.

Offline AmbiDextrose

• Budding Addict
« Reply #33 on: April 07, 2005, 10:57:05 PM »
Truth be told, I'd rather have Tsukasa end up with Higure-san (the pastry chef). Even Ookusa is a step up from Manaka but between Higure-san and Ookusa, I'd pick Higure-san because he's sensitive and mature- just the traits Tsukasa is desperately hoping for in Junpei. Plus, they share a common goal to boot:

1) He shares the same interests as Tsukasa and is in a position to actually help her reach her dream.

2) He's a very sensitive and protective person, as evidenced by him empathizing with Junpei when he was almost roughed-up by a couple of guys for bumping them. He also took the time to help Junpei look for his change. I think this is very important for Tsukasa because it allows her to be dependent on someone else. Tsukasa has been doing all the work in her relationship with Junpei. It would be nice if there was a guy who paid attention to her needs and feelings for a change.

3) He's very humble- notice when Tsukasa praises him for his skills (in her house, same chapter), he tries to "keep it real", which embarrases Tsukasa and converts Junpei into a fan.

4) He seems to have some feelings for Tsukasa. Notice that Higure-san, an award-winning pastry chef who works in France and has a pastry shop in Japan, went to Tsukasa's house to personally critique her baking and show her some pointers. Of course, it may just play into him being humbe, sensitive, and junt being a nice guy, however, I don't think this is the case.

5) Being older, he is also more mature (than Ookusa) and is in a better position to lead Tsukasa in a relationship. Tsukasa trusts Higure-san unlike Ookusa (this was shown during the last frames of ch98 when Tsukasa comments that she thought Ookusa was the least trustworthy of her friends) although this might change in a future chapter.

6) Tsukasa hinted that although there was nothing between her and Higure-san at that point, she couldn't guarantee that it won't change in the future (and that she actually thought about it). I think this fact is more important than any other 'symbolism' that other members seem to be keen on.

7) It's quite obvious that Tsukasa admires (or even has a crush) on Higure-san because she spoke about him quite often when Tsukasa invited Junpei over to taste her cake.

(P.S.- I tried to keep untranslated chapters out of this)

Junpei is a dreamer at heart (and so is Aya) while Tsukasa is a more practical person. Once they've gone through the initial euphoria (of becoming a couple) they would have to work very hard and a lot of compromises would be made in order to keep the relationship going. I'm not saying it won't work (most don't because of the disparity in personal values and priorities) but it will be very difficult with a long adjustment period.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2005, 11:14:15 PM by AmbiDextrose »

Offline Ariel

• Clean
  • Hi.
« Reply #34 on: April 08, 2005, 09:33:56 PM »
If/when Tsukasa and Junpei finally end their relationship, I wouldn't have a problem with her ending up with Higure. He's basically there for us to see that Tsukasa has someone if she wasn't able to work out her relationship with Junpei. Higure is basically Tsukasa's Satsuki, but not at all aggressive. The only thing that might, but most likely not at all, matter is that I'd say he's at least 10 years older. Tsukasa barely turned 17, didn't she? And for Higure to be a world class pastry chef, he must have had plenty of schooling, so I'd assume he's in his late 20s, early 30s.

Offline AmbiDextrose

• Budding Addict
« Reply #35 on: April 08, 2005, 09:42:22 PM »
I think Tsukasa was already 18 by the time Chapter 145+ rolled in. I don't think it's fair to compare Higure-san to Satsuki- basically, he has more class. He only asked Tsukasa once if she'd marry him. She said she was already with someone she liked and he didn't prusue the matter any further. Lastly, I don't think age gaps matter much in Japan- what with the age of consent (for sex) being 13 years old (both boys and girls). As an example, Utada Hikaru's (the J-Pop singer) husband is at least ten years older than she is.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2005, 10:08:17 PM by AmbiDextrose »

Offline Ariel

• Clean
  • Hi.
« Reply #36 on: April 08, 2005, 10:02:49 PM »
Well, I only skimmed the spoiler posts for the chapters after 115, so I didn't see any mention of her age now. Anyway, when I said Higure is basically Tsukasa's Satsuki, what I meant was, the person that Tsukasa has lots in common with, the way Junpei and Satsuki have a lot of the same interests. Of course Satsuki doesn't compare to Higure... as soon as she started going after Junpei super aggressively, I lost a lot of my interest in her.

Regarding the age gaps, I just wanted to point that out, but I know it doesn't make much difference. Love is love, no matter the age difference. Interesting tidbit about the age of consent though, as it makes a lot of the loli fantasies I see in anime make a lot more sense.

Offline Grahf

• Seeker of Power
  • Budding Addict
  • HNIC
« Reply #37 on: April 09, 2005, 07:04:05 PM »
Well, I only skimmed the spoiler posts for the chapters after 115, so I didn't see any mention of her age now. Anyway, when I said Higure is basically Tsukasa's Satsuki, what I meant was, the person that Tsukasa has lots in common with, the way Junpei and Satsuki have a lot of the same interests. Of course Satsuki doesn't compare to Higure... as soon as she started going after Junpei super aggressively, I lost a lot of my interest in her.

I think you're confusing interest and dreams.  Tsukasa has a dream to go to France to learn tricks of the trade.  Satsuki has alot in common with Junpei but they don't have the same dream.

G-thugin it up.

Offline Ariel

• Clean
  • Hi.
« Reply #38 on: April 09, 2005, 07:49:15 PM »
I think you're confusing interest and dreams. Tsukasa has a dream to go to France to learn tricks of the trade. Satsuki has alot in common with Junpei but they don't have the same dream.

I'm comparing Higure to Satsuki... not Tsukasa to Satsuki and nowhere did I mention dreams in that post.

Higure and Satsuki are somewhat similar in what they are for Tsukasa and Junpei. Higure and Tsukasa have many things in common (love of pastry making, maturity, etc). This is similar to how Satsuki and Junpei have common tastes in what entertainment they enjoy, which makes each pair quite compatible if they were ever to become couples.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2005, 07:50:29 PM by Ariel »

Offline Grahf

• Seeker of Power
  • Budding Addict
  • HNIC
« Reply #39 on: April 09, 2005, 08:59:53 PM »
Higure and Satsuki are somewhat similar in what they are for Tsukasa and Junpei. Higure and Tsukasa have many things in common (love of pastry making, maturity, etc). This is similar to how Satsuki and Junpei have common tastes in what entertainment they enjoy, which makes each pair quite compatible if they were ever to become couples.

I see Tsukasa's love for pastry making and going to france as a part of her dream.  Not just her interest but that is her dream that is what she wants to do and Higure shares that in the fact that he is actually living it.  Junpei and Satsuki yes they have the same interest in comedy shows and whatever else, but they don't share the same dream.  From what I last remember Sats wanted no part of college.  They're compatible but there are differnces between the two.

btw I never said you were comparing the girls. XD
« Last Edit: April 09, 2005, 09:00:42 PM by Grahf »

G-thugin it up.

Offline Ariel

• Clean
  • Hi.
« Reply #40 on: April 09, 2005, 10:48:09 PM »
The way you worded your post makes it seem like you were trying to say that I was comparing dreams between the pairs, and comparing Tsukasa to Satsuki. Just like I said in the other post, I did not mention dreams anywhere.

Anyway, Higure is living his dream and Tsukasa is striving for it, but their interests are still the same, which is what I was comparing. In the end, both pairs are similar in that they both have common interests.