Author Topic: Hero  (Read 5494 times)

Cherry

Hero
« on: August 07, 2004, 02:33:09 PM »
I just saw a commercial on this movie. Jet Li is in it!!! it looks soooooo cool. now this is the kind of movie im so into , so i'll definetly go see it. i cant wait for it to come out!

Uzumaki

Re:Hero
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2004, 12:42:28 AM »
Yea, Jet is by far my favorite Asian actor out there. It's been a while since he's stared in a movie so I'm real excited about this as well.

Waya475

« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2004, 09:38:04 AM »
I thought there was a thread on this, but I guess not.  

All I know is, I don't want Tarantino touching it, but he did.  I will download the HK version somewhere.

Offline ZeroRyoko1974

• Ryoko Groupie
  • Budding Addict
  • Meatball Sandwich Anybody?
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2004, 09:48:27 AM »
Quintin is the guy who convinced Miramax to release this film uncut.  Its a great film, posisbly one of his best all time . Very much like crouching tiger hidden dragon.  I own the "international" DVD version, great film, I very much plan on seeing it in the theater
Now Watching: 

Waya475

« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2004, 10:10:38 AM »
Ok, someone said he is making cuts and stuff.  Thats good.

Offline Judau

• Still here...
  • Seriously Addicted
  • WOT
    • https://www.facebook.com/peter.sohl
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2004, 09:45:28 PM »
I thought there was a thread on this, but I guess not.  

All I know is, I don't want Tarantino touching it, but he did.  I will download the HK version somewhere.

That was in the "Who is your favorite martial artist?" thread.

And ZR'74, I assume that will just be a DVD release? As of a few months ago, I believe he was still going to be cutting it to his liking for the theatrical release.

Cherry

Re: Hero
« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2004, 09:28:50 AM »
I saw it last night...there's like...not enough words to describe how beautiful it was...its BREATHTAKINGLY beautiful!! it's a masterpiece its just..soooo gooood >.< Hero is now my number one favorite movie of all time. its so seriously good. And the girl actresses were stuningly beautiful too.The fight scenes were awesome. you MUST go see it..MUST!

HERO........... :-*

Offline klod

• Clean
« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2004, 11:36:18 AM »
tarantino made this movie?

Uzumaki

« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2004, 05:06:28 PM »
This movie was awesome! There is no other word for it. The fight scenes were very cool, the story line was easy to follow. All around a great movie.

Angel1610

« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2004, 05:20:13 PM »
This movie was awesome!

Jet Li.... Where?  Don't say another word.  I love asians. They are so cute. (Sry DS couldn't help myself) ;D

Cherry

« Reply #10 on: September 05, 2004, 05:34:58 PM »
yeah....i'm still in awe from last night....it was just so breathtakingly beautiful..*swoon*

Waya475

« Reply #11 on: September 05, 2004, 06:24:24 PM »
tarantino made this movie?

No, he promoted it.  He wanted it to be shown uncut, so he put his name on the movie, taking responsibility for the the possible failure.

Offline poprocks

• Clean
« Reply #12 on: September 07, 2004, 02:18:16 AM »
i heard from some of my friends that the subtitles were horribly inaccurate to the chinese speach and that the names were really bad... so im afraid to go watch it in theaters... i think i'll just stick to this nice vcd i have next to my computer right now (it looks real but i doubt it... i bought it in taiwan  ;D)

Cherry

« Reply #13 on: September 07, 2004, 04:27:42 PM »
Do the names or the subtitles matter that much? as long as you get it, its fine. And they probably tweaked the translation so people would understand it better. I think the names are fine. pssh.

Offline cccnnn

• tEh SlAvEdRiVeR
  • Addict
« Reply #14 on: September 08, 2004, 12:39:52 AM »
I saw the Chinese version about a year and a half ago.  Awesome movie and everything.  I love the rich culture and character built into the movie.

I haven't seen the North American release of it in theatres, although I am extremely cautious of the translation job they've done.  If you watched the Chinese version (mandarin - which is the original version), you would realize a lot of the culture references can simply not be translated into english without losing a lot of the meaning and context.

if you can understand some sort of chinese, i suggest you go watch the chinese version instead.