Author Topic: *** SPOILERS *** Chapter 151 RAW discussion  (Read 8265 times)

Offline AmbiDextrose

• Budding Addict
*** SPOILERS *** Chapter 151 RAW discussion
« on: April 01, 2005, 05:48:23 PM »
Well, it's about that time again. Anyway, this issue kind of leaves off with a cliffhanger- will Tsukasa finally break away from Junpei, or will she keep pressing on? There was a moment in the final pages where I tought she gave Junpei his freedom (hanashite) but I haven't translated Junpei's response that launched Tsukasa's monologue. It seems that Aya's brother is also aware of his big sister's predicament- they initially talk about the movie but Shotaro soon sees the message within the movie. He also tells Aya that he's knows that she has likes a guy since her middleschool years and now he's met him. His last words to Aya in this chapter went something like "Sis, it's/you're (going to be) a disaster."

During thr initial pages, we see Junpei mistake Aya's brother as her boyfriend by Aya quickly rectifies the situation and properly introduces her brother. You don't need to be able to read Nihongo to see that Junpei was VISIBLY releived to learn this.

Aya and her brother go to see the Movie Club's film while Junpei and Tsukasa continue to walk around the Culture Festival. We also get a glance at the peice of paper in Aya's shoe locker but we don't get to see the number (still haven't translated that page so I don't know if Aya just ignored it, didn't notice it, or just didn't have the chance to open it). Also, Kozue and her friend (forgot her name) visit the Culture Festival to view the film. They meet up with Aya's brother and she introduces him (I'd like to know what Kozue's reaction to Aya's brother was, to be honest).

Manwhile, Chinami makes a cameo appearance while Junpei and Tsukasa are wandering around. Her number (0666) was really hilarious. As Junpei and Tsukasa go around the festival, the mood takes a darker tone and we have Tsukasa's monologue:

doshite ano eiga misenai tsute omoera no ka
 why does that movie not show (the truth / what's likely)?

ano eiga no tojo-san honto ni junpei-kun no koto suki mitai datta
 that movie resembles tojo-san's true feelings for junpei-kun.

sakki tojo-san to atte toki mo. atashi no te patte hanashite
 running into tojo-san earlier. I'm handing your freedom (this is a guess becasue the katakana pa(tsu)tte is kind of difficult to desipher).

jaa doshite
 well then, what for?

tojo-san bunkasai ni sasotsu tano ga ototo-san tsute wakatte
  when we separated, toujou-san invited her younger brother to enjoy the culture festival.

junpei-kun hotsu toshite tano. . . .
  junpei-kun, I enjoyed walking around (with you).

. . . dano da. gomen umaku waraetai
  it's useless. excuse me for laughing.

mae mitai ni fuan na kimochi de tsukiau no wa iya
  lately, i've been feeling uneasy.

anata omoi mou ajiwai taku omo tsute tano ni. tano ni. . . . (this one is a tough nut to crack)
  Your feelings (for me) will again change but I enjoyed it. I enjoyed it.

atashi bakadane
  i'm an idiot/i'm so stupid (again, not sure about the translation)

junpei-kun no kotoga doshiyomokai kurai. . . .
  junpei-kun, this unpleasant circumstance cannot be helped. . . .

JaisBane and iodoethane, please feel free to corrent my inadequate Nihingo (Oh, and another Nihingo lesson if you could :D).
« Last Edit: April 01, 2005, 05:49:22 PM by AmbiDextrose »

Offline Grahf

• Seeker of Power
  • Budding Addict
  • HNIC
Re: *** SPOILERS *** Chapter 151 RAW discussion
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2005, 08:03:42 PM »
I really don't see Junpei admitting his feelings just yet.  Maybe Aya could admit to her brother but I could see Junpei trying to laugh his way out.  Wouldn't it be great if Kozue jumps up and confronts Junpei?

G-thugin it up.

Offline FinalShowdown

• Clean
    • Pic page
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2005, 11:19:18 PM »
not gonna comment on the translations as some of them are a tad confuseing, so im sure someone else could do a better job, but I will say that you spelled some of them wrong. 

anyway quite the depressing chapter, I guess its a double edged sword though, the drama sucks as you want your fave character to just live a happy life, but at the same time chances of someone buying something with out any drama is pretty low. so the drama keeps it going shrug....
« Last Edit: April 01, 2005, 11:21:14 PM by FinalShowdown »

Offline lvmhung

• Clean
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2005, 11:48:55 PM »
poor tsukasa T_T . I dont wanna see her heart broken again  :'(

Offline lum

• Clean
  • Hxh Rules
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2005, 07:09:48 AM »
wow, after this chapter, it really does seem to be coming to an end. wif the 3 main girls (aya, tsukasa, (the girl he met from tutoring classes)<- forgot her name) being confronted at this carnival, where tsukasa's basically saying choose me or choose aya, and then the 3rd girl realising aya likes manaka. dyamn that was a gd chapter. i personally belief manaka is gonna say sorry to tsukasa, by his expression on his face in the last panel.
sigh, long live ichigo

Offline Ban Sama

• Clean
  • Shinmeiryuu Dojo
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2005, 08:48:06 AM »
Thanks for the translations.. i feel kinda sorry for Tsukasa... i was rooting for her from the start but it looks like were nearing the end of the manga and my gut tells me that he's gonna pick Aya.  Maybe Kawashita-sensei will release 2 versions of the final chapter where manaka ends up with Aya or Tsukasa hehehehe

Offline AmbiDextrose

• Budding Addict
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2005, 11:28:19 AM »
not gonna comment on the translations as some of them are a tad confuseing, so im sure someone else could do a better job, but I will say that you spelled some of them wrong. 

anyway quite the depressing chapter, I guess its a double edged sword though, the drama sucks as you want your fave character to just live a happy life, but at the same time chances of someone buying something with out any drama is pretty low. so the drama keeps it going shrug....

Offhand, if you are going to tell me that some of the spellings are incorrect but not offer any suggestions, better not post anything at all.

I do have a question, though: what does 'tsute', when used as it's own word, mean? I've heard it's a manner of speaking and doesn't really alter the structure or tense of a word/sentence but I'd like to hear other people's opinion(s).
« Last Edit: April 02, 2005, 11:35:06 AM by AmbiDextrose »

Offline FinalShowdown

• Clean
    • Pic page
« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2005, 12:05:26 PM »
Well why dont you use it as practice? Your the one thats said youve only been studying for a month or so. And if your spellign things wrong why dont you use it as practice and re-read the manga and fix your mistakes and learn from them instead of being spoon fed it.

Offline Grahf

• Seeker of Power
  • Budding Addict
  • HNIC
« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2005, 06:14:27 PM »
thanks for being helpful Showdown.  ::) Ambi you're doing a good job.  Last time I checked doing what your doing counts as practice.

G-thugin it up.

Offline FinalShowdown

• Clean
    • Pic page
« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2005, 07:21:10 PM »
lol why have I become the bad guy here? lol Theres a difference between him asking like what things means and asking people to teach him and then spelling things wrong. Unlike saying teaching him say grammer type lessons, you cant teach someone how to spell correctly really you get that with practice. He spelled things wrong in the other thread and he spelled somethings wrong here to. Plus by spelling things wrong he gets totaly wrong words lets look at one example.

anata omoi mou ajiwai taku omo tsute tano ni. tano ni. . . .

heres what IS said.

anna omoi mou ajiwai takunaitte omotteta  noni....nanoni

Thats a fair amount different then what he wrote.

if you want my translation on it(not that im good or anything, and then again im sucha bad guy so maybe you should look over it, my loose translation would be)

"In spite of this(this acctualy I guess should go at the end.. but i dunno how to make it make sence at the end with out adding a lot to it like... in spite of all this you hurt my feelings again. Or if it was at the end you may as well lead it to the next sentence which you could take as if you put this all togther with the bubble after words. I didnt watn to taste those kind of thoughts again, but in spite of that(then next page)im a idoit. arent I?), I didnt want to taste those kind of thoughts again."

Taste acctualy being flavor but whatever, the sentence is suppose to be "deep" lol.

I dont see why your getting so arguementative. I mean im not trying to be mean or act like im super good or anything, but if hes only been practiceing for a month whatever happend to crawl before you walk or anything. If he made that many spelling mistakes just in one sentence, isnt it more benificial for him to go over the sentence so he can learn the characters better himself? How is me telling him going to make him learn it next time. Plus hes asking for people to translate stuff wouldnt it be better if they were more correct so people wouldnt end up telling him something not exactly right?

Anyway im not acting like everything is all wrong or anything I was acctualy trying to help, but i guess if you want to make me the bad guy and act cool I guess theres not much i can do.

EDIT: put a bubble on teh translation cuz it might be confuseing
« Last Edit: April 02, 2005, 08:59:50 PM by FinalShowdown »

Offline weeguy

• Clean
« Reply #10 on: April 02, 2005, 08:33:47 PM »
well, i've just read the chinese translations for 151. so i guess i could help out if you guys need any parts of it to be explained.. although i can't be sure whether it's accurate..

chinese translations: http://download.uxcn.com:8080/downsoft0403sdfrefrefevsd/dm/comic/0403/caomei151.rar

anyway, it seems likely that tsukasa will break up with junpei in the next chapter.. and maybe aya would come to know about junpei's feelings for her through kozue and the friend who were eavesdropping at the side (well, maybe not, but there's certainly a reason why the author placed them there)

anyone remember the toy bear that tsukasa was trying so hard to win but failed? was wondering whether junpei might go on to win it for her..

and also, couldnt' help but wonder whether chinami's number was 9990 instead..  :) although that wouldn't make any difference to the story.

anyway, here's my own translation of tsukasa's monolouge, since it's a little different from AmbiDextrose's.

(scene showing tsukasa's back)

Tsukasa: Why do you think that I would want to watch the film?
Junpei: ...
Tsukasa: In the film, Aya's feelings for Junpei seems to be real...
Junpei: When did Tsukasa watch...
Tsukasa: When Junpei saw Aya just now, you let go of my hand right away.
Junpei: That's because.. I just felt awkward and that doesn't mean anything..
Tsukasa: Then why is it that..
Tsukasa: when you knew that Tsukasa came to the festival with her brother..
Tsukasa: you were visibly relieved?
Junpei: ...
Tsukasa: I can't... I'm sorry.. but I can't force myself to smile anymore..

(Scene switches to Aya and brother)

Tsukasa: I don't wish to be accompanied by this sense of insecurity any longer. (this line sounds a little weird but that's the best i could make out of it)
Tsukasa: I don't wish to experience that feeling again.. all along,
Tsukasa: I've been so stupid.
Tsukasa: I just couldn't help myself when it comes to issues concerning Junpei-kun.

(back to Aya and brother)

« Last Edit: April 02, 2005, 10:31:15 PM by weeguy »

Offline lvmhung

• Clean
« Reply #11 on: April 02, 2005, 10:25:51 PM »
hope in next chapter, junpei will decide that tsukasa is the one he love the most and he should forget aya.
Junpei is dumped >_< , he should know that Tsukasa is the one who suffer the most pain  :'(  :'(

Offline AmbiDextrose

• Budding Addict
« Reply #12 on: April 03, 2005, 12:24:14 AM »
Okay. Here's my second attempt at translating Tsukasa's dialougue:

doushite ano eiga misenai tsute omo era no
 "why do you think i want to watch(view) that movie?"

ano eiga no tojo-san hontou ni junpei-kun no koto suki mitai datta
 "in that movie, tojo-san's feelings for junpei-kun seemed real."

sakki tojo-san to atte toki mo. atashi no te patsu te hanashite
 "when we ran into tojo-san, at that moment, you let go of my hand"

jaa doshite
 "well then, what for?"

tojo-san bunkasai ni sasotta no ga ototo-san tsute wakatte
 "when you realized tojo-san invited her younger brother to the culture festival"

junpei-kun hotto shite ta no. . . .
 junpei-kun felt relieved, right?

. . . dano da. gomen umaku waraetai
 (this is puzzling: umaku means 'skillfully', or 'cleverly' while waraetai could mean 'to want to smile')
 ". . . it's useless. excuse me for the fake smile."
 ". . . it's useless. excuse me. i can't smile anymore."

(this is also another puzzle: fuan means 'insecurity/anxiety')
 "lately, i've been feeling uneasy (insecure/anxious)."

anata omoi mou ajiwai takunaitte omotteta noni. nanoni
 (oi, this was a real head-splitter)
 "you've hurt my feelings again- i don't want to go though this anymore. in spite of this. . ."

atashi bakadane
 "i'm an idiot/i'm so stupid (again, not sure about the translation)"

(doshiyomokai means 'it cannot be helped' or 'there is no other way')
 "it can't be helped when it's junpei-kun's circumstance. . . ."
 "i can't help it when it's junpei-kun's circumstance. . . ."
 "i can't help it when it concerns junpei-kun . . ."

I'll add Aya and her brother's conversation later on but all it is just Shotaro confronting Aya about the guy she's liked since middle-school.

FinalShowdown,

You're missing the point. You don't have to translate it for me- that would defeat my purpose. Instead, you could have pointed out which sentence I needed to review and left it at that. I would've been quite happy with that response.

EDIT:

Whoah! Thanks for the translation, weeguy! It looks like I got most of the ideas correctly. Now, to do it faster. . . . Oh, and i doubt Junpei could just forget about Aya- he's with Tsukasa now but Aya still has a pronounced effect on him.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2005, 08:18:50 AM by AmbiDextrose »

Offline _yeah

• Clean
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #13 on: April 03, 2005, 08:35:25 AM »
Okay, you REALLY need to work on transcribing correctly, first. If the first step is wrong, then everything following it will also be wrong.

Watch out for the small tsu. When text is printed vertically like in manga, it might not be as obvious, but it's "tte", not "tsute".

doushite ano eiga misenai tsute omo era no
 "why do you think i want to watch that movie?"
doushite ano eiga misetai tte omoeru no

miseru = to show something to somebody
misetai = to want to show something to somebody

omou = to think
omoeru = to be caused to think

"Why do you want to show me that movie that badly?"

ano eiga no tojo-san hontou ni junpei-kun no koto suki mitai datta
 "in that movie, tojo-san's feelings for junpei-kun seemed real."
The Toujou-san in that movie really seemed to to love you.

sakki tojo-san to atte toki mo. atashi no te patsu te hanashite
 "when we ran into tojo-san, at that moment, you let go of my hand"
sakki tojo-san to atte toki mo. atashi no te pa tte hanashite

And when we ran into Toujou-san earlier, also, you let go of my hand with a "pa".

jaa doshite
 "well then, what for?"

tojo-san bunkasai ni sasotta no ga ototo-san tsute wakatte
 "when you realized tojo-san invited her younger brother to the culture festival"
tojo-san bunkasai ni sasotta no ga ototo-san tte wakatte

should be:
When you realized that the person Toujou-san brought to the culture festival was her brother.

junpei-kun hotto shite ta no. . . .
 junpei-kun felt relieved, right?

. . . dano da. gomen umaku waraeta.
 (this is puzzling: umaku means 'skillfully', or 'cleverly' while waraetai could mean 'to want to smile')
 ". . . it's useless. excuse me for the fake smile."
 ". . . it's useless. excuse me. i can't smile anymore."
. . . dame da. gomen, umaku waraenai

You seemed to have guessed the idea correctly despite the incorrect romanization, though. o_O

(this is also another puzzle: fuan means 'insecurity/anxiety')
 "lately, i've been feeling uneasy (insecure/anxious)."
Wow! A correct romanization! >_> Translation still isn't right though, sorry.

mae mitai = like before
fuan na kimochi de tsukiau = to go out while feeling uneasy all the time

"I don't want to be in a relationship where I feel uneasy all the time again."

anata omoi mou ajiwai takunaitte omotteta noni. nanoni
 (oi, this was a real head-splitter)
 "you've hurt my feelings again- i don't want to go though this anymore. in spite of this. . ."
anna omoi mou ajiwaitakunai tte omotteta noni. nanoni

anna = that sort of
ajiwatakunai = to no longer want to taste/experience
tte omotteta = to have thought (past tense) the preceding

I thought that I no longer wanted to taste/experience thoughts like that once again, and yet... and yet...

atashi bakadane
 "i'm an idiot/i'm so stupid (again, not sure about the translation)"

(doshiyomokai means 'it cannot be helped' or 'there is no other way')
 "it can't be helped when it's junpei-kun's circumstance. . . ."
 "i can't help it when it's junpei-kun's circumstance. . . ."
 "i can't help it when it concerns junpei-kun . . ."
junpei-kun no koto ga doushiyoumonai kurai. . . .

my own interpretation would be
"I don't even know what to do with you any more."

Offline AmbiDextrose

• Budding Addict
« Reply #14 on: April 03, 2005, 08:55:21 AM »
You seemed to have guessed the idea correctly despite the incorrect romanization, though. o_O

It's all in the typing. Seriously, when I look in my notes (I transcribe using pen and paper, translate it, then type it up), everything's fine but when I sit down to type it, I think I get confused with my own handwritting. I amy also need to organize my notes a let better to avoid confising myself. Also, I'm more concious of the kanji. I try to interpret the kanji first then see if the next characters relate to it (conjugatively) because the word will usually revolve around the kanji's meaning.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2005, 08:59:53 AM by AmbiDextrose »

anything