Author Topic: Final Fantasy 7 (Advent Children)  (Read 16087 times)

Offline xrelm

• Clean
  • I am back, and once again i'll bet i'll be deleted
Re: Final Fantasy 7 (Advent Children)
« Reply #15 on: December 17, 2004, 01:09:58 AM »
yo, someone send me a link, i must watch FF7!!!!

Offline Cgoten

• Hmm....
  • Addict
  • Hmm....
    • Yanime
« Reply #16 on: December 22, 2004, 09:02:38 AM »
Just search for "FFVII: Advent Children" on google and the first thing that should come up is the official site. They have all 3 trailers on there.

Offline Dakar

• Budding Addict
  • I'm no damn freak I'm a Final Fantasy Fanatic.
    • A World of Poetry
« Reply #17 on: January 05, 2005, 12:44:04 PM »
i think its coming out sometime in summer. I WANT TO SEE IT SO BAD!
The world is not enough for one man.... I want more!!!

Offline Fiendish_Hellion

• Clean
  • "To take on this fiend is to take on hell itself"
« Reply #18 on: June 06, 2005, 06:24:11 PM »
The whole reason they're making a movie for FF7 in the first place is because after FF7 came out and all the fans of FF played it. THey started complaining about how the storyline was unfinished and they wanted to learn more about what happened afterwards. THey made such a huge fuss about it that Square enix decided to make that movie for them. They have just been doing that all these years that's all.

Edit: I just looked at the site information on the movie. And it says it comes out on DVD September 14, 2005. Hopefully my Japanese date reading is still up to date, if it is then that date is very much correct.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2005, 06:29:20 PM by Fiendish_Hellion »

Offline Jammer

• Slightly Buzzed
  • _crappy overly long series_ HAHA
« Reply #19 on: June 06, 2005, 07:45:17 PM »
Nah. The real reason why they're making Advent Children is because SE loves churning out the same old bullshit every year because they're the epitomy of corporate videogame industry greed and evil. The fans loves rehashes, so they give it to them. Yay!
As the universe expands, I contemplate whether it was God or the Big Bang that made man...

Offline Fiendish_Hellion

• Clean
  • "To take on this fiend is to take on hell itself"
« Reply #20 on: June 12, 2005, 01:10:45 PM »
Nah. The real reason why they're making Advent Children is because SE loves churning out the same old bullshit every year because they're the epitomy of corporate videogame industry greed and evil. The fans loves rehashes, so they give it to them. Yay!

Actually what I said was true, they had did a whole interview on x-play with SE and they said that exact same thing that's why I wrote it down. And besides, greed and evil is in everyone, so don't be so quick to judge.

Offline Jammer

• Slightly Buzzed
« Reply #21 on: June 13, 2005, 05:04:50 PM »
Shut up.
As the universe expands, I contemplate whether it was God or the Big Bang that made man...

Offline eminent

• Slightly Buzzed
  • Sexy Commando
    • ozbb
« Reply #22 on: June 13, 2005, 07:12:47 PM »
It's the same fucking thing, you two.
Forget drugs and alcohol... I am now very, very mellow.

Offline Jammer

• Slightly Buzzed
« Reply #23 on: June 14, 2005, 03:22:27 PM »
Exactly.

And besides, greed and evil is in everyone, so don't be so quick to judge.

And where'd you get that from? Gandalf? Some kind of relativist/twee intellectual, obviously.

Offline clash

• Addict
  • You got beef?!
    • My Pulitzer Prize winning blog
« Reply #24 on: June 15, 2005, 03:35:41 PM »
well, they're obviously not gonna make it for non-profit, but there are much easier ways to make money than to make a movie of this scale. do you have any idea how much time it takes to make high poly 3D models? they have to make one high resolution model for every character, weapon, and environment, and then they have to texture everything with super high-resolution textures, and after that they have to animate everything in order to make a movie. not only that, but they had to write a story, hire voice actors, edit all the audio, do motion capture, and much more. so no, it's not just a "rehash."
« Last Edit: June 15, 2005, 03:36:42 PM by clash »

2PAC IS STILL ALIVE!!1124213132!!! FOTOGRAFIC PRUF!!LOL!2 http://www.xanga.com/home.aspx?user=FOOL_STREET_21

Offline Jammer

• Slightly Buzzed
« Reply #25 on: June 15, 2005, 04:39:47 PM »
A rehash is something brought forth again in another form without significant alteration. FF7 was a videogame, designed by computers. Advent Children is the FF7 world and characters brought forth again in another form [film] without significant alteration, designed by computers.

So yeah, it is just a "rehash."

Offline Zellgadus

• needs anger management
  • Slightly Buzzed
  • Look me up at #White_base and #Zg-fansubs at Rizon
« Reply #26 on: June 17, 2005, 11:39:15 AM »
Jammer I think you have some problems understanding...
I'll quote your own words okey :D
A rehash is something brought forth again in another form without significant alteration.

Advent Children takes place in a totally different setting. It's been 2 years since the war. People died. The planet must have been in complete chaos. The goal of those people isn't the same. I think that there is more here than an insignificant alteration.... Don't you think...

All this to say you are wrong and Clash is right.

~It is in the Human conciousness to fight. Therefore Life is like an endless waltz. The three beats of War, Peace and revolution will repeat endlessly in the Opera of Life~

Offline Jammer

• Slightly Buzzed
« Reply #27 on: June 17, 2005, 03:15:44 PM »
Okey  :D

Advent Children takes place in the same world. Although it has changed, it has the same characters (with some modifications!), the same villain (omg thought he was dead), and the same world (though now post-apocalyptic, how original for Square). It's not in a totally different setting. It's in the same world, with the same archetypal, one-dimensional, boring heroes. SE can't change FF7 so significantly as to cause fans to bitch for the rest of time in the darkness of the internet. It knows it has to stay true to its roots. It'll probably move away from passé-cyberpunk, throw in some delicious character tidbits, nostalgic reveries to old locations, layering it with the foreground experience of noticing references to events before the narrative (That Which Is No Longer The Way It Was).

But honestly, it might be good movie (I'll see it for sure) but you have to admit that mighty SE, with its reputation for vomiting rehashes upon the hoi polloi will probably not make this much different. They're doing it just to cash in from the FF7-fans who consider the game to be a divine piece of art. They're a business, after all, one of the biggest in the industry, and businesses like making money. Advent Children will tap into the rich vein of disgruntled fans who still stubbornly worship FF7 as the epitome of gaming.

All I have to say is Me > Cloud.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2005, 02:42:03 PM by Jammer »

Offline Denkogami

• Clean
  • How to live a noble life in the age of insanity
« Reply #28 on: June 18, 2005, 02:28:49 PM »
Meh. CG movies. Blah. Not much point in watching.

I guess it'll take awhile before people realize that movies made from Video Games suck and Wing Commander is their leader (that movie is fucking hilarious).

I agree 100% with Jammer on the re-hash issue, most SE games are incredibly similar. Why are they so popular? Because SE is so damn good at making us believe that what we are playing is new and original (well, they ARE pioneers in a sense).

But then again, the whole video game industry is like that. Which is why we have a third Splinter Cell (and the story still makes NO SENSE) (I swear, they could make that series go on forever, and no one will realize what's up) a sports game for each year (now a year earlier, so you can win the next Super Bowl before anyone's even thought about it) with only minor upgrades that'll make PSM and OPM give it.... TOP MARKS!!!
You could hear all of Eden hold its breath
On this the anniversary of wonder’s death
Unholy occasion what a terrible mess
Oh it's time for a new dress

Offline Sean

• Clean
« Reply #29 on: September 14, 2005, 11:04:00 AM »
Hmmm... On another note has anyone seen Advent Childern yet? They leaked it and i saw it. I say the action and cg is awesome but the story is sorta confusing and such... maybe cause the guy who wrote the subs did some parts wroung or whatnot ><

http://slashdot.org/palm/10/05/09/11/192246_1.shtml